Stardew Valley

I'm in summer of year one, and I've got blueberries, peppers and some other type of berry. You get like 4-5 harvests a month, and with good fertilizer, you're looking at like 10 gold berries and peppers each time. Fishing with upgraded rods, dressed spinners and bait is where it's at. You can get like 10 grand worth of fish a day.
I'm saving up to buy the 3rd rod. Fishing was frustrating at first, but once I got the hang of it it was actually a pretty satisfying minigame.

Died in the mines last night and lost ~900 stone! I restarted that day, which sucks cause I had made some pretty good progress up until that point.

Yes, it was definitely a labor of love by Ape. The guy was waiting tables during the day and programming for 10 hours in the evenings. It's a beautiful work of art.

I remember reading that a lot of his family with a few exceptions were pretty negative about the endeavor after awhile.

The "fuck you" looks he gets to dish out now to all the non-believers around the holiday dinner table has got to be a sight to see.

I remember reading that a lot of his family with a few exceptions were pretty negative about the endeavor after awhile.

The "fuck you" looks he gets to dish out now to all the non-believers around the holiday dinner table has got to be a sight to see.
I can understand the family, tbh. It was a 5 year project with no guarantee for success. That would be a real test of faith for anyone.

I have it on the switch and play almost everynight before bed. My wife thinks i'm fucking ridiculous for playing a game in wich i run a farm lol

so far i'm loving it. only halfway into summer year 1.

yes exactly lol

ok 1 more day
ok 1 more day
ok 1 more day
etc

I'm impressed at how deep the game is. Tons of things to unlock, the community house farming challenges seem to unlock new areas.

I'm just starting to get a grasp of how to bank money. I spent the entire spring just hoarding my materials and my cash instead of buying seeds to generate extra items that will sell for more.

Saving up for a kitchen now to cook my food and sell for more.

Last edited:
I adore it. I put in a few hours each week.

In Spring 2 at the moment. I started some crops, but I think I'm going to just start saving money for the next week when Stawberry's become available. I have to make sure I save some seeds for next year.
The mines are getting tougher to survive (level 85 or so). I'll probably be doing some fishing for a while. I saw a tip online to build a chest by Willy's shack to store extra fish that doesn't fit in your backpack. You can sell directly to him in his shop and get paid quickly rather than waiting overnight. Also, you can store fish until you hit the perk that lets you sell fish for 50% extra.

I have this on my ps4 but hardly ever play it wish I waited and bought for the switch one of the few games I'd rather play on the switch over ps4

Great game. Took a lengthy break after I burnt out on it and loved it again when I resumed.

It's staggering that one guy created this game. It looks stunning. The music is wonderful. And the gameplay is like crack.

I put in 100 odd hours on PC in 2016 and also picked up on ps4 late last year and have played the shit out of it.

I find you can burn out on it but it's actually really nice to come back to after a while.

I have this on my ps4 but hardly ever play it wish I waited and bought for the switch one of the few games I'd rather play on the switch over ps4
How so?

Low stress game with not a lot going on. Can kick back and play it casually, seems like the switch was built for games like that. I find anything that needs my full focus and split second decison I can't play on a handheld. Switch controller feels really funny, and it doesn't feel much better when I'm playing it not docked.

Much prefer the ps4 controller, and I also can't justify going out spending damn near a hundred dollars on their "classic controller" that imo should've been included with the system.

In the middle of summer 2 and I have about +100 coffee plants and 80 blueberry bushes. Brewing coffee alone is making me about 7K per day. This all started from a single bean I purchase in winter and planted at the beginning of spring!

I am looking forward to fall when the plants die and I can start a new crop. I'm making a lot of money, but its a grind that can keep you from doing other fun things, like fishing. I have 2 weeks left in the month, so I'm trying to make seeds for next year and gather hardwood for the house upgrade. Winter will be nice. I'll probably have the greenhouse set up and I can just focus on livestock and fishing while plotting out my fields for the spring. I have the final barn upgrade complete, so I can buy sheep and pigs.

About to wrap up Summer 2. Unlocked the greenhouse, and I only have a few fall items to finish all the bundles.
My plan for fall is to start growing strawberries and startfruit in the greenhouse during the fall and winter. I'm going to complete the 50K upgrade to the house and get a mill for flour and sugar. I'll also try to get the horse.
I have 4 cows, 1 goat, 1 pig, 4 chickens, 4 ducks, 1 rabbit. I'll try to fill out the coops and barns so I have 4 of everything.
I'm pretty low on ore, so I think I'm going to try to do some low effort crops like pumpkins in the main farm area for the season, then focus on mining. I don't have iridium yet, and it's needed for a lot of crafting items.

i liked the idea of this game, but i've cleared enough rocks and shit from my sister's farm so no thanks on the virtual ones. i did like bopping around the town looking for shit to do. it's definitely a game to play to just chill.

Fun tip: If you go to the Saloon on friday nights from 7-9, most of the towns folk show up. You can buy people rounds of drinks and build up friendship with them pretty easily. Sebastian hates beer, so give him something else.

About to wrap up year 2. Got my greenhouse running and I'm planting ancient fruits, rare seeds, and starfruit in there year round. Got enough iridium sprinklers in there so I can maximize the space. With year 3 coming up, I'm going to have to make some plans to figure out how I want to lay out the farm.

Got it when it was on sale, but haven't done much due to other games. Me and my RPGs...

I can't wait till this has multiplayer. I feel like my wife and I would fight a lot less if we played this soothing game together.

Back