St. Carnal's Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's why I didn't play hockey until I was 13 and big enough to use most of my Dad's old hockey equipment. I've since replaced everything but the first couple years my gear was pretty ghetto.

Shit used to be a lot cheaper. I could pay for my own gear based off of what I earned shoveling snow, mowing lawns (when I got old enough) and whatever else. Scary how much just a pair of skates costs now.

It's expensive as hell, but hockey is king. I started at 3 and will play until I die.

Shit used to be a lot cheaper. I could pay for my own gear based off of what I earned shoveling snow, mowing lawns (when I got old enough) and whatever else. Scary how much just a pair of skates costs now.

Yeah tell me about it. Even the difference between when I started playing (early 90s) and now is a huge. The last thing my parents bought me was a new pair of skates when I was 18. They cost maybe $150 and I'm still using them. On the flip side there are guys on my team that have spent over $200 on "fancy" skates and have had all sorts of problems with them. One guy had his blade fall out in the middle of a game, lol.

It totally blows my mind to see what people spend on equipment. Guys on my team buy $200 sticks, $300 skates, $100+ gloves etc. and in the grand scheme of things we all suck. If we really wanted to improve our game we would buy a cheaper stick and put the extra money towards extra ice time for practicing.

It's expensive as hell, but hockey is king. I started at 3 and will play until I die.

Same here. I'm hoping that when I get older I can find a good seniors league to play in.

Been having to do more actual work at work lately so less pub action.

Been training for a triathlon so less logging. Ran 5 miles yesterday, biked 13 the day before, doesn't make for an exciting read. I did do a mud run on Saturday that was pretty cool. I'd sign up for another one in the future for sure.

I don't uh.... see how this grows the gunz??

j/k My fat ass isn't doin' any triathlons. Good on you man.

I have lots of respect for people that do marathons, triathlons etc but I have absolutely no desire to do them myself. Maybe I'd try to a sprint triathlon since it's not too long.

I have lots of respect for people that do marathons, triathlons etc but I have absolutely no desire to do them myself. Maybe I'd try to a sprint triathlon since it's not too long.

The difference between the different lengths of triathlon is pretty crazy: 750m swim/20k bike and 5k run for 'sprint'; 1.5km swim, 40k bike, 10k run for standard/Olympic; 1.9km swim; 90k bike; 21k run half iron-man; and I'm not even going to type out what a full iron man is because it would probably make me feel sick.

A sprint triathlon looks doable, especially if you are regularly running 10-15k, or doing some other sort of aerobic stuff for comfortably over an hour without any difficulties. I think in my case I would just have to learn how to swim properly and then train for a few months- to complete one without destroying myself that is, not to record a decent time. I would completely understand someone who cares about a wide range of athletic properties wanting to do one to test themselves and maybe add some variety in their training. But as soon as you go beyond that, it starts to look increasingly specialized, for people who want to be dedicated endurance athletes.

I don't uh.... see how this grows the gunz??

j/k My fat ass isn't doin' any triathlons. Good on you man.

The gunz are in jeopardy and my once beautiful rump is quickly disappearing. Maybe I'll get some abs out of it or something. The tri is in two weeks and the half marathon is in mid October. I will start lifting hard again after they are over.

Depends on what you consider not too long. I figure it is still going to take me about an hour and 45 minutes or so, which seems pretty damn long to me. I know what you're saying though.

A sprint triathlon looks doable, especially if you are regularly running 10-15k... cares about a wide range of athletic properties wanting to do one to test themselves and maybe add some variety in their training

Yeah that's pretty much it. It looked doable with a bit of training and it was something different.

If by far my largest priority was aerobic conditioning, and I wanted a challenge, a sprint triathlon would sound nice. I wonder if I could do one in under an hour?

Last edited:
I agree with Legio, triathlon training may interfere with the amount of time you can devote to developing larger biceps. But, I suppose it'll help you lean out a bit, which isn't so bad. Cuts for the sluts, am I right?

Guys?

Nobody?

...I'll let myself out.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Typical greek male over here: thinks he is a perfect combination of Zyzz and Socrates.

133229871687.gif

Ran 5 miles yesterday, biked 13 the day before, doesn't make for an exciting read. I did do a mud run on Saturday that was pretty cool. I'd sign up for another one in the future for sure.

Since everyone though it but no one wanted to ask it: you gay now, bro?

I agree with Legio, triathlon training may interfere with the amount of time you can devote to developing larger biceps. But, I suppose it'll help you lean out a bit, which isn't so bad. Cuts for the sluts, am I right?

Guys?

Nobody?

...I'll let myself out.

What is it they say about skinny guys with six packs?

They're like fat chicks with big tits!!

And so is the sixpackless life.

You know, I've just realised since focusing on physio and gaining weight, I've neglected my core work somewhat.

So, at the moment I'm still skinny (although less than I was), and have no real abs.

Brb, rollouts

The problem with that quote, all else being equal, is that, while most guys aren't attracted to fat girls with boobs, most girls are attracted to skinny guys with abs.

Might have something to do with this twat.

justin-bieber-2013-justin-bieber-34396346-1131-1600.jpg

Although, one could argue, he has abs like a smack rat.

You could look at it as supply and demand. As the amount of body fat the average person carries continues to climb, being lean, even if there's no significant amount of muscle or athleticism accompanying it, becomes more valuable, Ie. attractive. Whereas, large breasts on a fat woman become even less valuable/attractive than they were, because there's more fat women than ever before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back