Soccer is the least talented sport on earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really good at all sports that I played except soccer. So it is obviously the hardest.

Literally every sport is the same as far as repetition and soccer is no different. The difference between mostly boring sports and the not so boring sports is a shot clock. I think most Americans will say baseball is the most boring of all the American sports because there's nothing to speed up the pace. Same with soccer... you can kick the ball around for minutes without setting up any attack. That's what we find boring. Hockey doesn't have a shot clock, but the rink is so small compared to a soccer field, it forces way more action.

NBA and NFL have clocks... the game is forced to move forward. They are more exciting.
lol nba and nfl exiting. reason football/soceer is exiting is because there is few chances and goals. that is reason why nba and nfl is boring you have tons of chances so then scoring has little to no meaning

lol nba and nfl exiting. reason football/soceer is exiting is because there is few chances and goals. that is reason why nba and nfl is boring you have tons of chances so then scoring has little to no meaning

Exciting, not exiting.

Anyhow, soccer is 100% not at all exciting because there's few chances.

Exciting, not exiting.

If Dana had put it like that, it would be fine. Nothing wrong with having an opinion.
But the man gave the dumbest reasoning possible. And he presented it in his typical emotional "Sunday barbeque watching Superbowl and having a Bud light" american style lol

Said by the guy who commented UFC/MMA would be bigger than soccer.

Exciting, not exiting.

Back when they had 5 forwards and 2 defenders it had a lot more scoring(comparable to what you see in NFL if we count a TD as a "point"). Now it's almost the oppposite, it's a defensive game. Soccer wasn't always this way.

Exciting, not exiting.

I think it depends on what you grow up with really. I could never get into basketball because although I like it as a game there's just so much scoring that every basket feels pretty meaningless to me.

Dana's a clown and he's wrong. Any 3 year old can play any sport. That's an idiot's argument.

As for the net, he completely discounts the quality of the athletes playing defense or the goalie. But that's not surprising because he's not trying to making good arguments, just shit on the sport. It's no different than how media used to shit on BJJ in the early days, because they didn't understand it they would say it's just 2 dudes rolling around on the ground, that stand up fighting is the only real fighting, etc. It's always a sign of idiocy when someone insults the technical prowess of something just because it's different.

And the scoring thing always irks me, not just with soccer. A touchdown is 6 points, 7 with the extra point. A football game that ends 21-7 is considered a good game. But it's still just 3-1. And, in Dana fashion, look at the size of the end zone? You're telling me that a football team can't find it's way into a space that large more than 2-3 times a game?

Dana's a clown but I suppose that's why he still has a job. He knows how to work the media and sell his sport.

Literally every sport is the same as far as repetition and soccer is no different. The difference between mostly boring sports and the not so boring sports is a shot clock. I think most Americans will say baseball is the most boring of all the American sports because there's nothing to speed up the pace. Same with soccer... you can kick the ball around for minutes without setting up any attack. That's what we find boring. Hockey doesn't have a shot clock, but the rink is so small compared to a soccer field, it forces way more action.

NBA and NFL have clocks... the game is forced to move forward. They are more exciting.
I think that's an unfortunate reflection on Americans. I'm a new soccer convert, only started watching it in the last 3 years. The game is extraordinarily complex. But if people are primarily focused on scoring, it will be boring to them. But it also means that they're not appreciating the tactical elements required to set up scoring opportunities.

In America, we've worked very hard to reduce how much work it takes to score in our sports. And in so doing, I think we've become less intelligent about the sports we watch. We want to make the scoring so easy that we've abandoned any appreciation for the ability to defend. We don't want hard fought victories anymore. We want runaway scores. I think that's what makes the low chance rates so boring to non-soccer fans. They want to see scoring so badly that they don't take the time to appreciate the other elements of the game.

But they feel this way about every sport, not just soccer.

I think that's an unfortunate reflection on Americans. I'm a new soccer convert, only started watching it in the last 3 years. The game is extraordinarily complex. But if people are primarily focused on scoring, it will be boring to them. But it also means that they're not appreciating the tactical elements required to set up scoring opportunities.

In America, we've worked very hard to reduce how much work it takes to score in our sports. And in so doing, I think we've become less intelligent about the sports we watch. We want to make the scoring so easy that we've abandoned any appreciation for the ability to defend. We don't want hard fought victories anymore. We want runaway scores. I think that's what makes the low chance rates so boring to non-soccer fans. They want to see scoring so badly that they don't take the time to appreciate the other elements of the game.

But they feel this way about every sport, not just soccer.

Yeah, stuff like watching prime tiki taka Barcelona move the ball around to gradually pull defenders out of position was good to watch imo.

