St Carnal's Pub - **S&C Prediction Thread in the Wasteland Stickies**

That's a super-cute puppy krellik

What do people consider better general assistance for bench press; strict or push press? I'm going to be dong lots of bench over the winter and will be doing a bit of overhead work for the deathlift/press comp.

I'm thinking push press is good because I can move more weight (closer to what I bench) and it overloads the triceps but it also takes the shoulders out of the movement somewhat. Strict press uses less weight but works the shoulders more. Thoughts? My bench is one giant weak spot so I'm not at a point where I need to target specific muscles.

I'd do stict if you stick off the chest and push if you stick at lockout.

Can you maybe find a place for both? Push press for maximal weight, strict press for reps?

And the dog is really cute...

Strict press imo. Push press is all momentum and speed.

Have you considered benching more often?

I'd go with strict pressing. Neither movement is going to directly carryover, because they're too different. So either would just be to develop the pressing muscles more completely than they would be than if you just put that time and effort towards more benching. Which suggests that strict pressing for moderate or high reps would be the better choice.

I posted a squat form check video in the beginners noob question thread. I already got a response but I would like to hear a few more opinions why I suck so bad at squating and how to fix it. Any help is appreciated.

anything going on in this place?

The best way to have a bigger bench is to bench more often.

well i am pretty terrible at bench so that is helpful

Felt completely bagged and went to bed at 2030. Woke up 75 minutes later feeling power-nap fresh. My schedule is messed right now. I would punch a nun in the face for a 12 hour sleep.

I had 10 solid hours last night which i think lead to my inability to sleep now, hopefully the booze kicks in. If not i can expect to trip over the ottoman again and further wreck my shins

i have a feeling this opinion might not be the most popular here, but i just saw les mis for the second time, and it's fantastic. if you haven't seen it, i'd strongly recommend it

That's a super-cute puppy krellik

What do people consider better general assistance for bench press; strict or push press? I'm going to be dong lots of bench over the winter and will be doing a bit of overhead work for the deathlift/press comp.

I'm thinking push press is good because I can move more weight (closer to what I bench) and it overloads the triceps but it also takes the shoulders out of the movement somewhat. Strict press uses less weight but works the shoulders more. Thoughts? My bench is one giant weak spot so I'm not at a point where I need to target specific muscles.

Im not even sure if I need to respond to this. By quoting it I more or less provide my answer.

Best lift eva! !!!!!

So they were playing Frankie/Gray One earlier today and I had forgotten how insanely ridiculous that first round was. Such a crazy good fight.

Also, a friend just sent me Kiefer's carb-back loading book. It is... not brief. Which is good, of course. But... I'm lazy.

Anyone here read this sucker already?

So they were playing Frankie/Gray One earlier today and I had forgotten how insanely ridiculous that first round was. Such a crazy good fight.

Also, a friend just sent me Kiefer's carb-back loading book. It is... not brief. Which is good, of course. But... I'm lazy.

Anyone here read this sucker already?

Yup, I did. Twice. If you feel good with it, you can use the lazy mans's method he provides and only read the main points of every chapter, put it to work if you want to and then read the parts in detail, that interest you.
CBL is absolutely great and works like a charm for everyone I know using it. When I'm back in Germany, I'll run a few months of CN and then start CBL again...

I last lifted on Fri Dec 21 and played hockey on Sun Dec 23. It is now Thursday Dec 27 and I'm going stir-crazy. I need to channel this energy into something useful... time to organize the basement!

Thanks for the comments about bench. I'm thinking I might do one day of heavy bench and a second day alternating between higher rep bench and strict pressing. In January I will probably be able to fit in a third day of pressing so I might do 2x bench and 1x pressing.

Back