Spences best performance?

A lot of Ugas mentions, which doesn't fit with the narrative that Spence is a worse fighter because of the crash.
Personally I wouldn't make that excuse if he gets beat by Bud. That said I will say that Ugas was tailor made for Spence's style. Bud gonna move more and counter. Just don't know if he can upstand the pressure if he doesn't finish early maybe mid rds. Like a 6-2rds his way after 8 type lead for Bud imo if he wants a good shot to win a Dec.

A lot of Ugas mentions, which doesn't fit with the narrative that Spence is a worse fighter because of the crash.
That narrative isn't necessarily a true one. Nobody will ever know. I think it was ring rust and still a bit banged up vs D.Garcia.
He had a ton of time to heal and get back to the best version of himself by the time he took on Ugas.

That narrative isn't necessarily a true one. Nobody will ever know. I think it was ring rust and still a bit banged up vs D.Garcia.
He had a ton of time to heal and get back to the best version of himself by the time he took on Ugas.

I'm with you. I never have heard a good explanation for why the car crash should have permanently damaged him. But you hear a lot of talk about it.

I think the concern is more about how well Spence's durability will hold up. He seems to have retained his skill set

I'm with you. I never have heard a good explanation for why the car crash should have permanently damaged him. But you hear a lot of talk about it.
I was in a bad car accident similar to him. Was a Porsche not a Ferrari though. I also had my seat belt on, he didn't. I recovered pretty fine and didn't have the injuries he did because he was thrown from the car. But I had some permanent nerve damage as a result. Still shows itself in the fact that I can't hold my hands steady or still if I try. But doesn't impact anything else. So I can 100% see how people would think his accident would take something from him. His was 100x worse than mine because he was slung out of the vehicle. Miracle he survived.

His last performance against Ugas. Enough to convince me he does the same thing to Crawford.

Of course it matters. If a flyweight bulks up to heavyweight, of course the heavyweight he's fighting is gonna look spectacular. Spence is a big WW as well, so looking good against a blown up SFW (and a total hype job, at that) is to be expected.
Yeah well, Garcia didn't go from flyweight to heavyweight. He had a belt at 140, was 39-0 and on most P4P lists.
Both men came into the ring as welterweights. Again, you seem to be stuck on picking out who his toughest fight was when thats not the question originally posed.
Mikey Garcia wasn't some novice. Spence dominated that fight and not in the way people expected him to. He showed different looks in there, showed some versatility. He didn't rely on size to win that one, he outboxed Garcia.

Last edited:
Yeah well, Garcia didn't go from flyweight to heavyweight. He had a belt at 140, was 39-0 and on most P4P lists.
Both men came into the ring as welterweights. Again, you seem to be stuck on picking out who his toughest fight was when thats not the question originally posed.
Mikey Garcia wasn't some novice. Spence dominated that fight and not in the way people expected him to. He showed different looks in there, showed some versatility. He didn't rely on size to win that one, he outboxed Garcia.

It was impressive but he relied on his length with his jab a lot.

I would've said Brook but he was damaged goods after the Golovkin fight. That eye never healed.
I'm not totally sold on that tbh, the eye was definitely a problem, but spence took that fight over and won it either way, and brook looked pretty good for most of that fight

Weight classes matter. A great performance against a man who should never have been at WW in the first place is expected, so it doesn't count.

I never said "toughest fight", I said what his best performances were. Porter and Peterson are his best performances. Beating up some SFW is not an achievement. Of course he looked good.

Everyone expected him to dominate. Just stop. lol

And Mikey was EXTREMELY overrated.

I'm not totally sold on that tbh, the eye was definitely a problem, but spence took that fight over and won it either way, and brook looked pretty good for most of that fight

Brook looked good. But I just don't see how you can take a beating like that from someone like Golovkin and it not leave you permanently damaged.

Brook or Ugas.

That fight with Brook was pretty damn good. Those first 6 rounds were back n forth action with each man getting the better of one another. From the 7th till the stoppage Spence's pressure kept coming and Book just wilted and broke down.

Against Ugas.... shiiiiiddd, Spence looked like a damn terminator. He was relentless with his punches. And Ugas landed some solid shots on Spence too. Not just the mishap in the 6th, hell even before he got stopped he landed 2 solid body shots on Spence after his eye was already broken.

Back