Steinermania 287: HE'S FAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just amazed that HBK hasnt's said anything about the excessive Superkicking, this is a guy who threw a bitch fit because Umaga wore green.

Hell, Austin said that Cena shouldn't be using that Springboard Stunner if he's just using it for a near fall. Reason being, that you have one of the most over finishers ever, if it just gets used by one guy for a near fall, then more guys use it, then it makes the guys who lost to it whether it was him, Mikey Whipwreck, Disco Inferno or Ed Leslie delivering it, it makes the guys who lost to it look bad.

Look at the DDT, it means nothing now.

Last edited:
I swear, some people both take this too seriously and not seriously enough.
"Wrestlers nowadays are ruining the superkick!"
"The neckbeards are ruining the product!"
"They need to learn psychology!"
"That's too flashy!"
"Roman Reigns are not good enough!"
"Vince is senile!"

You can't really please anyone in this climate.

TBH, they should just call it a Micheal kick or something. Superkick implies that it'd finish the opponent off, not just a transitional move.

Vince is senile and gay.

Kawada kicks, big boots, and enzuigiris never finish anyone either. I don't see the difference. The figure four never finishes anyone now, Flair "mastered" it, just like Michaels and the kick.

I know what you mean, it just pisses me off, is all. It screams indyriffic to me. The bad kind of indy, where there is zero build-up, it's just "let's get all our shit in for momentary pops, maybe a 'this is awesome' chant, rather than build a decent match".

I know that sounds very surly but, I am sure people will agree with me. And people will disagree, too, which is fine, tis only opinion, after all.

I think there is a place for virtually every type of wrestling in moderation.

What is the deal with Nakamura though from reports of people who have wrestled him? From what I have seen he looks like he is snug but not particularly stiff, I feel it is just played up more as part of his gimmick. If he is seriously kneeing and booting people as hard as he can then I would be a bit disappointed.

Snug but not being stiff and actually not injuring people (though hurting them) while looking good at it is where it's at. It's not UFC.

I wasn't, I can't even see where that was implied.

What I'm saying is I see you talk to people in here like I imagine you would talk to those types leaving those kinds of comments. Like somehow whatever we're saying is equally as offensive to your sensibilities as what they're saying. Which I don't get.

I know what you mean, it just pisses me off, is all. It screams indyriffic to me. The bad kind of indy, where there is zero build-up, it's just "let's get all our shit in for momentary pops, maybe a 'this is awesome' chant, rather than build a decent match".

I know that sounds very surly but, I am sure people will agree with me. And people will disagree, too, which is fine, tis only opinion, after all.

You just described WM 32. And 31. No build. Just random bullshit run ins. No consequence the previous week or next day.

I missed the first page, but this thread is still fake and gay. @Sexy you better not forget that.

There has to be a deeper reason for the amount of butthurt Bret has towards HHH.

Snug but not being stiff and actually not injuring people (though hurting them) while looking good at it is where it's at. It's not UFC.

Exactly my thoughts, I just don't know how much of the strong style talk is just talk and how much is actually too stiff.

Exactly my thoughts, I just don't know how much of the strong style talk is just talk and how much is actually too stiff.

If it looks like joshi, good chance it might be too stiff. lol

KszYPg0.gif

You just described WM 32. And 31. No build. Just random bullshit run ins. No consequence the previous week or next day.

I'm going to use an odd example of how build-up makes all the damn difference, at least to me. It's from TNA of all places (cos that is all I was watching at the time, wrestling wise).

So, Tyson Tomko and Matt Morgan, both pretty blah big men, yeah? Who would want to see them wrestle. Well, for about a month, they would have Matt Morgan squashing jobbers on Impact, every week. And, proper jobbers, guys they pulled from local indy feds, no entrance, just them in the ring already. And, it made him look like a monster, without the worry of making one of your guys look bad.

After a while, Tomko comes out and basically goes "Hey, how about fighting someone who can challenge you". Then they keep them away from each other til the PPV. And, you know what, I wanted to see that match. I got sucked in, cos build up.

Jobbers need to make a comeback. Have Corbin and people like him murdering them on Smackdown, will make them look like killers AND keep us from seeing potential money match-ups week after week, til they just mean nowt. Like, Cesaro vs Owens should be a bigger deal, rather than just "eh, let em fight on Raw with no build".

For me it makes everything else kinda look fake and lame. It's fine if you have an entire promotion in their own "universe" so to speak doing their thing (NJPW), but if there is one guy (who doesn't look the least bit intimidating) going around kicking others as hard as is possible, then it makes everything else on that show look weaker by comparison. Imagine if Brock didn't look intimidating at all but was still suplexing MFers all over the place. It would make you scratch your head.

I do feel you on that, but I think if done right it's not as jarring as you've experienced.

Generally, the Japan guys work really really snug, almost to the point of looking like they are in it for real. The Sami Zayn - Nakamura match is a good example. Not as hard hitting as some other of their usual matches but it is up there in term of snug. But sometimes the Japanese have an almost fetishistic relationship with pain, so you have people doing this.

2289120_orig.gif

If it looks like joshi, good chance it might be too stiff. lol

KszYPg0.gif

Some of the Joshi matches looks brutal. Remember that gal who got shoot on so hard she had to retired? Geez.

I'm just amazed that HBK hasnt's said anything about the excessive Superkicking, this is a guy who threw a bitch fit because Umaga wore green.

Hell, Austin said that Cena shouldn't be using that Springboard Stunner if he's just using it for a near fall. Reason being, that you have one of the most over finishers ever, if it just gets used by one guy for a near fall, then more guys use it, then it makes the guys who lost to it whether it was him, Mikey Whipwreck, Disco Inferno or Ed Leslie delivering it, it makes the guys who lost to it look bad.

Look at the DDT, it means nothing now.
I don't think he really cares that much anymore. Also he recently indirectly aknowledge the product today is bland and boring.

Plus there is that thing Batista once said about him, in a positive way I may add "AS Shawn always says, I only care about my match, my storyline, I couldn't care less what the rest is doing".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back