Social Southern Baptists: "We Have Been Guilty of a Sinful Absence of Historical Curiosity."

Praise the Lord, the Southern Christians are finally admitting they supported slavery and segregation. Well the Baptists atleast.

I believe most Christians have addressed and acknowledged that black men were not treated well by many in the previous generations. And much of what happened was sinful and wrong. But like you said, the Bible does not condemn slavery.

And herein lies the problem with trying to adhere to ancient dogma and its associated deities.

You can not unequivocally say slavery is wrong. Because 'your book' didn't. In fact your book condoned slavery. You can not even bring yourself to write down that slavery is wrong because your book did not. All you can muster up is a tepid, 'I am glad there is no slavery', such is the magnitude of your cuckedness. You have some options, as does organized religion, but I fear you both lack the strength to walk down those roads.

Just admitting the book got it wrong is probably anathema to you. Plus, if you admit that the Bible got this wrong, there is a long line of horse shit behind this just waiting to be looked at. But failure to do this just pushes organized religion further and further out of touch.

I am an atheist so I have no skin in the game, but IMO for organized religion to have a future, some clever fella is just going to have to come in and scrap the whole fucking book. Just jettison all the patriarchal homophobic bullshit as well as the fantasy, and hone it all down to the 10 commandments. Which could really be condensed down to 5.

1) I'm the man (that pretty much encompasses commandments 1-4)
2) Don't lie, cheat, steal or kill. You should put that to the Eddie Guerrero Walk in.

3) Listen to your parents
4) Don't fuck the neighbors missus.
5) Don't be jelly or you have to go to jelly school

Last edited:
I think it's cool for southern baptists to care about history when it comes to their religion's promotion of slavery, but where is their curiosity towards the history of their faith generally?

If they cared about history, they would see their stories crumble away, and be left with a better system: humanism.

Hopefully.

Christians= evil scum
Muslims= they're cool, don't judge them for the atrocities committed in the name of Islam.

Christians= evil scum
Muslims= they're cool, don't judge them for the atrocities committed in the name of Islam.

Nah. All radicalized ideologies are bad. Even Godless ones. Just lock them all up with the Christians and Saracens in a room and have Crusades 10: The Apocalypse.

Last edited:
Christians= evil scum

This is a childish representation.

Is it at all possible to not hate the adherents to the faith, but hate the tenets of the faith itself? Is it to hard to see that thinking people do this shit every single day of their lives?

This is a childish representation.

Is it at all possible to not hate the adherents to the faith, but hate the tenets of the faith itself? Is it to hard to see that thinking people do this shit every single day of their lives?
Maybe, but it's appropriate when half this site consists of people who have the same mental capacity as children.
<TheDonald>

Back