Locked STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated it. It was cheesy as hell, and half the time I didn’t even know what the hell was going on. I’m honestly surprised people like Star Wars so much considering every other movie is a pile of hot garbage.

I dont know if youre asking anyone or that dipshit ive 'ignored,' but i like that jar jar did that. It shows he was pissed, but he didnt bring luke back. That wouldve been the best reversal he couldve done and frankly, the easiest.

Spoilers bud. I was wondering if that would happen or not.

John Williams kills it yet again. The music is phenomenal

This is his last Star Wars film, iirc.

What a waste of 4 years though lmfao. This trilogy literally added nothing to the story.
They have actually ruined so much more.

They have undone the pivotal moment of the original saga... Darth Vader finally getting revenge and bringing balance to the force thus ending a lifetime of slavery and suffering at the hands of essentially the devil to finally have a moment's peace free from suffering to die in his son's arms.

The prophecy fulfilled. The end.

Now it's not fulfilled, now it's not revenge or justice now it is for nothing

tenor.gif

This movie should’ve been 2 parts (9-10) like the last film in the Harry Potter franchise.

There was just way too much stuffed into this movie. Like I said earlier and a few other posters pointed out as well, we needed more screen time to have these things play out. More Palpatine wouldn’t have hurt in the slightest.

Even the start of the movie was breakneck fast, almostlightspeed fast (no pun intended). So much happening with no build up. That’s what ultimately hurt the pacing of the movie.

This is all becasue of the last Jedi. TLJ made this series almost impossible to finish properly. Imo, JJ gave us the best ending we could’ve gotten given the circumstances. Two movies in one is rise of Skywalker. Many many things had to be explained from the last Jedi because it was such a hot mess.
What a let-down. I mean obviously there was no other way this could have went, but also obviously in hindsight we're going to say Abrams really should have directed all three (or, according to me, NONE AT ALL).

I haven't seen it yet, but if TROS really does nullify TLJ moments -- as opposed to simply ignoring them -- it's a real shame. Nothing is so egregious that it must be taken back (short of Greedo shooting-at-all). Why not create a third installment, which is already big enough to fill up two installments, that neatly enables future viewers to skip over Ep 8 without missing much of a beat? The Abrams Cut.

Disney was smart enough to pivot on ROGUE ONE and SOLO, so they should have given Ep 9 more time rather than be beholden to meeting the Christmas deadline. It's not like 2019 was a terrible year on the books.

Saying something didnt happen is now a spoiler?
Btw, im not in the movie. Shit! Spoiler...

Well sure. No one expects you to be in the movie, doofus. I was curious about Luke though.

But I think I'm just salty that JJ didn't go that scorched-Earth.

After mulling on it
After Episode 9, I don't think there's anyway to cohesively view this sequel trilogy as a continuation of the first 6
Its best just "letting the past die" and watching it
and in that way 7 and 9 aren't really movies, they're like amusement park rides

What can i say, that others havent?

Let me start out that, i did NOT pay for this. Once i knew a stream was up, i seeked it out, poured a screwdriver and begun cringing.

