Media Stephen Thompson: Shavkat Won't Stand & Bang: 'I Don't Think So'

Shavkat should just take him down instantly, then GnP:
* bada Bang *
* bada Bang *
And taunt Thompson "I  am banging you, I am banging you. "

I love Wonderboy, but he's straight pissing me off lately.
This is not kickboxing or Karate, and he has to get the fuck over that fact.

Why does everyone have to fight him where he's best?
I honestly hope Shavkat takes him down in the first 30 seconds and subs him.
Or wrestle fucks him and then knocks him out in the last round.

WonderBoi should just spam spinning hook kicks

I tend to agree with him. People forget but Shavkat only stood with Neal because he couldn't take him down. And he tried, he tried so hard and so many times, but Neal's TDD is very high level.

I think he will stand for periods of the fight, but he will definitely intend to mix it up and take the fight where WB is weak.

Just rewatched in case I had faulty memory. Confirmed what I thought.

Shav attempted 1 takedown in round 1, a trip, at 3:20 left of the round and Neal defended it w/in seconds and by 03:15 they were grappling. That's the only takedown Shav tried. There was about 90 seconds of back and forth body-locks against the fence. Early in the round and again mid-to-late round. But neither Neal nor Shav ever attempted a takedown against the cage in round 1.

By the end of round 1 Shav had landed 2 great high kicks, about 7 great knees to the body, and many big, clean punches.

He didn't stand w/ Neal "b/c he couldn't take him down" as you wrote. Perhaps the later rounds were different but round 1 proved to me Shav was totally fine standing. His takedown attempt time totaled approximately 3 seconds and he wrecked Neal on the feet in that round.

Here's the trip Shav attempted at 3:20. Defended very well by Neal on strength, balance, and technique as he had no help from the Cage.

1701729285894.png

I’m calling BS now. I bet Wonderboy didn’t sign until they had a gentlemen’s agreement to stand and strike. Lol

All fights start standing. And Stephen doesn't really stand and bang with people anyways.

Shavy will only bang if Sanko says so

If Thompson wants to bang I’m sure Shavkat will let him

Wonderboy is so lame. Why does he keep implying that his opponents are afraid to strike with him? It actually makes it seem more like HE's the one afraid, afraid that his opponents WON'T strike with him.

I'm kinda sick of his schtick. Can't remember the last time I actually watched him fight anyways.

If he wanted to stand and bang then he should he should have fought Gary. He would have had the whole world behind and fought somebody who matches his style. Instead he punked out, and about to get pretzeled up.

He might at times, fight most likely gets done on the ground, he doesnt have that many KO's in the UFC, Rakhmonov by sub.

I think he will stand and bang and I also see him getting the ko/tko

He might grapple him or he might just headkick WB into outer space.

Why does it sounds like WB whines all the time? Imagine if guys like Khabib were like "I know Conor won't want to wrestle with me". It just seems like he should jump into K1 or do fun fights against only stand up fighters. He keeps talking about a title shot, but in a division of wrestlers like WW, this is kind of wack.

Back