Media Stephen A Smith vows to respond to the bullsh*t from Rogan.

Joe Rogans speciality is creating hype. Of course hes going to hate Stephens A smith honest but negative opinion. Joe is doing his usual thing "Conor was amazing, the king is back, world class performance etc etc". Saying what he knows the UFC wants him to say to create hype, as it increases future sales. Then Stephen A smith tells the truth, basically the reality that it was disappointing and the reason Conor won like that was purely because cowboy didn't show up. Even for cowboy on one of his off nights, that was worse than ever. He has never thrown 0 strikes or looked as unwilling to engage as he did in that fight. Thats the truth, Conor wasn't tested at all, he didn't have to show what fighters normally have to show, heart, cardio, evasiveness. He had Zero punches thrown at him. Even in the clinch cowboy didn't attempt anything, just sat there a sitting duck from bell to bell, inviting Conor to do whatever he wanted until the ref decided to stop it.

quit acting like a snowflake Rogan.
who gives a shit what stephen a simp says about a sport he doesn't know shit about (even though he's right)

So we can see now that Khabib ducked Cerrone with a torn meniscus???

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

okay I’m gonna guess English isn’t your first, second, or third language

you responded to a guy that said khabib PULLED OUT 4-5 times

you responded as if it were untrue

I posted proof that it is indeed true

The guy never said khabib DUCKED, he said PULLED OUT

which he did

now stfu plz

Cowboy has loss 7 of his last 11 fights. Is Old as hell, and been TKO 3 straight fights. He is a shit fighter. But the UFC machine drives into it's fans head to ignore all these things. Ignore records, ignore age, ignore primes, ignore weak chins... just pay attention to their wins no matter how long ago it was.

okay I’m gonna guess English isn’t your first, second, or third language

you responded to a guy that said khabib PULLED OUT 4-5 times

you responded as if it were untrue

I posted proof that it is indeed true

The guy never said khabib DUCKED, he said PULLED OUT

which he did

now stfu plz

I'm going to guess that you don't know what the guy I responded to is talking about. They are saying that Khabib hand-picked his career.

Now how about you stfu.

I am embarrassed--For Cowboy and for people like you who think that fight proves McGregor is back and deserves the world. He won a fight fighting a literal punching bag. I'm surprised it took 40 seconds tbh.
Listen to how immature you sound. If cerrone was a punching bag it was a reflection on his opponent who made him one, not because cerrone is some scrub or because he took a dive. Not sure which one you are implying but again its embarrassing for you and others who want to make it about that.

I never said it proves Conor deserves anything. But he got a quality win in dominant fashion, against apparently the winningest fighter in ufc history (thanks for that tidbit).

Oooohhhh....the yelling guy from ESPN, is making noise on twitter, shocking!!! Thats his thing, controversy, which i agree with Rogan here, goes perfect with league sports, not fighting.

Controversy does not go with fighting?
Very interesting

Has he done a respondering yet?

Joe got his job back in the day because he was a celebrity and the UFC needed a name. Now the UFC has access to bigger names and bigger celebrities. Joe's 'spot' is threatened. So he's preemptively lashing out to try to protect himself. I did the same thing back in the day. I was my friend group's skateboarder. Then another kid tried to join our clique, he was a skater too. He was gonna take my place so I started calling him a poser to ruin his image and protect my place in the group. Which is what Rogan is calling Stephen here for the same reason. Truth: we were both posers, but I couldn't be known as that and him threatening my spot threatened to out me as a poser. Rogan can try to frame it as protecting the fighters or the sport's integrity or whatever, like I pretended I really cared about the integrity of skateboarding, but that's not what this is.

Controversy does not go with fighting?
Very interesting
Fighter on fighter controversy/drama? Yes, media analysts controversy like this guy? Not so much, there is much more on the line than just a score number.