-ya start out with palp right. crylo is looking for him at first and i thought i saw some 'clones' but my stream isnt perfect. That said, the hobbit from LOTR spoke something about cloning later on. He gives it away and the explanation is very quick, short, and not thought out.
-the very same hobbit mentioned how holdo hyperspacing thru the fleet in tlj. The response to that suggestion was, wait for it, "that was a 1 in a million shot."
-now when rey and crylo speak thru the force, they can pull objects thru. This is...its a major new power and gives plot holes to all star wars movies before it. Friend said it was seen in the cartoons, but i think Jar Jar just made it up on the spot and it just so happen to be in the cartoons. Other powers im gonna mention go the same way.
-i was getting tipsy around this point, but our team of rey, finn, po, 3po, they all sink into quicksand and here, or somewhere here, rey finds a sith dagger. Which means rey found this dagger, which happens to have a map to where palp is engraved on it, which they say lando and luke looked for in 30 or so years, rey just finds it accidentally.
-while there, they come across a sand worm. Rey sees its injured and heals it. Ahhh, a new power, which she just happens to come up with on the spot.
-3po can translate the dagger but has to have his memory wiped AGAIN. However, when this happened, the little italian bug made me laugh. Honestly, the jokes in this movie were more likable than tlj
-leia is now a "master" and they show a small bit of rey training via leias teachings. Later on, they show a deaged luke and leia sparring/practicing and guess what, leia wins the spar. This is merely an explanation for any of reys strengths and how she comes across a fucking leia saber
-great scene of luke, as a ghost, lifting the xwing wing out of the sea. Its nice, but jar jar just copying shit.
-crylo and rey have a force pull/push of a prisoner ship that allegedly housed chewbacca. Rey ends up force lightning the ship, destroying it. Now jedi can do lightning.
-crylo and rey battle on a star destroyer, crylo finally bests her, but leia force speaks to crylo, which makes crylo stop, giving rey an opportunity to kill him. Leia overdoses on the force like Luke did in tlj and dies. Nice. She ODs, just like carrie fisher did.
-rey feels bad, for...no reason and heals crylo
-han solo returns to crylo and tells him some bullshit that is supposed to negate the fact that crylo killed his father. How does he talk to him is unexplained. Hes now ben solo

Gonna skip to the end

-so, when crylo first finds palp, palp says kill rey and you can have my empire. A fleet of star destroyers that have been hidden under a sea. Somehow manned by soldiers, which came from no where
-when rey confronts palp, he says hes the grandpa and he wants her to kill him, so she can absorb all sith lords in history.
-ben is coming to her aid, but has to fight off the knights of ren. Ben solo no longer has a saber cuz he chucked it into the sea after seeing dad. Dont worry tho, cuz rey teleported her saber to him. He fights the knights, wins and joins.rey
-remember, palp wanted rey to kill him, but when they get together, he changes his mind, sucks some.life force out of the 2 of them, restores his broken off fingers, his eyes glow, and now he has a better wardrobe
-from this, rey and ben pass out, ben wakes up first, palp shoots his ass into a pit
-rey gets up, palp shoots lightning at her, she blocks it with a saber, then a 2nd saber shows up, she then crosses the sabers and reflects the lightning back, killing palp. Then....she just dies.
-ben comes out of the put, heals her, dies, and now, ben and leia, whom has been dead for a few days now, they both fade out. When rey died, she did not fade.
-rey goes to where luke is first introduced on tatooine, an old woman arrives whom may be a cameo, asks rey who she is. Rey lies and says shes skywalker.

I was tipsy at the time but i got the jist of the movie. All leaks confirmed. Movie is shit, but a better looking turd than tlj.

5.5/10

Well sure. No one expects you to be in the movie, doofus. I was curious about Luke though.

But I think I'm just salty that JJ didn't go that scorched-Earth.
I cant get into it unless you want to know a spoiler, but after you see this (hopefully free), youll know what i meant.

The actual title of this movie should have been
Rise of Palpatine

5.5 out of 10
The Rise of Skywalker failed to cohesively tie the sequels into the pre-existing six film Star Wars saga. It doesn't top Revenge of The Sith or Return of The Jedi as a finale. Leaves unanswered questions from both The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, while also introducing some more of it's own.

As usual there are some pretty video game like action sequences, if that's what you want the film delivers in that regard.

..it's sad; I'm so indifferent at this point I don't even really want to write a review. I just don't care anymore. To sum up the entire Sequel Trilogy is to look at the character arc of Finn. How they treated him is equivalent to my disappointment in the new movies, and how Disney has treated the Star Wars franchise collectively.

There's nothing to gain from them. When I have kids of my own, I'll show them 1-6. Yes 1-3 aren't the best, but at least they tie in. 7-9 are just pointless in comparison. Return of The Jedi is The End.

Bring on Dune and Avatar 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back