Star Trek: Discovery V4.0 (Premieres Sept. 24, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premiere episode title and description. Episode 1 and 2 will be available on all access on the 24th. Only episode 1 will be shown on CBS network.

EPISODE 1.01: “The Vulcan Hello”
While the crew members aboard the USS Shenzhou patrol through the far reaches of Federation space, they encounter a certain object of indeterminate origins, which presents a considerable challenge for the ship’s first officer.

“The Vulcan Hello,”
directed by David Semel and written by Bryan Fuller, Alex Kurtzman, and Akiva Goldsman, will premiere on CBS television on Sunday, September 24 at 8:30PM ET, followed by the immediate release of the name-yet-unknown second episode of Star Trek: Discovery on CBS All Access that evening – with subsequent releases each Sunday.

In Canada, the two hours will air together on Space Channel at 8:30PM ET, with subsequent releases each Sunday as well.

Internationally, Discovery premieres on Netflix starting September 25 and each episode past the premiere weekend will be available within a day of the US release.

• How and where to view, Star Trek: Discovery

USA: Discovery premieres Sunday, Sept. 24 on CBS All Access

In the United States Star Trek: Discovery is an exclusive original show for the CBS All Access streaming service and premieres Sunday, September 24th.

• The first episode (Part 1 of the two-hour premiere) will be available on CBS All Access at 8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT.
  • The second episode (Part 2) will be available exclusively on CBS All Access at 9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT.
Subsequent episodes will be available at 8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT starting Sunday, October 1st.

This streaming service from CBS costs $5.99 per month to subscribe ($9.99 without commercials). CBS All Access includes access to more than 9,000 episodes on demand – spanning current primetime, daytime and late night CBS series, as well as past seasons of select series and classic TV shows, including every episode of every Star Trek TV series.

You can watch CBS All Access on your computer, mobile devices, gaming devices and streaming devices. For more see TrekMovie’s buyer’s guide to CBS All Access devices. To subscribe CLICK HERE(with free trial).

CBS broadcast of Part 1 of premiere: In order to promote Star Trek: Discovery the first episode of the show (Part 1 of the 2-hour premiere) will be broadcast on the CBS Television Network on the same night as it is released on CBS All Access. To watch, tune in Sunday, September 24 at 8:30-9:30 PM, ET/PT (time approximate following NFL Football and 60 Minutes). To see part 2 of the pilot or any other episodes, you will have to subscribe to CBS All Access.

Canada: Discovery premieres Sunday, Sept. 24 on Space
The two-part pilot of Star Trek: Discovery premieres on the Space Channel on Sunday, September 24 at 8:30 PM ET. Subsequent episodes will air on Space on Sunday nights at 8:30PM ET starting October 1st.

Every episode will also be available to Space subscribers on the newly launched Space GO app, in addition to being available on Space.ca and participating On Demand channels. Star Trek: Discovery will also stream exclusively in Canada on the CraveTV streaming service starting Monday, September 25 at 10 p.m. ET.

CTV broadcast showing of Part 1 of premiere: To promote interest in Discovery, Part 1 of the premiere of Star Trek: Discovery will be broadcast on CTV at 8:30PM ET. To see the part 2 and all subsequent episodes you must subscribe to a cable or satellite package with Space Channel or the CraveTV streaming service.

Discovery will also be shown the Bell Media owned Z channel in French, starting on Sunday, September 24 at 9:00PM. With new episodes airing weekly Sundays at 9:00PM.

Outside of USA & Canada: Discovery premieres Monday, Sept. 25 on Netflix
If you live outside of the USA and Canada watching Star Trek: Discovery is really straightforward. Netflix will launch Star Trek: Discovery on Monday, September 25, starting with the first 2 episodes (the same two hour premiere that was shown in the US and Canada on Sunday). Subsequent episodes will be released weekly on Mondays. According to Netflix, each episode will be available on Netflix within 24 hours of being being released in the US.

Star Trek: Discovery
Star Trek: Discovery will follow the voyages of Starfleet on their missions to discover new worlds and new life forms, and one Starfleet officer who must learn that to truly understand all things alien, you must first understand yourself. The series will feature a new ship and new characters while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation of dreamers and doers.

The show stars Sonequa Martin-Green (First Officer Michael Burnham), Jason Isaacs (Capt. Gabriel Lorca), Michelle Yeoh (Capt. Phillipa Georgiou), Doug Jones (Lt. Saru), Anthony Rapp (Lt. Paul Stamets), Shazad Latif (Lt. Ash Tyler), Wilson Cruz (Dr. Hugh Culbert), James Frain (Sarek) and Mary Wiseman (Ensign Sylvia Tilly).

• How and where to view, Star Trek: Discovery
USA: Discovery premieres Sunday, Sept. 24 on CBS All Access
In the United States Star Trek: Discovery is an exclusive original show for the CBS All Access streaming service and premieres Sunday, September 24th.

• The first episode (Part 1 of the two-hour premiere) will be available on CBS All Access at 8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT.
  • The second episode (Part 2) will be available exclusively on CBS All Access at 9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT.
Subsequent episodes will be available at 8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT starting Sunday, October 1st.

This streaming service from CBS costs $5.99 per month to subscribe ($9.99 without commercials). CBS All Access includes access to more than 9,000 episodes on demand – spanning current primetime, daytime and late night CBS series, as well as past seasons of select series and classic TV shows, including every episode of every Star Trek TV series.

You can watch CBS All Access on your computer, mobile devices, gaming devices and streaming devices. For more see TrekMovie’s buyer’s guide to CBS All Access devices. To subscribe CLICK HERE(with free trial).