Joe Rogans speciality is creating hype. Of course hes going to hate Stephens A smith honest but negative opinion. Joe is doing his usual thing "Conor was amazing, the king is back, world class performance etc etc". Saying what he knows the UFC wants him to say to create hype, as it increases future sales. Then Stephen A smith tells the truth, basically the reality that it was disappointing and the reason Conor won like that was purely because cowboy didn't show up. Even for cowboy on one of his off nights, that was worse than ever. He has never thrown 0 strikes or looked as unwilling to engage as he did in that fight. Thats the truth, Conor wasn't tested at all, he didn't have to show what fighters normally have to show, heart, cardio, evasiveness. He had Zero punches thrown at him. Even in the clinch cowboy didn't attempt anything, just sat there a sitting duck from bell to bell, inviting Conor to do whatever he wanted until the ref decided to stop it.
Shogun was worse than ever against Jon jones too.

Why can’t people just accept that Conor fought a great, aggressive fight and cerrone wasn’t safe in spots he thought he could be safe. Tied up in the middle of the cage early isn’t a bad spot for cowboy, until it was. But some people want to make it just about cowboy, and not his opponent.

Joe got his job back in the day because he was a celebrity and the UFC needed a name. Now the UFC has access to bigger names and bigger celebrities. Joe's 'spot' is threatened. So he's preemptively lashing out to try to protect himself. He can try to frame it as protecting the fighters integrity or whatever, but that's not what this is.
That’s pretty lame. His spot is not threatened. What evidence is there that his spot is threatened? What bigger “celebrities” could do his job (that would want to)?

He has never been finished in 40 seconds.
He didn't got the time.
Lost in a minute to dos anjos, still landed 4, threw 7.

Lets assume cowboy was actually hurt from those shoulders and kick. Why did it take 3 left hands from Conor against the fence before cowboy 'sat down'. He wasn't dropped, or buckled, therefore he can't have been that hurt which is understandable as none of those left hands looked to land with much impact.
Then the ground and pound, cowboy is down, stilll none of conors strikes seem to be landing with much impact, cowboys head isn't flying around the place like we often see, he has plenty of time to try recover, alot of conors punches are missing, hitting arms but still cowboy is just sitting there not attempting anything. Its not like against gaethje or masvidal where he was really dropped, or against Till where his nose was really smashed. He took damage off conor but nothing serious and he still just sitting there waiting for the ref to step in. It was seriously fishy.

The mma community can't handle this kind of real talk from a guy like Stephen A

Dan Hardy and Ray Longo said the same thing as Stephen A.
Hardy literally said that cerrone quit after conor's thigh hit him in the face.

Listen to how immature you sound. If cerrone was a punching bag it was a reflection on his opponent who made him one, not because cerrone is some scrub or because he took a dive. Not sure which one you are implying but again its embarrassing for you and others who want to make it about that.

I never said it proves Conor deserves anything. But he got a quality win in dominant fashion, against apparently the winningest fighter in ufc history (thanks for that tidbit).
Sorry, just not going to buy the idea that McGregor was so overwhelming that winningest veteran cowboy cerrone couldn't fight back or even defend himself. I've been watching these fights for a long time and I've never seen anything like it. As far as the fight being fixed, it was fixed the moment Donald said he wouldn't be taking the fight down. That was his only shot at victory. And the results show that he was telling the truth about that. That was not a quality win, let's be realistic

Cowboy has loss 7 of his last 11 fights. Is Old as hell, and been TKO 3 straight fights. He is a shit fighter. But the UFC machine drives into it's fans head to ignore all these things. Ignore records, ignore age, ignore primes, ignore weak chins... just pay attention to their wins no matter how long ago it was.
Again this spin is lame. He had ONE bad performance in his last 8 fights before Conor, including dominating the #4 ranked LW this past MAY. That’s over a 2 year period. His ONE bad performance was getting taken out by one of the best, and hardest hitting LWs in the world. That’s just fact, so throwing out 7 of 11 is meaningless. He literally went 8 fights with only one bad performance against gaethje where he got caught.

Sorry, just not going to buy the idea that McGregor was so overwhelming that winningest veteran cowboy cerrone couldn't fight back or even defend himself. I've been watching these fights for a long time and I've never seen anything like it. As far as the fight being fixed, it was fixed the moment Donald said he wouldn't be taking the fight down. That was his only shot at victory. And the results show that he was telling the truth about that. That was not a quality win, let's be realistic
Guys say shit all the time. Doesn’t mean they will do it in the cage. It was a quality win against the winningest fighter. Like it or not. He didn’t do anything because of his opponent. Again, show just a little respect to the winningest.

Back