Someone is about to complete running the entire length of the African continent

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
...and it's a white guy?!

Ultramarathon runner Russ Cook, also known as Hardest Geezer, is not your average runner. This fearless adventurer is currently crossing the entire length of Africa. Russ discovered his passion for extreme running after a friend convinced him to participate in a half marathon. Since then, he has never looked back. Over the last 345 days, Russ has completed nearly 376 marathons across the African continent and his journey is scheduled to end on April 7. Starting from the tip of South Africa in April 2023, the challenge will conclude in Bizerte, Tunisia. Despite facing challenges such as visa issues, health concerns and even robbery, Russ remained determined to complete the adventure.

This dude has been at this for close to a year. He also got robbed. I am going to send this to my African friend and tease him for not wanting to go back to visit.

Even for ultramarathon era standards that’s cut from a different cloth.
Averaging 40-50 miles a day for damn near a year.
How his body holds up & other elite ultramarathoners is unreal.
Damn Impressive feat. ;)

This is a way better version.

I like how you brought Trump into this

I have no clue of his personal stance in this matter, just my own musings about what kind of damage this can potentially do to the human body.
The joints? Yes. He could take a break and joint supps and recover. His cardio is through the roof though and that could only be good unless he keeps on it and develops athletic heart syndrome.

I just brought up Trump because that was his excuse why he doesn't exercise.

Back