STARFIELD discussion

This was debunked by a leak, if you walk far enough you get hit by an invisible wall and cannot proceed further.

Which is no different from other Bethesda games, when you hit the edge of the map. I'm assuming each planet is gonna be designed like a typical Bethesda open world map.

This was debunked by a leak, if you walk far enough you get hit by an invisible wall and cannot proceed further. Game will probably be as good as Fallout 4 but I feel for the people expecting this to be what Todd Howard claimed while he was hyping it up
Not exactly.

The entire planet seems to be explorable but split into "tiles", which are each around the size of a fallout 4 map (40 minutes each way from boundary to boundary as suggested by the leaks).. to reach another region of any respective planet you have to to use your ship and reland.

Last edited:
Haven't really been following this but decided to pre-order for shits and giggles. Has been forever since I jumped in on a big AAA release on launch day. I'm not a huge Bethesda fanboy but I spend a lot of time with their games (Although I skipped Fallout 76)

I'm predicting a Metacritic score of 65

User score 2.3 (PC)
not-likely.gif

I'm predicting a Metacritic score of 65

User score 2.3 (PC)

I can definitely see a dogshit user score due to review bombing, but I doubt it gets a metacritic score below 80. While 65 would still be better than the metacritic score for Fallout 76 I don’t think we see Bethesda bringing their C game here.

Maybe after a bunch of dorks try to review bomb it, since that seems to be the thing to do these days

Yea Steam will be the best place to get a good score. Unless the PC version just has a lot more bugs than the console versions.

Already got my 3/10 score ready so as not to be too suspicious…

Realistically I think most every gamer is looking forward to this. I’m just hoping something can come close to capturing my experiences with Skyrim. That’s still my bar for Bethesda titles and I haven’t had those feelings before or since.

Currently frothing at the mouth and regretting my PS5 purchase.

Already got my 3/10 score ready so as not to be too suspicious…

Realistically I think most every gamer is looking forward to this. I’m just hoping something can come close to capturing my experiences with Skyrim. That’s still my bar for Bethesda titles and I haven’t had those feelings before or since.

I'm actually hoping for more Fall out in space than Skyrim. Was never to big a fan of Skyrim honestly. Always enjoyed exploring in their Fallout games though.

I’ll play this in 2026 or so when it’s a much better game. All these super big open world games are always in a much worse state early on. Even the widely celebrated BG3 has issues in Act 3 supposedly and Larian stated they are working on it and it will most likely have dlc with an enhanced version. Only games I buy are ones that are a bit more linear and shorter because I know the experience of playing that game won’t be drastically different a few years down the road

Not really sure what to expect here. I am personally not a fan of the idea of exploring a ton of planets as I’m not convinced today’s technology can make that anything other than a repetitive process.

It will probably be good, but I have some Cyberpunk vibes given the extremely high expectations.

Not really sure what to expect here. I am personally not a fan of the idea of exploring a ton of planets as I’m not convinced today’s technology can make that anything other than a repetitive process.

Bethesda is very good at hiding the grind through meaty quests. They put more effort into side missions than most do with their main campaigns.

Now, I don't think every planet is gonna be some big new open world experience, just as dense and packed with content as the last one. I'm guessing you're gonna have about five or six main hub planets where the meat of the game lies, with the rest mostly being "No Man's Sky" type of planets, where it's mostly designed with scavenging and fighting generic mobs, with a few side missions scattered about here and there.

Currently frothing at the mouth and regretting my PS5 purchase.
I’m just glad I found someone to buy my PS5. I bought one cause I seen one in stock, and it just collected dust. Sold it and upgraded my PC though.

If it's just Fallout 4 in space, I'll be happy. That's all I want. But I have to say after Fallout 76 and some of the shit I've seen in the early footage, I'm worried it won't even be that.

It will probably be good, but I have some Cyberpunk vibes given the extremely high expectations.
Big Phil will crucify Todd Howard via live stream if Bethesda drops the ball on this. I expect there to be some bugs at launch because it's Bethesda, and it's a giant game. I'm gonna wait a week before I download it because I've got a ridiculous backlog I'm chipping away at.

If it's just Fallout 4 in space, I'll be happy. That's all I want. But I have to say after Fallout 76 and some of the shit I've seen in the early footage, I'm worried it won't even be that.

This is all I want. I started watching footage late last week and everything I've seen seems to be pointing to me getting exactly that. The shooting is being described as standard Bethesda shooting so that should be fine for me. I was hoping for more since I remember reading a rumor that ID for involved in cleaning it up but maybe there was only so much they could do.

Bought the deluxe version on Steam and reading the pre load is ready. Pumped for the early access for the long weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wavemeter
Back