CBS broadcast of Part 1 of premiere: In order to promote Star Trek: Discovery the first episode of the show (Part 1 of the 2-hour premiere) will be broadcast on the CBS Television Network on the same night as it is released on CBS All Access. To watch, tune in Sunday, September 24 at 8:30-9:30 PM, ET/PT (time approximate following NFL Football and 60 Minutes). To see part 2 of the pilot or any other episodes, you will have to subscribe to CBS All Access.

Canada: Discovery premieres Sunday, Sept. 24 on Space
The two-part pilot of Star Trek: Discovery premieres on the Space Channel on Sunday, September 24 at 8:30 PM ET. Subsequent episodes will air on Space on Sunday nights at 8:30PM ET starting October 1st.

Every episode will also be available to Space subscribers on the newly launched Space GO app, in addition to being available on Space.ca and participating On Demand channels. Star Trek: Discovery will also stream exclusively in Canada on the CraveTV streaming service starting Monday, September 25 at 10 p.m. ET.

CTV broadcast showing of Part 1 of premiere: To promote interest in Discovery, Part 1 of the premiere of Star Trek: Discovery will be broadcast on CTV at 8:30PM ET. To see the part 2 and all subsequent episodes you must subscribe to a cable or satellite package with Space Channel or the CraveTV streaming service.

Discovery will also be shown the Bell Media owned Z channel in French, starting on Sunday, September 24 at 9:00PM. With new episodes airing weekly Sundays at 9:00PM.

Outside of USA & Canada: Discovery premieres Monday, Sept. 25 on Netflix
If you live outside of the USA and Canada watching Star Trek: Discovery is really straightforward. Netflix will launch Star Trek: Discovery on Monday, September 25, starting with the first 2 episodes (the same two hour premiere that was shown in the US and Canada on Sunday). Subsequent episodes will be released weekly on Mondays. According to Netflix, each episode will be available on Netflix within 24 hours of being being released in the US.

Star Trek: Discovery
Star Trek: Discovery will follow the voyages of Starfleet on their missions to discover new worlds and new life forms, and one Starfleet officer who must learn that to truly understand all things alien, you must first understand yourself. The series will feature a new ship and new characters while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation of dreamers and doers.

The show stars Sonequa Martin-Green (First Officer Michael Burnham), Jason Isaacs (Capt. Gabriel Lorca), Michelle Yeoh (Capt. Phillipa Georgiou), Doug Jones (Lt. Saru), Anthony Rapp (Lt. Paul Stamets), Shazad Latif (Lt. Ash Tyler), Wilson Cruz (Dr. Hugh Culbert), James Frain (Sarek) and Mary Wiseman (Ensign Sylvia Tilly).

I have to have Space to watch it here? I haven't subscribed to Space in like four years. That's not happening.

star trek is cheesy as hell. never liked it. first episode on Netflix i watched they encountered an alien that spoke old english and dressed like he was from the middle ages. i immediately stopped watching. i liked Dune better.

I'm definitely not subscribing to CBS all access. I already pay dish network to carry CBS. So why in the fuck would I pay CBS directly for access to their shows? It's fucking insane. I'll just steal that shit.

star trek is cheesy as hell. never liked it. first episode on Netflix i watched they encountered an alien that spoke old english and dressed like he was from the middle ages. i immediately stopped watching. i liked Dune better.
Dune and ST are two very different beasts. And was the episode you saw from the original series? Because if it was you're complaining about a 50 year old TV series filmed on an itsy-bitsy 1960's TV budget. They had very little to work with and often raided costumes, props, and sets from previous productions (hence the "medieval world," "roman world," "small town america" type episodes)

Last edited:
You should try the Battlestar Gallactica reboot (currently on Hulu) if you have never watched it. Really good stuff.

battlestar-galactica-003.jpg

This episode?

00Liberace_Trelane.jpg

Another option for people is to subscribe to European Netflix and use a VPN to change your location

Episode 1: The Vulcan Hello
Episode 2: Battle at the Binary Stars
Episode 3: Context Is for Kings
Episode 4: The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry

Star Trek Discovery had it's premiere tonight, no reviews until Sunday, but early reports are "Promising"
martin-green.jpg

isaacs.jpg

DKINrGwVoAAEj8n.jpg

DKJN9UhXoAACDJW.jpg

DKJMStRXcAAa5x_.jpg

DKJR-ivWsAA32Qb.jpg

Some quicktweets from trekcore

Quick non-spoilery thoughts on the #StarTrekDiscovery premiere.
Saru is great. Lot more too him than just 'sensing death' seen in promos.
Burnham is truly the center of this series - and @SonequaMG has what it takes.
VFX work is really stunning. Everything in the trailers definitely in-progress versions of the effects.
Any worries about stilted dialogue in teasers can be forgotten; definitely affected by editing for ads.
If you liked the theme song, just wait until you see it paired with the opening credits sequence.

I just don't think I can do it. Not yet, anyway. I'll watch an episode sooner or later, but I just can't stomach something claiming to be Star Trek that doesn't look like Star Trek. I don't care if it's "good"; that shit is visually incorrect.

I just don't think I can do it. Not yet, anyway. I'll watch an episode sooner or later, but I just can't stomach something claiming to be Star Trek that doesn't look like Star Trek. I don't care if it's "good"; that shit is visually incorrect.

Not sure about that. Looks much more like Trek than JJTrek imo. Also, TNG looked 'not like Trek' in 1986, too...

I think everyone who considers himself a Star Trek fan should watch the pilot. What are you afraid of? If you think it must be a disgrace or STINO, well, what do you have to lose? And I don't buy the All Access point. There always is a way to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back