Some light sparring

Silver tongue samurai

Ronin
@Blue
Reaction score
Here is a round of sparring post half hour warm up and an hour of pads, tried to work on elbows, knees and understanding different distances.

The reason it is cut up is because my partner would throw an elbow without elbow pads and i would have to tell him "buddy, chill out with that." once or twice.

Enjoy, let me know anything you guys notice in regards to holes and the such. im dealing with a sprained lateral meniscus so im trying to work out kinks as i cant do much but take steps and shadowbox slowly with elbows at the moment
EDIT: im in the purple

I can't even watch your videos. I have bad reception at work.

Looking good. I could offer some criticism but what's the point. Good on you for practicing a martial art.

I feel like I could box you up tho
9dLvLtA.png

Looks pretty good! You have long arms and use them with some purpose. I like the idea when you stiff arm, but you just need to be careful with being too open. It works better for you in southpaw because you can occupy their lead with it and your not as open with your rear guard up. In ortho he can step in and overhand over you lead hand, which he did a few times. You generally look more comfortable and clean in southpaw.

You have a good flow when you come forward and put your punches and kicks together, but be less lazy with your lead hand and guard. Also when you switch without setting it up with a combination you're a tad lackadaisical. Just making everything sharper and a bit tighter, including the footwork (not tense!), would help a lot.

Keep up the good work!

There is absolutely nothing to say and no conclusion to be drawn from that session. I have seen harder sparring in kiddie point fighting dojos with ninja suits, bump stickers and nunchakus.

As much shit as Spacetime is talking lol, the sparring is real light and not much conclusion to be drawn from it. You look comfortable enough but it's a low intensity. Personally, I'd avoid sparring anyone using elbows and no elbow pads but that's just me.

Wish I had more insight aside from not leaning back so far on some of the kicks, take your head off centerline instead if you have to. I'm just grateful sparring videos are posted at all these days.

I'm not bashing TMA at all I started at a strict thai gym. I stated light sparring for a reason, I dont know what you expected if you read the tittle properly

I read the titel. That's not light sparring to me. Common dude. Sean Connerys wife took more beatings.

you should be able to spar light without moving so slowly. if your sparring partner is a prick that gets carried away just bash him and trade him in for a new one. honestly though, sparring should never be performed so slowly, it can cause as many bad habits as full power no technique swing dinging matches.

Yeah I agree with everyone here. You are geared up to the nines yet sparring in slow motion. Either go harder and make some actual contact or go full speed lightly.

Back