Stephen Thompson is still 1 of the best WW's in MMA!!

Ponz vs WB is fight to make rn. Actually Ponz vs Woodley or Usman is the real fight wtf am I saying he'd Kill WB.

Remember how good Hendricks and Ellenberger used to be.... hmmm...

WB not top 5 at WW.

Yeah he's being underrated by biased sherdoggers
After last night you say WB is Underrated after his last 4 fights? GTFOH. If Till wins one round against you, you currently Suck.

Last edited:
ive always felt wonderboy has been overrated.

But he lost his last fight and this is Sherdog. All context and history is to be ignored.

Don't get the love for Wonderboy. Very conservative, Very limited fighter. 3 years since he finished anybody.
The fight with McDonald was a Work. Rory was already negotiating with Belletor and he gave the W to his buddy to set up a title shot for him.
He just got caught by Pettis in a fight he was comfortably working to a decision so I'm not just counting that against him.

He was more aggressive against Pettis but not *really* hurting him.

He's going down the Weidman path of winning right up until he loses and just like Weidman you can see the defeat coming.

Won't fight for the title again.

Of course.

The blue print is there now - his WFL contemporary Raymond Daniels got eaten up when he stepped up competition in Glory.

Not everyone is going to have the skill set to do what Pettis did nor the heart as you have to accept that you may get hit and possibly ko'd.

My buddy just said during round 2, "why are his hands at his side, won't he get KO'd". Think I might have said, nah he never gets KO'd besides Pettis is getting tuned up.

Naw...hes an overrated bum that white fans love to cheer for.

Let's be real, Pettis caught a break yesterday. He probably loses that fight way more times than he wins. But, he found a way yesterday, so, good on him.

Agreed.

It'll take a bit of work to come back (and given his age, he might not really want to or have the time to either).

He's consistently been a high performer through the years

So I think Thompson has been figured out if we're being honest. He makes guys uncomfortable and apprehensive, so they try to stand at a safe distance and be patient but that plays into his game. Wonderboy doesn't like being hit, responds poorly to pressure and is open down the middle to counter when he punches and his head never leaves the center line. His cardio isn't great and he crosses his feet a lot in combinations or when resetting (seriously check out the punch Woodley caught him with or when Pettis floored him, his feet were almost parallel).

I think guys are less scared of his movement, techniques and striking pedigree/background and he's also older like 35? It's downward from here.

He was probably ahead on the scorecard against Pettis, and he was barely getting touched except for those leg kicks. He just got caught. It happens.

Back