So we're getting Strickland vs Usman 2 Right?

I don't know. I'm a big fan of Izzy and I don't think he won a round.
I mean if you want to argue semantics about what 'wrecked' is, whatever, not interested. I'm from the same city and know Sean's family, I have every reason to be a fan and root for him, but just assessing his skills objectively I don't think he's a top MW, beating whatever version of Adesanya that was in a hard spar notwithstanding.

I mean if you want to argue semantics about what 'wrecked' is, whatever, not interested. I'm from the same city and know Sean's family, I have every reason to be a fan and root for him, but just assessing his skills objectively I don't think he's a top MW, beating whatever version of Adesanya that was in a hard spar notwithstanding.

That's fair, dude. I'm just a casual fight fan that saw a man lose every round in a fight I thought he would win. I think Sean has every right to be in the top 5.

We have talks of Costa fighting cannonier, Vettori seeminglty out, Khamzat booked with Whittaker and to top it off looks like they are going with the dreadful match making in Dricus vs Izzy in Austrailia.......

It leaves strickland without a top 5 guy to fight. I figure as they are both name fighters, both former champs, have both evovled a lot since the first fight, could make for a great 5 rounder. Plus, Media can always spin up some drama about Usman avenging Izzy giving the fight promotional depth aswell.

Anyone else expecting this?
I like it. Dana make it happen!

Makes sense, good rematch. I like those match ups at MW. Izzy DDP is also a great choice, strike the iron while it's hot. Don't let it slip away like Masvidal Edwards.

Booked, or not.. Available, or not.

Strickland is the number 1 ranked MW in the UFC. There is NO way he is going to rematch Usman. And at MW, I guess? That makes no sense at all. What is Usman’s MW ranking?

1712133376919.gif

Dricus vs Sean in Australia the Australian fans like both better than Izzy anyway. Plus Izzy ain't even Aussie he's a Kiwi.
I actually agree with Downs for once... had to happen eventually.

Eh I think Sean deserves a rematch. I’m fine with DDP
vs Isreal but Sean is in the mix at the top of the division. He doesn’t have to fight a WW with no wins at MW
They'd be fighting at MW as Usman is moving to MW.

Booked, or not.. Available, or not.

Strickland is the number 1 ranked MW in the UFC. There is NO way he is going to rematch Usman. And at MW, I guess? That makes no sense at all. What is Usman’s MW ranking?

View attachment 1037660
Usmans MW ranking is whatever the UFC says it is. he was just in a number one contenders fight at MW.

gonna book mark your post for later shaming.

Strickland should go box

He doesn't have anything left to prove in the UFC

Rightfully so. Strickland took Izzy to school and lost a split decision to DDP. There's no rational argument for Izzy vs DDP at this point.

#6 Brendan Allen should be in the mix if he torches Chris Curtis, and I think he will. That will be a 7 fight win streak and he's already got 5 stoppages in that run.

There isn't a good argument for Izzy or Strickland going next. Sean got murdered by Alex and lost to Cannonier, then fought an unranked guy and a fringe top 10 guy back to back before getting a free title shot he didn't earn. He loses the belt upon his first defense.

The UFC is a business not a sport and they'll run Izzy because it'll do business. That is the reality of it, but I hope we get some fresh matchups after this.

Usman is coming off 3 straight losses and is 0-1 as a MW. Try to think a little bit before posting something like this or agreeing to it so fast.

#6 Brendan Allen should be in the mix if he torches Chris Curtis, and I think he will. That will be a 7 fight win streak and he's already got 5 stoppages in that run.

There isn't a good argument for Izzy or Strickland going next. Sean got murdered by Alex and lost to Cannonier, then fought an unranked guy and a fringe top 10 guy back to back before getting a free title shot he didn't earn. He loses the belt upon his first defense.

The UFC is a business not a sport and they'll run Izzy because it'll do business. That is the reality of it, but I hope we get some fresh matchups after this.

Sean lost a controversial decision to Cannonier, then beat what most considered the current best middleweight in Izzy by completely dominating him and then lost another close split decision to DDP.

Allen has a better argument than Izzy does, but not Strickland or Cannonier.

Maybe Usman should fight a title eliminator with Shavkat over who gets to face GOATlal

Strickland fight is good too but it's at MW not WW so the WW fight sets up the WW TS better

Back