Stephen Curry

10000 Days

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
SC30 can't be stopped right now, shooting from 35 ft and beyond, and has been breaking records.

Will Chef Curry be the first NBA player to win the MVP unanimously?

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/stor...en-state-warriors-nba-first-unanimous-mvp-nba

54496dba3345c9ef71a9b3ab1b9d8aa5_crop_north.png

Look at him flexing them 16 inch pythons

Steph curry doesn't deserve to be MVP, dude can't even create his own shot.

A borderline all star talent on a hot streak for the ages. He's a flash in the pan.

Steph is getting Oscar Robertson'd itt

lol @ being the unanimous mvp when he can't even lead his team in assists and he's the point guard.

May end up retiring as the greatest shooter ever and the best player of his generation

Reggie 2.0. GS is a big fish in a small pond. Put GS in any era between about '80-'05, and see how many titles they win. A geriatric SA Spurs team(+KL) has a shot at 70 wins this season. Also, dem ain't 16's.

has as many mvp as kobe

Lol this is low even for you, Wbu. You're better than this (actually you aren't ROFL)

RINGS

True: 5
FiTP: .5 (doesn't count as a full RING when you almost lose to the weakest team in finals history)

CAREER 50 PT GAMES

FiTP: 5
True: Scored 50+ pts 4 games IN A ROW

CAREER HIGH

True: 81
FiTP: LMAO!

FMVPS

OPEN AND SHUT CASE

Lol this is low even for you, Wbu. You're better than this (actually you aren't ROFL)

RINGS

FiTP: .5 (doesn't count as a full RING when you almost lose to the weakest team in finals history)

CAREER 50 PT GAMES

FiTP: 5
True: Scored 50+ pts 4 games IN A ROW

CAREER HIGH

True: 81

FMVPS

OPEN AND SHUT CASE
You're going to be even more upset when (not if) he wins his second MVP

Phil Jackson ‎@PhilJackson11

Never seen anything like SCurry? Remind you of Chris Jackson/ Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, who had a short but brilliant run in NBA?

10:56 AM - 28 Feb 2016

That's what Phil said about Curry.

That's a huge compliment to Curry, not many people remember Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf other then those who vaguley remember him as the guy who wouldn't stand up for he National Anthem due to his faith in Islam.

I live in Denver and followed the lowly Nuggets during the 90's with Robert Pack, Laphonso Ellis, Dale Ellis, Mt Mutumbo and Rauf..

Rauf was one of the purest shooters with the quickest releases I ever saw till of-course little Curry came around.

Not many know this but Jordan got schooled by a young college punk in a pick up game during Jordan's Prime ...that punk was Chris Jackson who would later change his name to Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

What's funny is that people who really don't understand the game of basketball was blasting Phil Jackson for making such a comparison....but in reality ....you have to see the world through Phil Jackson's eyes and what he saw of Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

Why would Phil make such a comparison?

We look no further then the 95-96 NBA season when the Chicago Bulls had that epic year by going 72-10. The Bulls were on a Franchise record 18 Game Winning streak going into Denver who was ranked near the bottom of the Western Conference ....that night was the night Phil Jackson got a front seat view of the potential Rauf possessed ....

That night Rauf lit the Bulls up for 32 points and snapped their franchise record winning streak, but that game wasn't the only time Rauf lit up Phil Jackson and the Chicago Bulls.

in the 95 season Rauf dropped 51 on the Utah Jazz who was led by Stockton, Malone and company ..this game really showed his pure shooting abilities....guy was phenomenal.

The Chef deserves the unanimous MVP no doubt. He's the best player in the league right now and his team has the best record and on pace to beat the bulls record setting season. Tonight he showed more then an outside shooting touch scoring most of his points going to the rack. His handles are sick and he's unselfish. The one thing I will say about him though and it's sort of a knock I guess is he wouldn't have the same impact as lebrick if they both went to a shitty team. Lebrick can carry a shitty team to the playoffs and I'm not sure Steph could. Other then that though he is the best shooter anyone of any era has ever seen.

