So We're gonna complain about Alex vs Hill too?

Nothing great is ridiculous lol

Alex/hill, max/justin, armen/charles, jiri/rakic are all great

None as great as Volk/topuira may be fair considering 5 year reigning, undefeated at FW p4p #2 champion vs undefeated monster prospect is hard to top
"may be fair" Lol

so the card is underwhelming because the fan base is retarded and wanted 55 year old fedor and retired khabib on it
For those that are underwhelmed... yeah.

Perception is reality.

I think it's the card of the year if the fights are as good as they look on paper. That's saying something with 299 looking amazing.

It's a good card. I think Dana oversold it, but that's to be expected. The way he was talking did make it sound like something bigger was in the works though.

I'm not really sure what the big fuss is about needing some circus-style event for every 00th card though. It's just a number and, with all the fight night events, really doesn't seem to be that meaningful imo.

jones is gone, that "linearity" is broken, forget about it: we have to pull togheter what is still here and imo Hill-Glover was a missed opportunity for an interim belt that'd have made perfect sense.
the rest of your objection are true but meaningless at this point.
Plus, Alex beat Jiri who beat Glover who beat Jan who beat Dom who beat Jon, so Alex still feels pretty linear to me

First when we get Gaethje vs Max many sherdoggers go up in arms and says ufc 300 lacks meaningful fights, seems like weird thrown together fights that make no sense, ect, ect.

Then a fight that comes along that is actually a championship fight that is both exciting and makes sense we call it dull and unworthy of main eventing? I've seen a lot of posts suggesting this.

What exactly did everyone want??? you got cool gimmicky fights like Max vs gaethje, meaningful title eliminators like Armen vs charles, and title fights with weight like alex vs hill and Zhang vs Xionan.

I really think nothing the UFC could do would ever satisfy anyone.
Nah that's a good headliner. We either see Alex revenge Glover via KO or Hill with a Johnny Walker esque wild finish. The card came together well, though I actually would have liked Leon on it aswell in place of the womens title fight. Zhang vs Xionan should have been on another card. The challenger is 2-2 in her last 4 and only getting it so Rose doesn't win the belt again.

They may have killed UFC Brazil with it, as I don't think Pereira should go into another defence straight away after going from a striker to a grappler. That's a lose/lose situation for the UFC there. Pereira wins and then gets outwrestled a few weeks later and they get a potato as a champ. It's the poor thinking that got Islam vs Volk 2 made on a card that would have sold if Islam fought Kevin Lee on short notice.

Maybe swap Colby and someone else onto that card and feed Colby to Brazil to appease them.

Izzy vs Periera 3 or Izzy vs DDP IMO would have brought much more hype and would have been a better fight.

It's better than Leon vs Belal but doesnt bring the fame/legacy type feel.
Personally I’d much prefer to see the LHW strap be unified. This is an intriguing matchup.

First when we get Gaethje vs Max many sherdoggers go up in arms and says ufc 300 lacks meaningful fights, seems like weird thrown together fights that make no sense, ect, ect.

Then a fight that comes along that is actually a championship fight that is both exciting and makes sense we call it dull and unworthy of main eventing? I've seen a lot of posts suggesting this.

What exactly did everyone want??? you got cool gimmicky fights like Max vs gaethje, meaningful title eliminators like Armen vs charles, and title fights with weight like alex vs hill and Zhang vs Xionan.

The main complaint is that Jamahal is a scrub, with no real accolades.

Ugly, annoying.

Although his latest interviews are okay.

"Actually a championship fight"

Umm, what did Jamahal Hill ever do to deserve to be in a championship fight in the first place?

Dude was only in that spot due to bizarre circumstances in the LHW division.
The champ was injured, and vacated. The 2 people who fought for the vacant belt, fought to a draw.

Jamahal was some last resort to get the ball rolling. Then he got injured without ever defending his belt after beating a rather old and slow Glover, who retired btw.

So, if you want to act like this is a legit LHW Championship Match - it really isn't.

It's a championship fight between 2 guys who have like 3 total ranked wins between the 2 of them at LHW.

It's a good card. I think Dana oversold it, but that's to be expected. The way he was talking did make it sound like something bigger was in the works though.

I'm not really sure what the big fuss is about needing some circus-style event for every 00th card though. It's just a number and, with all the fight night events, really doesn't seem to be that meaningful imo.
I'm guessing this fight maybe a fall back after having failed to setup a bigger drawing one but I'm certainly not complaining.

Who cares about a guy who hasn't won a fight in 6 years headlining a special event. god conor haters are his biggest supporters it's the weirdest thing.

Can't we all agree that the game has passed him by and he shouldn't be headlining huge events anymore? Stop putting him in that chair and he'll stop being that guy.
I agree.

Well said fellow Reina enthusiast.

Tbh I am looking forward to UFC300 way more than I did 100 and 200. Personally, I never really thought Brock was the hypest thing ever. The matchups on 100 and 200 weren't anything too special. And the fights did not really play out too well either. Most memorable things for me about 200 was Aldo looking really good against Edgar and Anderson almost pulling off a hail mary comeback. But those events did not really live up to the hype imo.
From one enthusiast to another, well said. {<redford}

Yeah 200 UFC and 100 was kind of underwhelming. 300 not only has a much bigger main card but every fight is a banger. No filler at all and that's just the main card. If they can make the prelims half as good I think there will be little debate as to which is the better between 100, 200 and 300. People complain now but I think by the end of UFC 300 those same people are going to have a change in opinion.

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of Gaethje/Max, but whatever...Poatan/Hill is a good fight. Hill had a fantastic showing in a great fight against Glover and earned that strap. He then gave it up in a respectful manner when injuries prevented him from defending. He deserves a shot here IMO.

it’s a good fight. wish it were something with more buzz, but it’ll do. they gotta work with what they have.

"Actually a championship fight"

Umm, what did Jamahal Hill ever do to deserve to be in a championship fight in the first place?

Dude was only in that spot due to bizarre circumstances in the LHW division.
The champ was injured, and vacated. The 2 people who fought for the vacant belt, fought to a draw.

Jamahal was some last resort to get the ball rolling. Then he got injured without ever defending his belt after beating a rather old and slow Glover, who retired btw.

So, if you want to act like this is a legit LHW Championship Match - it really isn't.

It's a championship fight between 2 guys who have like 3 total ranked wins between the 2 of them at LHW.
You're delusional

It’s not the fight. It’s the lack of star power the card lacks for the main event. I personally think it’s a great card.

You're right, but in folks' defense, I just don't think Hill has made much impact yet and lacks name recognition. I had to look up some of his fights and watch them to get familiar with the dude myself. He really put it to Glover. This is a great scrap.

Back