STARFIELD discussion

Is there a way to pull up maps when I'm in civilization? I don't know if it's supposed to be this hard to find vendors and stuff

I've been sneaking around pickpocketing motherfuckers

Now I'm worried the blonde bitch wont be sucking my dick in the future. She's always telling me not to steal

Been saving up every last credit and was able to buy the Narwhal. Thing is monstrous with no upgrades. Wanted to get more laser turrets but haven't seen the ones equipped for sale anywhere.

Also did a side quest and was able to recruit
Amelia Earhart
, super unexpected.

Im storing my resources at The Lodge inside my bedroom

When I do research and upgrades in the basement, it cant access the resources? I have to go back to my bedroom and take the stuff I need?

So far this game sucks.

I'm a miner and my first mission is to raid a pirate base with little ammo or armor and kill robots and a small army??

I can't figure out how to unencumber. So I've stopped picking things up. It doesn't explain how to add things to the quick wheel. Doesn't explain the armor components. I have no idea how to find the crimson fleet captain. The fps controls are terrible. The guide arrows don't show up.

I don't need a lot of handholding but with this many elements it would be nice to have some.

Pretty frustrated.

When I do research and upgrades in the basement, it cant access the resources? I have to go back to my bedroom and take the stuff I need?

The cargo hold on your ship links to crafting. The hold on the frontier ship is pretty limited without upgrades so that should be a priority. Right after you do the intro quest and leave the Lodge for the first time, you can do the Freestar Ranger questline. At the end of the quest you receive the Star Eagle ship, which is probably the best Class A ship out there. It's cargo hold is 2200, huge upgrade from the starter ship. Used it for a long while before I upgraded to a class C, and never hit the capacity. Pretty much use the room storage for weapons and armor, and only use ships cargo for resources.

If you want your resources to be linked to crafting you have to store it in your cargo on the ship. The storage that's in the lodge is not linked

celebrate-indian.gif

upload_2023-9-12_19-55-39.png

Man the dialogue and NPCs in this game are freaking bland. I totally understand people saying BG3 ruined this game for them.

Can't say much about the rest yet other than the awful UI/menus. I'll definitely keep going a bit since it seems like it takes a while to really get started.

So far this game sucks.

I'm a miner and my first mission is to raid a pirate base with little ammo or armor and kill robots and a small army??

I can't figure out how to unencumber. So I've stopped picking things up. It doesn't explain how to add things to the quick wheel. Doesn't explain the armor components. I have no idea how to find the crimson fleet captain. The fps controls are terrible. The guide arrows don't show up.

I don't need a lot of handholding but with this many elements it would be nice to have some.

Pretty frustrated.
I feel you. I was close to throwing in the towel. I think the game is a mess and does a particularly poor job of explaining anything or helping you get into the game. But I also think once you start to get the hang of it you'll begin to see the game's qualities. I'm not sure I'll play it for 500 hours like Skyrim but it does get better after the slog of those first few hours.

Microsoft comes across really sketchy. Before the game released news circulated that the game skipped many review outlets and many sites that did get it were Xbox sites. Now that the other outlets got a review code they’re finally finishing the game up and many more mixed reviews are coming out. They wanted as high a score as possible to get more people to play it in the first week. Really unethical

I feel you. I was close to throwing in the towel. I think the game is a mess and does a particularly poor job of explaining anything or helping you get into the game. But I also think once you start to get the hang of it you'll begin to see the game's qualities. I'm not sure I'll play it for 500 hours like Skyrim but it does get better after the slog of those first few hours.

Makes me wonder how it will perform on Game pass because so many people have said it takes a while to get going. When games come free on a sub I can see people putting an hour or two in and then moving on if they don't like it. When you spend $60 on a game you are going to do your best to like it.

Makes me wonder how it will perform on Game pass because so many people have said it takes a while to get going. When games come free on a sub I can see people putting an hour or two in and then moving on if they don't like it. When you spend $60 on a game you are going to do your best to like it.
That's how I'm playing it but I love most Bethesda games and I bought an XSX mainly to play this game. From that perspective its been a little disappointing as this isn't the game I was expecting. But as I've said it's growing on me and hopefully that only continues. Though as barren as much of the game is I could see myself getting bored quickly.

I can't figure out how to unencumber. So I've stopped picking things up.

Yeah, you picked up too much shit. It's a dumb mechanic in all games, but you have a carry load capacity. Not much you can do, other than upgrade your storage capacity.

It doesn't explain how to add things to the quick wheel.

There should be a "favorites" or "Quick Menu" command in the inventory screen. Just go to the item you want, and hit that button, and you'll be able to place it on the wheel.

Doesn't explain the armor components. I have no idea how to find the crimson fleet captain. The fps controls are terrible. The guide arrows don't show up.

Just keep working your way up the base. I believe he's outside.

I am curious about the guide arrows myself, though. They just seem to randomly show up. There should be a button prompt for it in this game, because it is very easy to get lost inside buildings. The architecture isn't very intuitive in guiding you to the key areas.

It is overwhelming at first, but you'll eventually settle in.

Last edited:
If you want your resources to be linked to crafting you have to store it in your cargo on the ship. The storage that's in the lodge is not linked

The ship storage is linked to every crafting station, even the one at the Lodge? I only have one research station in my ship. The weapon crafting and all that are at the Lodge.

The ship storage is linked to every crafting station, even the one at the Lodge? I only have one research station in my ship. The weapon crafting and all that are at the Lodge.
Yup it's even linked to the station even at the lodge. Only time it's not is if you use the storage at the lodge or if you put it on the people who follow you.

Yup it's even linked to the station even at the lodge. Only time it's not is if you use the storage at the lodge or if you put it on the people who follow you.

Ok, so I just need to put a new, bigger storage unit in my ship? I've been storing everything in the storage to the left of the cockpit. Its only got like 400 lbs of max storage.

Ok, so I just need to put a new, bigger storage unit in my ship? I've been storing everything in the storage to the left of the cockpit. Its only got like 400 lbs of max storage.
ya pretty much gotta upgrade cargo to hold more. At the moment i have my cargo sitting at 6980

Back