So where is Tom Aspinhall?

He's training primarily wrestling and ju jitsu currently. So he must of knew blades or Almeida was gonna be next.
Source: His Training Partners

Stipe will be 42 years this year!

We're talking about mindset here, not the calendar. And many fighters, Stipe included, have the conviction they still have it in them.

Stipe has always said that he'll retire when it stops being "fun"; that as long as he feels good and strong, he'll fight. Of course he's also said he thinks about retiring after every fight he's ever been in. But contradictory as those sound, note that neither is a plan to stop by any certain age.

And consider. He hasn't been in a fight for a number of years, to remind him how nasty that feels on an aging body. For sure nobody at his gym of Strongstyle is leagues within his ability, to give him a rough enough go to persuade him of his mortality. He's still dominating teammates and thinking he's the shit. And he's always had a trust that everybody has a weak spot and that you just have to hit on the right gameplan to beat them. So even if he's cognizant of some bodily decline, he'd probably reassured that he can circumvent it. Old age and treachery beating youth and exuberance, and all that.

So why shouldn't he think he can whup Jones and then Aspinall, delusional though it may be? That's why I laugh at the idea he's dodging people. The way he thinks doesn't even stumble across the concept.

This might be my cynicism talking; but I imagine that the UFC has made it clear that it'll be beneficial (there are many potential scenarios) for him to lay low since they're pursuing the matchup between JBJ and Stipe.

This is the Ultimate Belt Squatting Championship.

Once you win a belt, even an interim one, it's your obligation to try and make money any way you can except actually fighting.

This might be my cynicism talking; but I imagine that the UFC has made it clear that it'll be beneficial (there are many potential scenarios) for him to lay low since they're pursuing the matchup between JBJ and Stipe.

Like "if you shut up and wait you will get ....800 000$ for defending the belt"

He's training primarily wrestling and ju jitsu currently. So he must of knew blades or Almeida was gonna be next.
Source: His Training Partners
Although honestly I suspect a proper fight between him and Bladyes would probably be desided standing.

Hopefully meeting him Saturday so I'll let you know what his been up to

Almost soon four months as go he took the belt in heavyweight. Zero words or indication when he is going to defend it.

I mean , what is the point fighting for less then 1 m dollars by waiting? He should try to leave ufc and start doing boxing.

Might want to know how to spell his name first.

He's picking his Asspinall because no one wants to fight him for his version of the title at the moment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back