Movies Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 vs Infinity War and Endgame

most iconic duo for Marvel, 00s or 10s

• Total voters
I'm leaning toward the Avengers movies, but they're also the most recent. I gotta see how they age. Maybe my opinion will remain the same in the future, who knows?

Spider Man 1 and 2 bothered me a lot when they first came out, because every punch Spidey lands on Ock or Goblin ought to cave their head in. But I've come to see them as movies that capture the atmosphere of the old 70's Superman movie; rich in emotion and wonder, but also playful.

That upside down kiss is as memorable as Clark Kent running with a fedora on, throwing off his tie and taking flight. Spiderman 2 also had that terrific train scene which has stood the test of time.

The Avengers are rewatchable adventure movies with colorful characters, and "The snap"/Cap lifting Thors hammer are solid highlights that have cultural resonance, though not as much as the kiss imo.

49-48 for Avengers because the goblin mask was so silly

Last edited:
I liked Begins the first time around in the theater but not so much upon rewatch.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but i never heard someone who doesn't like films that are well made in all technical aspects; directing, writing, acting, soundtrack, cinematography, scenography, action scenes, themes etc.

So, agree to disagree....

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but i never heard someone who doesn't like films that are well made in all technical aspects; directing, writing, acting, soundtrack, cinematography, scenography, action scenes, themes etc.

So, agree to disagree....
Because they're comic book movies with worse fight choreography than a Power Rangers episode.

Because they're comic book movies with worse fight choreography than a Power Rangers episode.

And with better directing, cinematography, themes (and depth), a recognizable director style and vision instead of being a studio production, and amazing villains? Sure, if fight scenes where everything then BvS would be one of the best comic book films.

Plot makes perfect sense and is well written and detailed, as I said you're just hating so you are downplaying the film, without giving any credit to it.

As if action scenes are only hand to hand combat scenes ^.

Last edited:
Young Toby McGuire was a perfect Spiderman. Those 2 movies in the 00s were good.

But come on man ....... Infinity war n last hour of end game were easily better.

As if action scenes are only hand to hand combat scenes ^.

<Huh2>

Erm…

You do understand that Batman is not a Fast & Furious type of action movie right?

You do understand that Batman is one of the best martial artist in the world and he fights criminals by beating them up right?

I mean… you did watch Batman Begins where he trained with ninjas to obtain his crime-fighting skills right?

Also… you have a reeeaaally unhealthy obsession with TDK. You should talk to someone about that.

<Huh2>

Erm…

You do understand that Batman is not a Fast & Furious type of action movie right?

You do understand that Batman is one of the best martial artist in the world and he fights criminals by beating them up right?

I mean… you did watch Batman Begins where he trained with ninjas to obtain his crime-fighting skills right?

Also… you have a reeeaaally unhealthy obsession with TDK. You should talk to someone about that.

Action scenes still had a sense of style, and intentional to make them "realistic" as possible, remember this Batman doesn't have superpowers.

Nope, I just like pointing out how somebody doesn't know about what's talking about, or is just hating; by pointing out facts and logical arguments.

Action scenes still had a sense of style, and intentional to make them "realistic" as possible, remember this Batman doesn't have superpowers.

Nope, I just like pointing out how somebody doesn't know about what's talking about, or is just hating; by pointing out facts and logical arguments.

<{danawhoah}>

Do you actually think the fight scenes in TDK and TDKR are realistic??? And here you are posting in a MMA forum...

Some of those fight scenes are sloppier than Ronda Rousey's boxing.

You don't actually watch MMA now do you?

<{danawhoah}>

Do you actually think the fight scenes in TDK and TDKR are realistic??? And here you are posting in a MMA forum...

Some of those fight scenes are sloppier than Ronda Rousey's boxing.

You don't actually watch MMA now do you?

They're grounded, and "realisitic" for their universe.

I think that they're all equally as unrealistic in their own way. I think that The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises pretend to be realistic but are grounded with very few unrealistic moments whereas the overall tone and style presents Batman Begins as the least realistic.

