St. Carnal's Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, Legio, you sure right about your jimmy-rustling there. Put my 2 cents in, and I don't care that it's only an opinion on my behalf, because na-na-na-na-na-naaaa.

Great thread though. Some good discussion in there...

I keep seeing articles about how you aren't supposed to wash chicken before you cook it. Do people actually do that? It seems bizarre to me.

What's the reasoning behind it? I've thawed chicken in water before.

Yeah what Tosa said. The articles are usually titled something like "the cooking habit that everyone does that is a bad idea... read for more details" except I don't know anyone that washes their chicken.

What is the main forum thread that is for the lulz? I don't really want to have to check out all of them. That place scares me.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/nintendo-announces-2ds

So... Nintendo announces 2DS with which DS and 3DS games can be played but without the 3D visual. It will also have all the same features that a 3DS has well except the 3D thing. You can also play DS games on 3DS and you can switch off the 3D visual.

I just don't understand the reason behind this console.

Swim 750m in 17 minutes (Currently), Run 5k in 17-18 minutes (When I was running regularly). Bike 20k I'm a little less certain over, but maybe 25 minutes.

25 minutes is hauling ass on the bike. All of those splits are really good times by themselves but you have to consider putting them all together consecutively and then allow time for transitions. An hour would be very very impressive.

I don't want it to sound like I'm doubting you. If you say you could probably do it then I believe you.

By themselves I can swim in about 15 minutes and run in about 21-22 minutes but it will be slower than that on race day since I will be pacing myself a little more. The cycling will probably take me about 50 minutes though. I suck pretty bad on the bike.

So... Nintendo announces 2DS with which DS and 3DS games can be played but without the 3D visual. It will also have all the same features that a 3DS has well except the 3D thing. You can also play DS games on 3DS and you can switch off the 3D visual.

I think the idea is that it is cheaper so it can be marketed toward a younger audience. I still don't see it doing very well.

I think the idea is that it is cheaper so it can be marketed toward a younger audience. I still don't see it doing very well.

The link called it "entry-level handheld" so that would suggest it to be for younger audience. But I think that at this point it's probably a bit too late.

25 minutes is hauling ass on the bike. All of those splits are really good times by themselves but you have to consider putting them all together consecutively and then allow time for transitions. An hour would be very very impressive.

I don't want it to sound like I'm doubting you. If you say you could probably do it then I believe you.

By themselves I can swim in about 15 minutes and run in about 21-22 minutes but it will be slower than that on race day since I will be pacing myself a little more. The cycling will probably take me about 50 minutes though. I suck pretty bad on the bike.

I know very little about triathlons, so it was pure speculation about whether it'd be possible for me to do a sprint in under an hour, assuming I dedicated a reasonable period of time to preparing for it. I certainly don't think I could go out and do one in under an hour at present.

My prediction skills are terrible lately but I see Condit as a lock.

Has anyone ever gone to a whiskey tasting event? There's a big one coming to Toronto called Whiskey Live that I've been told is a great event. It's $80 though.

Yes. I am a member of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society of Australia and go to 3 or 4 of these things a year.

I would highly recommend going, and if its anything like the ones the society here does you will be able to pick up a really nice bottle of whisky that you couldn't find anywhere else, for a decent price.

Also, in my experience, and since these things are usually aimed at selling you bottles, the ticket price is usually less than what you would pay if you went to a bar and ordered the same whiskies i.e. you pay $80, but you will get 6 drams that would go for an average of $20 at the bar plus a bit of food.

Also, in my experience, and since these things are usually aimed at selling you bottles, the ticket price is usually less than what you would pay if you went to a bar and ordered the same whiskies i.e. you pay $80, but you will get 6 drams that would go for an average of $20 at the bar plus a bit of food.

Yup.

Not a whisk(e)y guy but I am pretty big into the craft beer scene, and usually attend two or three big tastings a year. I always make out money wise for what the ticket cost.

Excellent performance by Condit. Great fight.

I'd like to point out that he came out to RATM's "Know your enemy".

After he stuffed that aggressive takedown at the beginning of the fourth Martin was looking pretty defeated.
Herb Dean saw it. That was one of the earliest "fight back!"'s that I've ever heard in the UFC.

I gather it is only $35 cheaper than the regular 3DS. That doesn't seem like much of a difference.

Still, the 3DS is doing pretty well, apparently. The Wii-U is where they seem to have really fucked up. Total sales so far are something like half what they were doing per month when the Wii was doing well. Seems like most of the big 3rd party developers are staying away. The space for full consoles is going to be just Sony and Xbox very soon, if it isn't already.

So there's a guy at my work who claims he never sleeps. Or at least, only sleeps on Saturdays. Now, previously, a couple of us have nick named him "Tall Story" because we think most of what he says is full of shit, as his 'proof' that he hasn't slept will indicate:

I asked him just now "when is the last time you slept?" and his response was "Sunday". Its now Thursday arvo. He then spews out this diatribe about how his weight fluctuates 1.5kg throughout the night. I explained to him that my weight often fluctuates more than that just by taking a shit so he responds by arguing that despite him being awake all night eating non stop, he still loses weight overnight because "your body just burns by being awake its crazy!"

He's a 65kg skinny asian dude and complains how he can't gain weight so I told him to squat more drink more milk.

his weight fluctuates 1.5kg throughout the night. I explained to him that my weight often fluctuates more than that just by taking a shit.

Do you shit lead, mang?

I never post in this thread

I gather it is only $35 cheaper than the regular 3DS. That doesn't seem like much of a difference.

Still, the 3DS is doing pretty well, apparently. The Wii-U is where they seem to have really fucked up. Total sales so far are something like half what they were doing per month when the Wii was doing well. Seems like most of the big 3rd party developers are staying away. The space for full consoles is going to be just Sony and Xbox very soon, if it isn't already.

I think there's still good potential in 3DS. Personally I can't wait for pokemon X&Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back