Sorry but the apex sucks.

If we're going to go that far with it, than don't leave out that Brenneman had another fight scheduled and didn't just come in off the street unprepared. This was the best they could come up with, which should show you despite all the names on the undercard, at the time those guys were nobodies who casual fans didn't know about and didn't care about.

In 10 years we'll look back at all the names from this undercard and say "wow this was low key great" too.

It was a pretty good card at the time too don’t know what you’re so miserable about lol

They like it because it’s cheap and they control everything but it makes the show look low rent.

At the least, they should do like WCW did with their Saturday show and fill it up to a few hundred people.

Last edited:
It's stupid that it's a smaller Octagon. What bushleague sport changes the size of the field every so often?

That is stupid yes but at the same time most gyms don't even have an actual sized octagon. A lot of them have a smaller version. I remember GSP leading up to one of his very last fights, it may even have been the Bisping fight he was talking in the promo about how he/they had gotten a real sized octagon for the gym. Fucking GSP!!! At the end of his career to boot. Lmao.

They like it because it’s cheap and they control everything but it makes the show look low rent.

At the least, they should do like WCW did with their Saturday show and up it up to a few hundred people.
I'm not a fan of the apex but there has been a couple of times where they filled it with more people like you said and it was much better. Had a really good atmosphere, they should so this for every Apex show.

So you don't hate the apex. U hate the fights there?

Sorry OP, do better

Huge fan of the sport of MMA and grateful for free UFC but come on Dana...feels like a super low budget regional show

Either get rid of it or upgrade it .

nothing against small/ club fight atmosphere and smaller fight nights but the UFC is supposed to be the premier MMA organization globally...

Do better.
Can the UFC fill a venue holding weak events such as last night's? I doubt it.

I hate the Apex!
Yeah the Apex events are dreadful for the most part, I'm sick and tired of them. Apex was only for Covid Lockdown.. we are long past that now. We need real arenas with real fans, the Apex is so flat, it just kills all the buzz. There is no energy and it just makes every fight look so unimportant.

The whole entire point of sports is its supposed to have fans and have lots of energy and excitement, the Apex just takes all of that away, its just the TUF set

Look at the last event UFC 299, from the very first prelim the fans were so loud, there was so much energy and buzz. When you remove real human beings its just flat and has nothing about it. I'm surprised more people don't complain about Apex, its hurt the UFC cards badly. The fights don't look important!!

I think only extroverts who attend live sports events care about this. And for those people the big cards are almost all live. They are using the apex to provide the filler content they need to do the Disney deal. This is a rare case of corner cutting that actually makes sense. Fighters are probably more comfy with no annoying crowd.

But yeah introvert v extrovert issue. You either think the crowd is wonderful or you think its annoying. Different strokes for different folks.
I hate the crowd if I'm actually there but like them when I'm watching on TV. Apex is a bore.

Yeah the Apex events are dreadful for the most part
I feel like what they should do with the Apex is build fighter interactions around the events <45>

Sorta like a TUF house on steroids - Small venue - give fighters free tickets and put rivals close to each other . give free alcohol - crank up the WWE aspect and go wild XD

Huge fan of the sport of MMA and grateful for free UFC but come on Dana...feels like a super low budget regional show

nothing against small/ club fight atmosphere and smaller fight nights but the UFC is supposed to be the premier MMA organization globally...

Do better.
I hear what you are saying,

but the UFC figured out that they can fulfill their contractual obligations to ESPN by putting up these C-Grade shows for cheap...

so... we will be getting Apex shows until the ESPN contract expires

Do better.

Yeah there's literally zero atmosphere in there, feels like I'm watching Kimbo fight in a backyard lol.

But, in all seriousness that place needs a shot in the ass.

I feel like what they should do with the Apex is build fighter interactions around the events <45>

Sorta like a TUF house on steroids - Small venue - give fighters free tickets and put rivals close to each other . give free alcohol - crank up the WWE aspect and go wild XD
Great idea, it would be something different. Love that

im shocked there are people this balls deep into UFC that they turn into apex cards. This is like an NBA fan deciding to spend their Saturday watching the Pistons Wizards game.

All right this main event with Rouizenstruick and whoeverthe"!#! is boring us to sleep here at the Apex^^
Great idea, it would be something different. Love that
But hey look, O'Malley is brawling in the stands with Merab, let's watch that instead 👍

Back