State-sponsored doping programme in Russia

senyster

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So yesterday, I saw the award-winning documentary Icarus from 2017. For those unfamiliar with the film, it's about Bryan Fogel, an amateur cyclist, getting ready to attend one of the most challenging amateur cycling events, Haute Route, to document the gains of doping. The first time he does it clean, and the second doped up with the help of Dr. Rodchenkov, head of Russia's anti-doping laboratory.

Well, in a turn of unexpected events, the situation concludes with Dr. Rodchenkov outing Russia's state sponsored doping programme, and claims that at least 50% athletes had access to his protocols.

So this got me thinking. Since, according to the documentary, there is undeniable evidence of a state-sponsored programme for performance enhancing drugs in Russia, and based on Dr. Rodchenkov's claims – where does that leave Russian fighters?

P.S.
I am aware that the whole PED situation is probably similar in the rest of the world, but I want to limit the speculations in this thread to Russia as there exists reliable evidence on the extent of doping there.

The whole testing is also just a dog and pony show because you could just use muscle biopsy to look at the cells if someone took steroids at any point of his life. The permanent changes dont go away even after years and this is known since the early 1940 s.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4160183/
and its super cheap because you only need a microscope for the test.
I also worry a lot about the new athletes since its not your typical 2 months before compettion go on roids, after that go off.
Its now igf1, igf2m, beta blockers, insulin, mgf, myostatin blockers, etc in you europe they even caught cyclists using nanotech argumentation, they used Perfluorcarbone instead of blood!!! https://www.pharmazeutische-zeitung.de/index.php?id=pharm2_32_1998 i mean technicly this guys are some cyborg nightmare.
source translated to english
https://www.microsofttranslator.com...tische-zeitung.de/index.php?id=pharm2_32_1998

--- BREAKING NEWS ---

windows 10 steals your data.

maybe there will be a documentary about it in five years.

<TheDonald>

you heard it here first.

Alexander povetkin got busted, there are other cases of Russian fighters on peds, but I'm per use in Russia is probably as common as any other country.

--- BREAKING NEWS ---

windows 10 steals your data.

maybe there'll be a documentary about it in five years.

<TheDonald>

you heard it here first.
U got my mind buzzin dude.. what other wack conspiracies you got?

The highest profile Russian fighter to fail a PED test was Ali Buagatinov

I think Magomedov (UFC heavyweight who is on a big win streak) failed a test for meldonium but that was because the rules for Meldonium were bull shit and for no other reason really

Baby Fedor failed a test too

Don't know of any other notable ones. A lot of Russian fighters get tested heavily while competing in Sambo and come out clean more or less

...I suspect Nemkov (Bellator and RIZIN) is using because his pecs are totally unnatural and his back acne is also a give away..Also he is unnaturally strong...Moldovsky is another guy that I suspect may be on the PEDs..unnaturally strong (Wrestled well with AliAkbari) and he also has an interesting level of chest muscle..

But of course all fighters are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

I don't think Russian fighters dope anywhere near as much as fighters from Brazil/USA but they do dope, hell, even the Japanese dope

I should probably clarify before a Mod bans me: I see nothing wrong with fighters using PEDS and enjoy MMA promotions where PED use is legal.

Back