SSF gi pants review

scorcho

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

As most of you already know, Ron at SSFgear.com has been getting his gi ready for quite some time now. Well, my gi Kwon gi pants are falling appart, and I did not want to wear my dirty, patched up pants at my black belt test in Judo this Saturday. I got in touch with Ron about buying a pair of pants, and instead he just sent me a free promotional pair of his own brand's pants. Here they are:

p50200019bs.th.jpg

After wearing these pants to class on Friday and Monday, and at my test on Saturday, I have to say that I am really impressed. The material on these pants is very nice and soft, and looks like it will last for a while, even though the pants are just singles. The drawstring is really solid and ensures that these pants will stay on, even when tied low on the hips.

What is most impressive to me is the cut. These pants have a nice, tight cut, that is much more comfortable and "stylish" than the baggy pantaloon-type pants that come with most gis. Even though they are tighter, they do not restrain mobility. I was doing guard work, and throwing uchi mata and tomoe nage without any difficulty. If the top (which I have not seen) is anywhere near as good as the pants, Ron should have one of the best gis available on the market at a great price.

Look for this gi sometime soon, as Ron mentioned that he has a few full uniforms (top and bottom) on a ship to the US right now. After seeing the pants, I am totally sold on this gi and will be getting one asap.

sweet! Man I am going to have to find a way to get one of his Gi's.

nice, anyone know how much a full gi is going to cost? im looking for a gi for my brothers bday in a month, right now all he has is a tkd uniform...:icon_sad:

wish i would get free stuff. But yeah im waiting and deciding if i should get the ssf shorts when they come out

Nightmare86 said:
nice, anyone know how much a full gi is going to cost? im looking for a gi for my brothers bday in a month, right now all he has is a tkd uniform...:icon_sad:

The single weave will be around $65. The gold and hybird will be a little higher.

I'm glad you like the pants. I'm really happy with the cut of the pants and top (just wasn't 100% on the gold weave or hybird).

www.SSFgear.com

what is the price of the pants by themselves?

How are the jackets Ron?

I heard that he is using a modified Koral cut, but I may be wrong. Honestly guys, these are the best cut gi pants I have ever worn.

The top is a modified Koral cut with a HCK collar and Mizuno gold weave. So far everyone that has tested the gi loves it. It's taken over a year of testing to get this gi right and I'm pretty happy with it now.

www.SSFgear.com

any approximation on the release date?

sweet mercy I want to get one of your Gi's Ron.

There is some serious hype going on. I can't wait.

SSF said:
The top is a modified Koral cut with a HCK collar and Mizuno gold weave. So far everyone that has tested the gi loves it. It's taken over a year of testing to get this gi right and I'm pretty happy with it now.

www.SSFgear.com
Sounds like a great combo.

Scorcho are those Martha Stewart bed sheets, your photo makes it look exactly like my bed and position as well ;P

No. It is just my bed in my tiny single at college.

Back