So who shoulda won Arman or Charles?

Tsarukyan easily won rounds 2 & 3. One submission attempt doesn't change what happened during the first part of the round.
And what exactly did arman do in the first part of the round?

The real question is why Adelaide Byrd is still scoring fights, wtf is up with that? Corruption at its worst

Disappointing it was only 3 rounds.

I'm giving the win to Armen since he made Oliveira look pretty pedestrian.

Charles doing his best Dustin impression jumping guillotine does not win him a fight.

The darce at the end didn't seem to be much threat either.

i think arman is the better guy. and did more damage. controlled charles for a majority of the fight. but looking at the rules the fighter closer to getting a finish wins the round. so thats 1 and 3 charles.

according to the rules - charles
personal opinion - arman

None did damage on the standup
Oliveira had more control and almost got a finish round 1. IMHO, it should be his round.
Arman Round 2, he did more damage.
Round 3, I cant positively say Arman won. Charles kinda reversed the position and ended trying that sub, which maybe wasnt that tight. If instead of trying to choke his opponent and finish the fight, he threw a few punches that wouldnt do much, he would have scored more points and won it?
I would have been fine with either guy winning this one, but I could also see a draw. Kinda boring, but it would make sense.

one thing we can all agree I guess, this should have been a 5 rounder.

Rd 1 Charles
Rd 2 Arman
Rd 3 Arman slightly

in my opinion. im no expert judge
I agree, first was close but it was charles. 2nd, no debate, Arman. 3rd... Arman did get choked at the last 30 seconds but won the round with more control

Before they announced the results I'd thought it would be 29-28 Arman UD or a split 29-28 each

Not mad if Charles won

Oliveira fights like the ruleset is actually what it should be, and it's to his detriment. Officially it's an L, but morally I believe Charles walked away the victor.

Arman.

Even Charles knew it, he was applauding Arman before they even read the score.

As a giant Oliveira fan, I feel like I have to vote Arman here. But yeah, could have gone to Oliveira on the argument of having the bigger, near fight ending moments. Just too few and far between when he's on his back.

Still my boy. Still must see TV.

Interesting thing I realised about the 3rd round, Arman actually had a von flu choke on Charles. Well, it looked like one lol

Felt like Tsarukyan deserved to win, right guy won, i was rooting for Olives tho.

Interesting thing I realised about the 3rd round, Arman actually had a von flu choke on Charles. Well, it looked like one lol

He didn't. He did have Charles' arm trapped but he never went for the actual choke.

And what exactly did arman do in the first part of the round?

90% of the round was Armen in position, controlling, and landing about 6-7 punches.

Charles reversed and had a submission in the last 30 seconds that he wasn’t finishing.

Back