STARFIELD discussion

A tip for scanning... I had to look this up because it was pissing me off lol.

If you only have one or two fauna left to scan but can't find it anywhere on the map and it says "Biome complete", land near the cost and search the beach area because the last fauna will most likely be fish -_-
God damn it, I scoured jemison for hours and couldn’t figure out how I wasn’t finding any new fauna. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
So Sarah or Adreja?
I didn't meet Andreja for the first 20 hours or so.

Sarah was my wing man from pretty much the start. She's kind of annoying, but has a nice ass and is one of the few attractive characters in the game.

Naturally, it was enough for me to pursue her and we were about to get married. However, enter Andreja...

I got a thing for eastern euro chicks so when Vlad split Sarah and I up, taking her to the eye, he started a cascade. I'm pretty sure he teamed Andreja with me too.

Another 20 hours of side/faction questing later, and being thousands of light years from Sarah... a spaceman has needs.

Andreja kept talking about her affinity for great serpents. I assumed this was code, so much flirting ensued. I was in a pickle.

After that price too high mission, fighting the hunter...

Big spoilers
Sarah was killed on the eye. That really caught me off guard. It did solve my problem, as I was choosing Andreja, but I did reload a save to try and save Sarah. Of course, if I saved Sarah, then Andreja dies.

Of the two people you're closest to, one will die, so Sarah it was. I feel like it's the canon death, but it still shocked me. I didnt expect this from Bethesda. I have to give them props for this.

I just fucked up.

I loaded my level sixteen character, deleted all of my spare saves aside from one and thought that I was saving my game, but loaded a level one character instead.

Restarting.

:(

I've got about 90 hours in so far level 60. Just bought the narwhal ship for 400k its pretty damn good before that was in the Shieldbreaker for a long while. Crimson Fleet/Ryujin mission line completed and mostly a bunch of random side quests. Best way i found to make money is picking up decent guns from bodies and selling them.

I didn't meet Andreja for the first 20 hours or so.

Sarah was my wing man from pretty much the start. She's kind of annoying, but has a nice ass and is one of the few attractive characters in the game.

Naturally, it was enough for me to pursue her and we were about to get married. However, enter Andreja...

I got a thing for eastern euro chicks so when Vlad split Sarah and I up, taking her to the eye, he started a cascade. I'm pretty sure he teamed Andreja with me too.

Another 20 hours of side/faction questing later, and being thousands of light years from Sarah... a spaceman has needs.

Andreja kept talking about her affinity for great serpents. I assumed this was code, so much flirting ensued. I was in a pickle.

After that price too high mission, fighting the hunter...

Big spoilers
Sarah was killed on the eye. That really caught me off guard. It did solve my problem, as I was choosing Andreja, but I did reload a save to try and save Sarah. Of course, if I saved Sarah, then Andreja dies.

Of the two people you're closest to, one will die, so Sarah it was. I feel like it's the canon death, but it still shocked me. I didnt expect this from Bethesda. I have to give them props for this.

I think you have a level of control of crew location during this mission.

I had a lot of the constellation as crew when I went up to the eye, and I think as part of the story I must have got a new crew member because they all stayed put when I left. When I initiated the sequence at the Lodge to make the choice who to save, Sarah, Andreja, and Sam were on the Eye. I had already romanced Sarah so chose to save her. I ended up losing Barret when the Lodge got attacked.

I think you have a level of control of crew location during this mission.

I had a lot of the constellation as crew when I went up to the eye, and I think as part of the story I must have got a new crew member because they all stayed put when I left. When I initiated the sequence at the Lodge to make the choice who to save, Sarah, Andreja, and Sam were on the Eye. I had already romanced Sarah so chose to save her. I ended up losing Barret when the Lodge got attacked.
I was on Reddit thread talking about this with others early last week.

We were trying to figure out the pattern.

it looked fairly conclusive that whichever two companions you were closest to, whoever isnt with you in that moment dies. Players were loading back saves and checking affinity levels (a console command on pc only). I didnt check myself, as I didnt want to lose achievements. I know you can use a mod to negate losing achievements, but I've read that it's buggy. Anyway, outside a couple of missions with Barret and Cowboy guy, I only traveled with Sarah or Andreja.

Do you think Barret would have been the companion you were closest to next to Sarah? I know a few others said that Barret also died for them, but they didn't feel he was among their closest companion. They didn't verify through affinity levels though.

The lack of explanation in this game is maddening. There are too many systems not to explain things at least a basic level.

If I buy new guns for my ship why do the go to my cargo hold instead of onto the ship?

The starmap sucks.

I was on Reddit thread talking about this with others early last week.

