SSF Black Thai Glove Review *pics*

Adino

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I thought about just adding this to the red glove review that I did for Ron several months ago but I decided to make it it

The Red and the Black Thai gloves knuckles up:
SSFRedandBlackOutside.jpg

Palm-side up:
SSFRedandBlackInside.jpg

Great. Sounds like a great deal. Thanks Adino.

good review, thanks!

Ron, any word on when the red ones are gonna be available? I'm itching to place an order :D

They will be here this week along with more black ones and boxing gloves, MMA gloves and Shooto gloves.

www.SSFgear.com

I've been using these gloves for a week now and I like them a lot. The construction is solid, they can take abuse. My only complaint is the fit of the thumb. I find that the base of my thumb starts hurting after 3-4 rounds of working the bag. I've had to take small breaks and take off the glove, because it felt like blood circulation in the thumb was being cut off. I even don't wrap the thumb anymore when I put on the handwraps, because the fit is too tight.

I don't know, maybe it's just the matter of wearing them in, but if you've got big hands, that's something I'd watch out for. Overall I like them though.

Pic for reference:
untitled1lp1.jpg

I had the same problem NoiSe, after some time they break in and feel better but I know exactly what your talking about.

NoiSe said:
*phew* good to know, thanks Adino

np, with the Thai gloves it also takes time for you to relax your thumb more. Most of us are used to tucking our thumb to make a fist but you cant do that in Thai gloves, it's part of there design so you can clinch better. It just takes time for the gloves to break in and for you hand to get used to making a fist without using your thumb so much.

Adino said:
np, with the Thai gloves it also takes time for you to relax your thumb more. Most of us are used to tucking our thumb to make a fist but you cant do that in Thai gloves, it's part of there design so you can clinch better. It just takes time for the gloves to break in and for you hand to get used to making a fist without using your thumb so much.

Sorry, I forgot about the review being up here. Adino is right, I had the same problem at first but now I like the thai gloves better then the boxing gloves. Give me a call if you want to exchange or get a refund.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
Give me a call if you want to exchange or get a refund.
no no, I like them! I ain't giving them back.. lol. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case someone else has the same problem. Thanks though

Back