Steinermania 287: HE'S FAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching this match. It is rather funny in a way. Mio Shirai is completely in squee mode for being able to wrestle Minoru Suzuki, while Suzuki was all business like.

Suzuki is the fucking man. Nakamura is like his lanky flamboyant little brother.

Problem is with Emma's callup and Bayley coming up soon, they don't have a strong divas division in NXT at the moment.
Yeah, losing Emma is a pretty big blow. I'm surprised they moved her up. She could have carried the division while Asuka had the title, now it's basically Asuka and Nia...

I think there is a place for virtually every type of wrestling in moderation.

What is the deal with Nakamura though from reports of people who have wrestled him? From what I have seen he looks like he is snug but not particularly stiff, I feel it is just played up more as part of his gimmick. If he is seriously kneeing and booting people as hard as he can then I would be a bit disappointed.

He's not. He tempering his legit strikes, which looks fucking stupid.

Strong style is retarded. "Hit a guy hard in the soft spots"....why? It's a phony bologna wrestling match. What the fuck does it accomplish? Is there anyone on Earth who still thinks this shit is real? What does it accomplish, other then legit hurting your opponent? It's so fucking dumb.

I'll give a pass here and there, like Angle headbutting Joe in their first confrontation. It adds a bit of drama. Bleeding the hard way? Fine. But to go out there and kick and punch somebody who is just giving you their body, and not defending themselves at all, every single night? What is the friggin' point? Congratulations, you suck at Pro-Wrestling.

It looks even more stupid when a fairy like Nakamura does it, without any consequence. Go ahead, pull that shit on Brock, tough guy. See if you want to play the "strong style" game with that motherfucker.

Words cannot describe how utterly fucking stupid "strong style" is. I feel like Jim Cornette talking about ECW.

Strong style is retarded. "Hit a guy hard in the soft spots"....why? It's a phony bologna wrestling match. What the fuck does it accomplish? Is there anyone on Earth who still thinks this shit is real? What does it accomplish, other then legit hurting your opponent? It's so fucking dumb.

I'll give a pass here and there, like Angle headbutting Joe in their first confrontation. It adds a bit of drama. Bleeding the hard way? Fine. But to go out there and kick and punch somebody who is just giving you their body, and not defending themselves at all, every single night? What is the friggin' point? Congratulations, you suck at Pro-Wrestling.

It looks even more stupid when a fairy like Nakamura does it, without any consequence. Go ahead, pull that shit on Brock, tough guy. See if you want to play the "strong style" game with that motherfucker.

Words cannot describe how utterly fucking stupid "strong style" is. I feel like Jim Cornette talking about ECW.

:rolleyes:

Nakamura was a trained mixed martial artist, three pro wins and his only loss was to one of the Gracies in what I'm pretty sure was his very first fight. Also...

@Falsedawn beat me to the punch lol.

Suspension of disbelief can be a powerful thing.
Beside, the strong style thing plays into Japan's code of bushido/pain fetishism. And I very much doubt they would just do strong style match night in and out, especially we have some rather old wrestlers still active in the scene like Jushin Thunder Liger. It is not malicious as much as it is what they teach in the dojo over there. But it kind of give wrestling over there an edge and a sense of realism that the US lacks.

And also, Japan marks are the smartest marks of anywhere. They understood the charade, but they revel in it. Unlike in the US where it is seen as neckbeard/manchild if you enjoy wrestling.

Nakamura was a trained mixed martial artist, three pro wins and his only loss was to one of the Gracies in what I'm pretty sure was his very first fight. Also...

@Falsedawn beat me to the punch lol.

Had to. I'm not sure how you can trash strong style, yet call this good wrasslin.

cskRCYR.gif

RxBtbxc.gif

That's exactly what they're trying to get around. It's an art.

So why doesn't he fight? You know, instead of applying his MMA training to pro-wrestling? Am I supposed to think he's a bad ass or something?

Wow, pro-wrestler throws legit strikes. I'm really impressed over here. What a talent.

So why doesn't he fight? You know, instead of applying his MMA training to pro-wrestling? Am I supposed to think he's a bad ass or something?

Wow, pro-wrestler throws legit strikes. I'm really impressed over here. What a talent.

V00kg5x.jpg

Suspension of disbelief can be a powerful thing.
Beside, the strong style thing plays into Japan's code of bushido/pain fetishism. And I very much doubt they would just do strong style match night in and out, especially we have some rather old wrestlers still active in the scene like Jushin Thunder Liger. It is not malicious as much as it is what they teach in the dojo over there. But it kind of give wrestling over there an edge and a sense of realism that the US lacks.

And also, Japan marks are the smartest marks of anywhere. They understood the charade, but they revel in it. Unlike in the US where it is seen as neckbeard/manchild if you enjoy wrestling.
Exactly. Jushin beat cancer, is still working strong, and is about to challenge Kushida for his 12th title win at the age of 51.

Yeah, it totally helps when a guy knows what he's doing and can make it look real without hurting his opponent. I've never heard a bad word about Nakamura, Brock worked with him and we know he's not a fan of being hit hard. I'm a fan of MMA influencing pro wrestling, it's asshole like Low Ki who don't pull at all that are a problem.

An aside, since the gifs reminded me: The vignettes of Shane training MMA in the lead up to 'Mania.... he hits the pads better than Punk. Moves better than him, too.

An aside, since the gifs reminded me: The vignettes of Shane training MMA in the lead up to 'Mania.... he hits the pads better than Punk. Moves better than him, too.

Would probably kick his ass for real too

Strong Style doesn't mean you don't sell. It's more the realistic approach. Nakamura was selling a lot for Ty Dillinger or whatever that dudes name is, last night. It's more the techniques used.

Lol, tell that to Shibata and Ishii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back