So what was the point of Chandler vs Mcgregor on TUF ?

MetaIIica

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
The UFC decided to pick Chandler and Mcgregor to film The Ultimate Fighter with the intentions of them fighting after the show had ended, but here we are 2 years later and the fight still isn't even finalized. That entire TUF season just seems like a total waste of time to me, like what really came out of having the biggest UFC star on it? Nothing.

Keep Conor in the public eye. The Conorius One would have fought if Chandler had become unhinged, but he kept his cool and Conor must have had trouble with his vitamins (being a health nut). Conor is now hoping to have Chandler take another fight so he can get an easier opponent.

Because they thought it was going to be the crazy ratings thing and was gunna be huge - and then it wasnt, and Mcgregor was never going to fight again anyways. So, the point was to make money and they failed to do that, so they moved on.

ostensibly the point was to get better ratings for TUF and to have Chandler and McGregor fight
but unfortunately McGregor is unhinged and not hungry anymore. turned soft and lazy from coke and bathroom trysts and alcoholism.
Chandler needs to move on from the fight ever happening and just fight again. he's an extremely entertaining fighter so he should just focus on that.

The UFC decided to pick Chandler and Mcgregor to film The Ultimate Fighter with the intentions of them fighting after the show had ended, but here we are 2 years later and the fight still isn't even finalized. That entire TUF season just seems like a total waste of time to me, like what really came out of having the biggest UFC star on it? Nothing.
What was the point of Mcgregor and Faber on TUF?

Because they thought it was going to be the crazy ratings thing and was gunna be huge - and then it wasnt, and Mcgregor was never going to fight again anyways. So, the point was to make money and they failed to do that, so they moved on.

I'm not sure they thought it would do crazy numbers. They just knew anything other than Conor would draw 7 viewers due to the state of the shows popularity.

I mean, I don't know but it seemed to me like it was just a cascade of variables and uncertainties which is the stuff of life. Any time Conor is in the mix, those things are ratcheted up to the third power. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that it had a lot to do with Conor not being cooperative, not entering the USADA pool on time, and not being 'about that life' enough for Dana to want to risk putting him in a fight, half drunk and half trained and unconditioned, and permanently tarnishing his all time goat of a cash cow.

The point was to set up a fight with Chandler and McGregor. And then Conor decided he's just not that into it. Not hard to understand. The UFC thought "This works every time, lets do it again." and Conor said "I don't like getting punched in the face anymore."

The UFC trying to get last bit of fuel out of a big, but nearly empty gas tank that’s named Conor McGregor.

Hyperbole much?

Ratings is what came out of McGregor being on the show. Milk that cash cow anyway you can. I'm starting to think McG will never fight again. He has money, and now possibly a Hollywood career. I haven't seen his Roadhouse movie, so I don't know if he can act. Doesn't matter though, Segal, Van Damme couldn't act either!

to make chandler wait ? ehehe

dana-white-dana-money.gif

The UFC THOUGHT they were getting a Conor-blessed ratings bonanza plus a boffo bout between two hitters. Surely that's obvious. What's less so is why Conor agreed to do it. You'd think a guy who now can't even be arsed to book a fight wouldn't squander so much of his time being a feature on a C-tier reality series. I guess keeping his name in the public eye while he was out recuperating was a factor, but Conor long ago perfected the art of doing that via much easier means.

Maybe some of it had to do with trying to put over fellow members of his team. Conor can go to some extraordinary lengths to help his mates — like flying across half the world and flinging dollies into bus windows. And one of the notable things he did on TUF was to insist on putting SBG fighters in the place of guys the UFC had already chosen to be on the show....

Back