Never seen anything like SCurry? Remind you of Chris Jackson/ Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, who had a short but brilliant run in NBA?

That's a huge compliment to Curry, not many people remember Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf other then those who vaguley remember him as the guy who wouldn't stand up for he National Anthem due to his faith in Islam.

I live in Denver and followed the lowly Nuggets during the 90's with Robert Pack, Laphonso Ellis, Dale Ellis, Mt Mutumbo and Rauf..

Rauf was one of the purest shooters with the quickest releases I ever saw till of-course little Curry came around.

Not many know this but Jordan got schooled by a young college punk in a pick up game during Jordan's Prime ...that punk was Chris Jackson who would later change his name to Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

What's funny is that people who really don't understand the game of basketball was blasting Phil Jackson for making such a comparison....but in reality ....you have to see the world through Phil Jackson's eyes and what he saw of Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

We look no further then the 95-96 NBA season when the Chicago Bulls had that epic year by going 72-10. The Bulls were on a Franchise record 18 Game Winning streak going into Denver who was ranked near the bottom of the Western Conference ....that night was the night Phil Jackson got a front seat view of the potential Rauf possessed ....

That night Rauf lit the Bulls up for 32 points and snapped their franchise record winning streak, but that game wasn't the only time Rauf lit up Phil Jackson and the Chicago Bulls.

in the 95 season Rauf dropped 51 on the Utah Jazz who was led by Stockton, Malone and company ..this game really showed his pure shooting abilities....guy was phenomenal.

I remember Rauf well. First time I tasted Islam's defiance, really. Always wondered why if he hated the USA so much he didn't fuck off to a basketball league in a country befitting such a holy man. Maybe because he didn't like the salaries that befit such holiness.

First, I'm highly skeptical Chris Evans ever "schooled" Jordan in his prime. Vid or it didn't happen.

Second, the reason it's a terrible analogy should be obvious:
  • Rauf never won an NBA Championship.
  • He never won an NBA MVP.
  • He never made an All-NBA team of any kind.
  • Hell, he was never even an All-Star.
  • He never even averaged better than 20ppg for a whole season.
  • He never averaged better than 39% from downtown
  • He only ONCE made more than 100 three-point field goals in a season (121 in '95-96).
  • Hell, he couldn't even average 50% from the field a single time averaging more than 10ppg.
  • He was arguably never the best player on his team, and the Nuggets were never even good when he played for them. The best record he ever notched was 42-40. This was one of only two times in his career his team didn't have a losing record (the other time they were 41-41 before getting swept out of the first round by the Spurs).
  • He won a total of 6 playoff games in his entire career (never getting past the second round)

Why the fuck is this guy even being put into the same sentence as Curry?

Still not over the LSU team of Shaq, Chris Jackson, and Stanley Roberts--all first round picks--failed to win a national title.

Shaq and his free throws :mad:

Chef puts up games like that twice a week.

Second, the reason it's a terrible analogy should be obvious:
  • Rauf never won an NBA Championship.
  • He never won an NBA MVP.
  • He never made an All-NBA team of any kind.
  • Hell, he was never even an All-Star.
  • He never even averaged better than 20ppg for a whole season.
  • He never averaged better than 39% from downtown
  • He only ONCE made more than 100 three-point field goals in a season (121 in '95-96).
  • Hell, he couldn't even average 50% from the field a single time averaging more than 10ppg.
  • He was arguably never the best player on his team, and the Nuggets were never even good when he played for them. The best record he ever notched was 42-40. This was one of only two times in his career his team didn't have a losing record (the other time they were 41-41 before getting swept out of the first round by the Spurs).
  • He won a total of 6 playoff games in his entire career (never getting past the second round)

Meaningless questions on all levels. Flip stated it so it's true. I agree that SCWTS is the poor man's Rauf and I've said it for quite some time now.

Flip Jackson made the statement and his knowledge trumps yours with hilarious ease (we can all agree on this). We'll defer to Flip here and I'm speaking for everyone when I say that.

GOAT potential. Said it last year and ppl laughed a bit.

Not so many laughs now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brady12Gronk87
Back