STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Official Thread v.7 (Crosses $1 Billion Worldwide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want some random Storm Trooper happen to be related to the only major black character from the series. I hated that Anakin built the droids, and Chewbacca was shoe horned into the prequels.

It's a vast Universe. Finn is his own character with his own backstory.

I can understand that opinion. I too hated how Anakin supposedly created C3PO and flew with R2, etc. It all just felt so contrived.

This is interesting. I wonder if there really is any hidden meaning behind it?

J.J. Abrams never said this, but it was understood that The Force Awakens needed to save Star Wars from the Prequels. So what is the opening line of dialogue in The Force Awakens?

"This will begin to make things right."

I take back my claim it was a reboot, then: I thought I could use the term "reboot" to describe the studio's attempts to bring back the franchise and focus it around a new generation of actors, but I guess I was wrong and it only applies to what is actually done with the characters.

Yeah, it was definitely a resuscitation by way of sequel. As I said before.

This is a good merchandising movie for kids with the bonus of the setting being near and dear to their parents hearts and wallets.

I defy a die hard fan that saw the OT to tell me they didn't have their parents buy them SW merch. My grade school economy revolved around the trade of Star Wars and G.I. Joe figures.

Last edited:
Disney should try everything in their power to get George Miller to direct a film in this franchise.

Snoke in episode 8: "Kylo, you must face your mother Leia Organa... AND your real father, Lando Calrissian. That Han -guy was just a part of your training."

So my 18 year old daughter bought me this for Xmas.
6101047621781-1

Now, she bought this weeks ago and I only took her to watch the movie last Wednesday night and after I opened the present she apologized profusely saying that had she known Phasma was such a pussy, she would have bought me a red armed C-3PO instead. Hopefully Phasma redeems herself in the next movie a bit.

You guys that dig the Star Wars merchandise and maybe collect sports cards, Topps has a High Tek product line that's pretty rad and has all sorts of autographs and limited cards.

Have some myself and just thought I'd pass it along. Boba Fett and Ackbar autos among others, and a Takei auto on the way.

Topps is releasing all sorts of other card products as well. Heard their Masterworks line is top notch.

Last edited:
Disney should try everything in their power to get George Miller to direct a film in this franchise.
It's a nice thought but not realistic at all. He's just too old and doesnt want to do a big budget movie. Mad Max Fury Road wore him out and he turned down the offer for the Superman sequel. I am confident Rian Johnson in the next one. Colin Trevorrow is the x factor though. Don't know much of his work and I never saw Jurassic World.

So my 18 year old daughter bought me this for Xmas.
6101047621781-1

Now, she bought this weeks ago and I only took her to watch the movie last Wednesday night and after I opened the present she apologized profusely saying that had she known Phasma was such a pussy, she would have bought me a red armed C-3PO instead. Hopefully Phasma redeems herself in the next movie a bit.
Still cool. I want one of those Sphero BB-8's, I'll chase the gf's cats all over the condo with it

I don't know how Spielberg didn't do this one. Or can you imagine Cameron?

Interesting. I like it but why is snoke so powerful that it will take the combined forces of Jedi and sith to destroy him? Is it because snoke is plagueis and with the whole creating life thing he's pretty much omnipotent.

Good movie but Rey was irritating for me, every scene her movements were hurried and frantic.

Drinking water? Hurriedly bash water bottle above mouth, spilling water all over face. Need a part? Frantically grasp at everything. Doing a scene without moving much? Constantly blink furiously. Moving anywhere? Always run.

Anyone else notice this? Same way Fin is always breathing heavy and sweating in every scene, and never walks anywhere, hes always jogging.

Good movie but Rey was irritating for me, every scene her movements were hurried and frantic.

Drinking water? Hurriedly bash water bottle above mouth, spilling water all over face. Need a part? Frantically grasp at everything. Doing a scene without moving much? Constantly blink furiously. Moving anywhere? Always run.

Anyone else notice this? Same way Fin is always breathing heavy and sweating in every scene, and never walks anywhere, hes always jogging.

Well he is both athletic and explosive, I assume running comes naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back