Somali Pirates VS Ship's Private Security Guards

bubbleboyjones

Belt Purple
@Silver
Reaction score
Somali Pirates have their eyes on a ship and run into at least 4 guys who are probably ex-military armed with M-16s.

Somali pirates .. haha the south park on this was great

I saw this same vid, and was thinking about posting it

If all it takes is a few guys with guns, then how did the piracy problem off Somalia ever become such an issue?

Well that seemed easy. Captain Phillips needed a better setup.

I saw this same vid, and was thinking about posting it

If all it takes is a few guys with guns, then how did the piracy problem off Somalia ever become such an issue?

It is only a problem for those who got their guns stolen by democrats.

Somali Pirates have their eyes on a ship and run into at least 4 guys who are probably ex-military armed with M-16s.

Fucking awesome. I would buy them a beer or two.

I used to hate these pirates until I learned why they're doing what they're doing.

These guys live off of fishing. Then big commercial ships from other countries literally come in and scoop up practically all the fish with huge nets, then leave as fast as they came in, leaving the native population with no means to support themselves.

Shipping companies dropped the armed guards because Somali pirates have been inactive for a few years now, but they might re-hire again.

I used to hate these pirates until I learned why they're doing what they're doing.

These guys live off of fishing. Then big commercial ships come in and scoop up practically all the fish, then leave, leaving these guys with nothing.
They can have some lead encased in copper.

see they did that, the Russians went even crazier..

See, that ship looked huge, and looked to have had gun batteries. What poor ass Somalian pirate would attempt to go after that? I want to see more than that video showed. Still awesome though.

Regulators didn't allow commercial ships to have armed personnel on ships like that. So it started with idiotic governments trying to treat this like a conventional military problem by sending in warships as a blockade which doesn't work. Eventually the solution was just for the boats to employe private security forces. Also these guys aren't just mall security guys with guns. They are employing legit ex-military guys on the boats. These pirates aren't fucking around and will be shooting back.

I got offered a job doing this,turned it down cause one of the government's down there has a habit of locking people up for doing this.

01Ma9UN.gif

Regulators didn't allow commercial ships to have armed personnel on ships like that. So it started with idiotic governments trying to treat this like a conventional military problem by sending in warships as a blockade which doesn't work. Eventually the solution was just for the boats to employe private security forces. Also these guys aren't just mall security guys with guns. They are employing legit ex-military guys on the boats. These pirates aren't fucking around and will be shooting back.

I think it's a lot of former special ops guys. I have heard Blackwater (or it's current form) is currently very involved in ship security off of Somalia. No pirate will stand a chance vs a trained veteran operator

I wouldn't mind sending a few rounds downrange if they are floating my way. Their biggest threat is shooting an rpg at your hull

In the words of the great Matt Serra..."good, f#*k em."

There was an article about a bunch of mercenary contract ship guards who got stranded on some oil rig staging area a while back. The story nuts. Some legit ex operator guys and some total freaking clowns all piled on some rusty oil rig that had been poorly converted into a barracks.

Back