• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Step by Step UFC is going full Hipster

A suit is hipster
Any kind of glasses is hipster

Good to know

Damn bigfoot looks totally different. I hope his new swag transforms his style into some crazy ninja shit from the mountains. Guy needs a win, but so does Stefan...

rory_edited-4.png
Serial killer. Not hipster.

Uncle Creepy???

Funny, ppl laugh when conspiracy theories float around about celebs "force feeding" styles to the public and this very thing has also happened in Hop Hop and sports (especially the NBA) in the last few years. WTF?lol

The only part of hipsterdom that truly annoys me is the insistence on liking something based on how much, or how little, other people like that thing. Loving something because it's "indie" or "underground" and hating something purely because it's mainstream is fucking annoying and lame. Stop basing your own opinions solely on the views of others, ya gahddamn hipsters.

This thread is a joke, especially when you consider that it is on sherdog.net.

"Hipster" is not a dress code. It is an attitude. It's the "I was into it before it was cool" attitude that gets exhibited on here on a regular basis. It is the attitude of berating others for being into something after it becomes maunstream. It is YOU.

nice posts. also it's annoying to be called a hipster for being yourself and lots of people obsessed with pointing fingers do that. I use problem glasses because I need to. I listen to 90s alt rock because I like it.

If I even knew anybody that used that word. One of us would have to die. Either way I'd never have to hear that fucker use that word again. It embodies the pussification of the North American male.

And who would ever be insane enough to belittle Rory face to face ? Wear what you want Dex, errrr Rory. You look really cool. Just don't murder me in my sleep, ok.
Either we think EXACTLY alike, or my "Pussification of the American male" concept is spreading because I have used that very phrase on this site.lol

No disrespect, justan observation.

Either way, this thread is HILARIOUS and as a Black man I didnt know exactly what bothered me about all these weenies who have these huge bearda at work all of a sudden but this thread and the posters in it have articulated it for me.

Thanks Sherdog!!!

I bought thick rimmed glasses(so they'd be more durable than my last pair that fell apart), have a beard(goatee) and listen too obscure Metal....

Does that make me a Hipster?

That + LOTR reference + Gaelic in North America + 'Jones fan' is giving me a 9.5 reading on the Hipsterometer

Hey...I like my beard and I'm not a hipster damn it!!

MqerdREeLzU.jpg

Jesus...

How can anyone say Hipsters aren't "a thing???"smh

Not any suit, but a suit that is two sizes too small or carbon copy parrots a previous generation's style is hipster.

iZM_a7.gif

Not all glasses, but ones that carbon copy parrots a previous generation's style are.

giphy.gif

Andersons are just normal glasses you goof

That + LOTR reference + Gaelic in North America + 'Jones fan' is giving me a 9.5 reading on the Hipsterometer
LOTR reference?

My name is a song by Aesop Rock foo'!

But Gaelic is cool son! You're just angry because your ancestral home doesn't have a name in Gaelic! *sticks out tongue*

And how does being a Jones fan make me a hipster, he's the best fighter in the sport, wouldn't that make me uber mainstream?

This whole hipster thing is just a modern day witch hunt I tells yah!

I'm innocent!

Back