The scenes in Begins used shaky-cam and quick shots because it was showing Batman from a criminal's perspective. The physical feats he achieved in the films are not achievable in our reality, that's why Begins is the most "fantastical" in tone and less realistic film.

I voted for the Avengers movies, but I have to say seeing Spidey websling through N-Y for the first time was a childhood dream come true.
I had to wait over 30 years for that.

Infinity war and Watchman blow anything made to date outta the water...

imo...

Infinity war > Spiderman 2 > Spiderman > Endgame.

Spider Man 1 and 2 bothered me a lot when they first came out, because every punch Spidey lands on Ock or Goblin ought to cave their head in. But I've come to see them as movies that capture the atmosphere of the old 70's Superman movie; rich in emotion and wonder, but also playful.

That upside down kiss is as memorable as Clark Kent running with a fedora on, throwing off his tie and taking flight. Spiderman 2 also had that terrific train scene which has stood the test of time.

The Avengers are rewatchable adventure movies with colorful characters, and "The snap"/Cap lifting Thors hammer are solid highlights that have cultural resonance, though not as much as the kiss imo.

I would say in those films Spidey's super strenght isnt generally played up as much, its used a few times but its easier to overlook it.

As you say it does feel like it has half a foot or more in the Reeves era Superman idea of superheroes, playing up the characters as larger than life. The Russo MCU films espeically I think you have that mix of a world thats obviously larger than life but the characters are generally quite down to earth. Its almost a cliche but really I do think the character moments are the main draw of the franchise and why personally I felt End Game was better than Infinity War.

I just rewatched Infinity War last night. If Thanos could've reversed Wanda destroying the soul stone, why couldn't Dr. Strange reverse Thanos getting the first two stones?

Green Goblin has almost the same level of superhuman strength as Spider-Man. In No Way Home, Osborn utterly dominates Spidey in their first fight - see my Av - and displays Super-Strength almost certainly greater than Captain America, Winter Soldier or Red Skull. None of whom are exactly lightweights. It's only when Peter gives into his rage after May is murdered and goes all out against Osborn that he gains the upper hand.

Doc Ock is able to eat Spidey's punches because Peter almost always holds back from using his full strength, even when he shouldn't. This actually became a major plot point in the Superior Spider-Man story. Otto is dying from the accumulated damage caused by years of fighting Spidey. He manages to switch his conciousness with Peter's, taking over his body and leaving Peter trapped in Otto's crippled, dying body.

Superior Spider-Man's first fight is against The Scorpion. Otto hits Gargen with his full power and tears Gargen's jaw clean off with a single punch. A shocked Otto realises that the only reason he lasted so many years fighting Spidey is that Peter was always pulling his punches. He could have killed Doctor Octopus any time he wanted to.

Green Goblin has almost the same level of superhuman strength as Spider-Man. In No Way Home, Osborn utterly dominates Spidey in their first fight - see my Av - and displays Super-Strength almost certainly greater than Captain America, Winter Soldier or Red Skull. None of whom are exactly lightweights. It's only when Peter gives into his rage after May is murdered and goes all out against Osborn that he gains the upper hand.

Doc Ock is able to eat Spidey's punches because Peter almost always holds back from using his full strength, even when he shouldn't. This actually became a major plot point in the Superior Spider-Man story. Otto is dying from the accumulated damage caused by years of fighting Spidey. He manages to switch his conciousness with Peter's, taking over his body and leaving Peter trapped in Otto's crippled, dying body.

Superior Spider-Man's first fight is against The Scorpion. Otto hits Gargen with his full power and tears Gargen's jaw clean off with a single punch. A shocked Otto realises that the only reason he lasted so many years fighting Spidey is that Peter was always pulling his punches. He could have killed Doctor Octopus any time he wanted to.
That was such a great storyline !

Spiderman in Infinity War and Endgame

Back