Standing Guillotine switches

MotivatedPenn

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I've been messing with jeff glover's standing guillotine entry. As with all things, some of my training partners have started to catch on. They stop me from getting the second arm connected, but I can still get one arm under their neck and my weight pressed on them. I'm sure there's something I can switch to from there, but I don't know what it is. Would anyone mind shooting me some ideas?

Thanks.

A single leg/sweeping single, ankle pick.. work a snap down, get an underhook and turn him over.. I don't know a lot of submission possibilities from that position though.

I like to snap them down and pivot into a darce entry once they're turtled up.

You could check out that one-handed headlock sweep Jon Jones recently did in NAGA:

Although personally when I already have one hand under the neck I just try and fight to get the other hand connected as well one way or another, either as a regular or arm-in guillotine. As long as you're forcing them to defend they can't really use their hands for anything else, which pins them under the front headlock and gives you the initiative, so it's a pretty good position to be in.

Gator roll with a sprawl. If it's bjj go to anaconda choke if it's wrestling mid roll run towards him for the pin if it's mma you can do either or take mount or his back

I've actually been thinking along those lines as well. Do you know of any videos on this?

Not of the whole sequence, but there a plenty of videos on each piece.

I usually finish the darce as a baseball slide when attacking the turtle, or I switch to a Japanese Necktie if I can't get a good bite with my grip.

One detail on the setup- I'll post on their head with my left hand as I spin to the right and dig my choking arm in. That post keeps them in place, and leaves my outside hand to link up with the choking hand. I like the the three-finger Gable grip- outside thumb between pointer and middle finger of the choking hand.

I've actually been thinking along those lines as well. Do you know of any videos on this?

giphy.gif

Not of the whole sequence, but there a plenty of videos on each piece.

I usually finish the darce as a baseball slide when attacking the turtle, or I switch to a Japanese Necktie if I can't get a good bite with my grip.

One detail on the setup- I'll post on their head with my left hand as I spin to the right and dig my choking arm in. That post keeps them in place, and leaves my outside hand to link up with the choking hand. I like the the three-finger Gable grip- outside thumb between pointer and middle finger of the choking hand.

I prefer the baseball slide finish as well. I like being able to get the catch right away instead of having to break them down onto their side. I do both, but if I'm trying to break someone down with the vice grip and their base is really strong then I go ahead and slide. Then I just catch a leg and finish or step over to finish from the mount. I'm not too good at making the Japanese necktie a choke. I wish I was better at that.

Back