Dana's a clown and he's wrong. Any 3 year old can play any sport. That's an idiot's argument.

As for the net, he completely discounts the quality of the athletes playing defense or the goalie. But that's not surprising because he's not trying to making good arguments, just shit on the sport. It's no different than how media used to shit on BJJ in the early days, because they didn't understand it they would say it's just 2 dudes rolling around on the ground, that stand up fighting is the only real fighting, etc. It's always a sign of idiocy when someone insults the technical prowess of something just because it's different.

And the scoring thing always irks me, not just with soccer. A touchdown is 6 points, 7 with the extra point. A football game that ends 21-7 is considered a good game. But it's still just 3-1. And, in Dana fashion, look at the size of the end zone? You're telling me that a football team can't find it's way into a space that large more than 2-3 times a game?

Dana's a clown but I suppose that's why he still has a job. He knows how to work the media and sell his sport.

Dana was actually one of people who kept saying how bad MMA and BJJ is.
Then allegedly he educated himself and changed his opinion (- translated: He saw an opportunity to become successful and changed his opinion).

Who knows what his private opinion on MMA/BJJ still really is.
He's been trying to get into boxing forever... to be the biggest boxing promoter on the planet is what he always really wanted... his last pathetic attempt just a couple of years ago.

they have some talented guys

1240850870_maradona-soccer-trick.gif

The average NBA game has 221.2 points.
The average NBA broadcast lasts 144.9 minutes.
That's 1 point every 40 seconds.

The average NHL game has 6.28 goals.
The average NHL broadcast lasts 157 minutes.
That's 1 goal every 25 minutes.

The average EPL game has 2.8 goals.
The average EPL broadcast lasts 116.6 minutes.
That's 1 goal every 41.6 minutes.

The average NFL game has 4.8 TDs.
The average NFL broadcast lasts 208.5 minutes.
That's 1 TD every 43.4 minutes.

The average MLB game has 2.44 HRs.
The average MLB broadcast lasts 225.2 minutes.
That's 1 HR every 92.3 minutes.

Exciting, not exiting.

exciting? Some would say basketball is 40+ mins too long with this Dana logic then. There is simply just way too much scoring. The most important are the last 8-10 mins of each game generally. Make these basketball players run 40 mins worth of suicide runs and then play 8 mins of hard basketball.

that’s the Dana logic here…

And Pana is right. Americans have such short attention spans we need to dummify all sports to score as much as possible. Can’t appreciate the nuances of great defenses in any sport these days apparently…

exciting? Some would say basketball is 40+ mins too long with this Dana logic then. There is simply just way too much scoring. The most important are the last 8-10 mins of each game generally. Make these basketball players run 40 mins worth of suicide runs and then play 8 mins of hard basketball.

that’s the Dana logic here…

And Pana is right. Americans have such short attention spans we need to dummify all sports to score as much as possible. Can’t appreciate the nuances of great defenses in any sport these days apparently…
What is even more dumber is every year they create rules for more artifical because it is not natural scoring

I just thought a out this Americans are only good in their 3 sports and no others. I mean that just tells you these sports have no talent in them it is easy to shoot the ball gazillion time and you will hit it one time or throw a ball it is bound for somebody to catch it eventually or have 2×162 chances if hitting a ball. Others sports around the world requires talent.

Some sports are big because of how cheap and easy they are to play, I believe soccer is one of those, that doesn’t mean there aren’t amazing athletes in soccer. But out of all the big team sports soccer might be the most boring to me.

I just thought an out this Americans are only good in their 3 sports and no others. I mean that just tells you these sports have no talent in them it is easy to shoot the ball gazillion time and you will hit it one time or throw a ball it is bound for somebody to catch it eventually or have 2×162 chances if hitting a ball. Others sports around the world requires talent.
That doesn’t make sense if it’s hard to hit a ball 1/162 times , and that’s at the pro level then that would mean it requires talent to hit that ball.

Some sports are big because of how cheap and easy they are to play, I believe soccer is one of those, that doesn’t mean there aren’t amazing athletes in soccer. But out of all the big team sports soccer might be the most boring to me.

Soccer is the most popular sport in most "rich" countries. Just to name a few...
Germany
UK
France
Italy
South Korea
Spain
Saudi Arabia
Netherlands
Switzerland
Sweden
Belgium
Norway

Last edited:
Soccer is the most popular sport in most rich countries. Just to name a few...
Germany
UK
France
Italy
South Korea
Spain
Netherlands
Saudi Arabia
Switzerland
Sweden
Belgium
Cool story. None of those countries have a lower class? Everyone is rich.? All I was saying was that to play soccer you need a ball , that’s kind of it, so it is readily accessible to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back