Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.3 (Dragonlord's Initial Review)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from watching it and its not awful but its pretty bad if youre a star wars fan. 6/10 for me, its on par with the prequels.

Addendum to the review:

Now this is where killing Han Solo in The Force Awakens was a premature mistake. If they kept Han alive, not only would he have given The Last Jedi a much needed boost in charm and personality but he would have surely accompanied Finn and Rose on Canto Bight where Han would have turned that bland mission into an entertaining segment. Also, Han and Luke needed to see each other one last time before Han dies.

I haven’t really watched any of the full-length trailers nor keep up with every news about The Last Jedi. So when Leia got blown off to space early on, I really thought she was dead. So I was pretty happy to see her use the Force to save herself. I’m not sure how the science is accurate but hey, we’re in a universe where you can lift boulders with your mind.

The Return of the Jedi carbon copy was so evident when Rey surrendered herself to Kylo Ren and then presented to Supreme Leader Snoke. Snoke then tortures Rey in front of a conflicted Kylo.

Snoke’s death was a surprise. Thought we would get one more appearance from him in the next film. For all the build-up the character he had in the past 2 years, Snoke’s arc was a letdown.

I think a Kylo Ren turn would have been also interesting. But then, who would have been the big bad after Snoke died, General Hux? LOL.

As fan service goes, this does not deliver. Fans wanted to see Luke wreck havoc on the First Order, similar to how Darth Vader’s ending scene in Rogue One. Instead we got a hologram fight between him and Kylo. It was good, mind you, but not really the most optimal epic moment we were all hoping to see.

Speaking of fan service, after two years of speculation and theories on Rey's parents, The Last Jedi gave a big fuck you to super die hard fans when they reveal casually that Rey's parent are just ordinary people or nobodies who sold Rey when she was young.

Luke and Leia reunited for a brief time was heartwarming. Love Leia's line about her hair.
Dragon, I said this since I first viewed star wars. The han solo character is crucial and needs to have a space pirate that thinks all this shit is ridiculous for the heroes to play off. None of the characters have that cool factor of han...maybe poe in tfa...closest ive seen.

Addendum to the review:

Now this is where killing Han Solo in The Force Awakens was a premature mistake. If they kept Han alive, not only would he have given The Last Jedi a much needed boost in charm and personality but he would have surely accompanied Finn and Rose on Canto Bight where Han would have turned that bland mission into an entertaining segment. Also, Han and Luke needed to see each other one last time before Han dies.

I haven’t really watched any of the full-length trailers nor keep up with every news about The Last Jedi. So when Leia got blown off to space early on, I really thought she was dead. So I was pretty happy to see her use the Force to save herself. I’m not sure how the science is accurate but hey, we’re in a universe where you can lift boulders with your mind.

The Return of the Jedi carbon copy was so evident when Rey surrendered herself to Kylo Ren and then presented to Supreme Leader Snoke. Snoke then tortures Rey in front of a conflicted Kylo.

Snoke’s death was a surprise. Thought we would get one more appearance from him in the next film. For all the build-up the character he had in the past 2 years, Snoke’s arc was a letdown.

I think a Kylo Ren turn would have been also interesting. But then, who would have been the big bad after Snoke died, General Hux? LOL.

As fan service goes, this does not deliver. Fans wanted to see Luke wreck havoc on the First Order, similar to how Darth Vader’s ending scene in Rogue One. Instead we got a hologram fight between him and Kylo. It was good, mind you, but not really the most optimal epic moment we were all hoping to see.

Speaking of fan service, after two years of speculation and theories on Rey's parents, The Last Jedi gave a big fuck you to super die hard fans when they reveal casually that Rey's parent are just ordinary people or nobodies who sold Rey when she was young.

Luke and Leia reunited for a brief time was heartwarming. Love Leia's line about her hair.

Disagree on Snoke plotline.

Agree it would have been nice to have Han a second time but it was needed to demonstrate Kylo has truly turned. Do you watch Game of Thrones? There is a line told to Jon Snow in the show regarding his character growth, "Kill the boy, and let the man be born". That works basically the same way for Kylo. He needed to do something truly evil to show he had turned to the dark side.

Just got back and I'm not sure what to think.

Rest assured every fan theory is 100% not even in the ballpark

So its misunderstood and actually fantastic?
No, its just pretty bad. ROTS was better and I didnt really like that one to be honest but its the best out of the prequels. Should be called, "The Last Social Justice Warrior".

I will say one thing this movie doesn't hold candle to EMPIRE

The beauty of Empire is its simplicity.
-Battle in the snow
-Luke goes to Dagobah
-Millenium falcon on the run
-Then everybody meets up in Cloud city to reach their fate.

That's it.

-Battle in the snow
-Luke goes to Dagobah

That's it.

Yeah everything is surface level

Not much to dissect in that movie..very safe

-Battle in the snow
-Luke goes to Dagobah

That's it.

But with all that it was deep and touched on real human emotions and feelings.

Empire is one of the greatest movies ever made.

Also Kylo Ren is the best character in the new series. Him and Rey. But Kylo takes the cake IMO. He's a great tragic character with lots of young anakin sky Walker in him

I will say there are some amazing scenes in this movie that I'm still processing.

The jump to hyper space scene at the end was visually stunning to be honest. That might have been the best scene in the entire movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back