STARFIELD discussion

Yeah, to be honest, I did get through the mental beginning and started to go from planet to planet, and port up in that space market thingy.

I just didn't like the culture of the game, found travelling between worlds (and fueling up to do ap) to be tedious, and wasn't fond of the worlds themselves. Felt lonely, featureless and desolate, and those are the ones with flora and fauna.

It seems to be a game best players through coop.
Eventually you get to a point where you basically have all the fuel and resources you’ll ever need.
But the game is what you make of it. It really is just a giant sandbox. You can build bases, mines, whatever. Shit, you can even make your own music in the game.

Eventually you get to a point where you basically have all the fuel and resources you’ll ever need.
But the game is what you make of it. It really is just a giant sandbox. You can build bases, mines, whatever. Shit, you can even make your own music in the game.

Yeah, maybe I'll give it another go at some point.

I'll throw in an Outer Worlds recommendation as a return. Game was absolute quality.

still not touching this with a 10ft pole. It doesnt look like a good space game at all.

still not touching this with a 10ft pole. It doesnt look like a good space game at all.
Yeah and BG3 completely stole its thunder too. Nobody seems to even be talking about it. They aren’t even showing it off at gamescom , or at the very least it won’t be playable. A lot of red flags, there seems to be a lack confidence in the title with lack of marketing. I could be completely wrong but to me this feels like a game you wait on for a year after it’s been released. Probably going to be extremely buggy

Yeah and BG3 completely stole its thunder too. Nobody seems to even be talking about it. They aren’t even showing it off at gamescom , or at the very least it won’t be playable. A lot of red flags, there seems to be a lack confidence in the title with lack of marketing. I could be completely wrong but to me this feels like a game you wait on for a year after it’s been released. Probably going to be extremely buggy
I agree it's a little weird.

Lots of hype when it was demonstrated not long ago, now it's super quiet. Budget for this must have been massive, not sure why there isn't more buzz around it.

It looks like a good game to me but I'm not as hyped for it as everyone else. Just seems like so many of their other games but in space. Which we kind of got with the Outerworlds anyways. Which I did like.

Unless this game comes out to the same reviews that BG3 is getting I'll be putting it in my backlog for a long time as I want to see what modders end up doing with it.

my beef with this game is that its using the same damn engine as Fo76 and skyrim...

Why in gods green earth would use that shit engine on a space game

This will probably be my GOTY if it's not a complete letdown. I loved Skyrim and Fallout 4 and would gladly play more of those types games in any setting. Fallout 76 was a massive piece of shit but a very different type of game. I'm expecting a very good, albeit typically buggy Bethesda game.

This will probably be my GOTY if it's not a complete letdown. I loved Skyrim and Fallout 4 and would gladly play more of those types games in any setting. Fallout 76 was a massive piece of shit but a very different type of game. I'm expecting a very good, albeit typically buggy Bethesda game.

They better come out with their best effort from a technical standpoint. I believe the days of Bethesda being forgiven for releasing games in a bad state are over. Especially after the FO76 debacle. This should be treated like their make up game, or their rep could go right in the shitter. The stakes are pretty high with this game.

BG3, AC6, lord of the fallen remake.....lol those right there are mammoths.....

Good luck

BG3, AC6, lord of the fallen remake.....lol those right there are mammoths.....

Good luck

Are you seriously suggesting that "Starfield" is not a mammoth in comparison to those games? I mean..."Lords of the Fallen 2"? Really?

Starfield will most likely be what people wish Star Citizen would be. Especially after it's been out for awhile and the modders have had a chance to add a ton of content.

Starfield will most likely be what people wish Star Citizen would be. Especially after it's been out for awhile and the modders have had a chance to add a ton of content.
Even if it's Fallout 4-level Bethesda effort, it will still be a good game with greatness sprinkled in. I expect this to be at least better than Fallout 4 though.

I'm hopeful, but tempering expectations. I really hope that extra year M$ gave them to polish things will help reduce infamous Bethesda bugs.

However, I've no doubt that the mods will make it epic, regardless of anything. People who don't mod, or aren't familiar with it, have no idea how massive the modding community for Bethesda is. Coupled with the same, albeit upgraded, engine, not to mention miles and miles of free real estate for modders to build upon, we're in for wild ride.

Last edited:
Even if it's Fallout 4-level Bethesda effort, it will still be a good game with greatness sprinkled in. I expect this to be at least better than Fallout 4 though.

I'm hopeful, but tempering expectations. I really hope that extra year M$ gave them to polish things will help reduce infamous Bethesda bugs.

However, I've no doubt that the mods will make it epic, regardless of anything. People who don't mod, or aren't familiar with it, have no idea how massive the modding community for Bethesda is. Coupled with the same, albeit upgraded, engine, not to mention miles ad miles of on free real estate for modders to build upon, we're in for wild ride.
Yeah, I agree. I think the modding scene has the potential to be much bigger than any previous Bethesda title, even Skyrim. It's going to bring in the old Bethesda modders and the modders who are obssessed with open space games. Regardless of how it launches, this game is going to be a 10/10 a couple years in, guaranteed.

Very excited for this, it’s been ages since the main Bethesda team put out a game. If i remember correctly, the B team made Fallout 76, but I had a good time with fallout 4.

Back