We were trying to figure out the pattern.

it looked fairly conclusive that whichever two companions you were closest to, whoever isnt with you in that moment dies. Players were loading back saves and checking affinity levels (a console command on pc only). I didnt check myself, as I didnt want to lose achievements. I know you can use a mod to negate losing achievements, but I've read that it's buggy. Anyway, outside a couple of missions with Barret and Cowboy guy, I only traveled with Sarah or Andreja.

Do you think Barret would have been the companion you were closest to next to Sarah? I know a few others said that Barret also died for them, but they didn't feel he was among their closest companion. They didn't verify through affinity levels though.

Possibly. I had done a ton with Sarah, had her since the begining. The next 3 were a toss up due to story missions. If you're theory is correct, he could have easily edged the other 2 out just from the story missions.

The lack of explanation in this game is maddening. There are too many systems not to explain things at least a basic level.

If I buy new guns for my ship why do the go to my cargo hold instead of onto the ship?

The starmap sucks.

Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and watch some Youtube starter guides. I agree that the game expects a lot from the player, and isn't nearly as intuitive as their previous titles.

Which guns and which type of ship do you have?

I upgraded some of the weapons on my ship and they didn't go into the cargo.

The starmap sucks.
What do you mean by "buy new guns"? You mean when you upgrade your existing weapons?

In that mode (upgrading) they always replaced my existing ones. Do you actually see ship weapons in your ship's cargo?

Maybe go into ship builder mode at the same vendor and see if you can swap your weapons out for the better ones you bought at no cost.

I haven't upgraded my weapons in a while, and there has been a patch. It would be nice I'd we could actually buy ship parts, though I'd imagine they'd take up a lot of space.

I dont think I've ever tried so hard to like a game and I think I might be done. Between FO76 and this, Bethesda's stock has dropped 1000% in my eyes. They went from being maybe my favorite developer to one I just can't get behind anymore.

Maybe this game just isn't for me. I heard someone say it's less Fallout in space and more Oblivion in space and maybe that's intentional. I assume Bethesda was trying to go back more to their RPG roots because I can't think of any other reason why this game is what it is.

As I'm playing all I can think is "this is what you decided to make? You spent nearly 10 years making this game and through all your internal testing and whatnot you thought this was good?" It's so fucking boring, ugly, poorly paced, and filled with retarded, bullet spongy AI it's simply unforgivable.

It reminded me a bit of Red Dead Redemption 2 in that it commits the sin of just not being fun but at least that game looked amazing, had a good story, and introduced some new gameplay systems. I dont know what this game is. It has practically zero redeeming qualities in my opinion.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "buy new guns"? You mean when you upgrade your existing weapons?

In that mode (upgrading) they always replaced my existing ones. Do you actually see ship weapons in your ship's cargo?

Maybe go into ship builder mode at the same vendor and see if you can swap your weapons out for the better ones you bought at no cost.

I haven't upgraded my weapons in a while, and there has been a patch. It would be nice I'd we could actually buy ship parts, though I'd imagine they'd take up a lot of space.
Maybe I'm a moron. I'll try it again.

I dont think I've ever tried so hard to like a game and I think I might be done. Between FO76 and this, Bethesda's stock has dropped 1000% in my eyes. They went from being maybe my favorite developer to one I just can't get behind anymore.

Maybe this game just isn't for me. I heard someone say it's less Fallout in space and more Oblivion in space and maybe that's intentional. I assume Bethesda was trying to go back more to their RPG roots because I can't think of any other reason why this game is what it is.

As I'm playing all I can think is "this is what you decided to make? You spent nearly 10 years making this game and through all your internal testing and whatnot you thought this was good?" It's so fucking boring, ugly, poorly paced, and filled with retarded, bullet spongy AI it's simply unforgivable.

It reminded me a bit of Red Dead Redemption 2 in that it commits the sin of just not being fun but at least that game looked amazing, had a good story, and introduced some new gameplay systems. I dont know what this game is. It has practically zero redeeming qualities in my opinion.
So far I'm with you.

I've caught up on my new character and I've been doing the Ryujin quests. They've been...alright...

I have maxed Stealth, have Security and Persuasion at level 3, Piloting at Level 3, targeting at Level 1 and Jump Boost at Level 1.

I haven't put anything into my weapon skills at all and frankly, I haven't noticed any difference. A bit weaker, maybe, but instead of bottlenecking myself into a play style, I just grab every weapon with a different ammo type, get liberal with grenades and have a blast. It's a lot more fun.

The more i play this game the more I think I’ve been doing it wrong. I guess I’ve kind of been trying to be a jack of all trades but the more levels I get and skill points I spend I’m starting to feel like it’s better to focus on a few key skills and really work on mastering them.

Back