Media Sterling vs Cejudo official scorecards + media scorecards

This wasn't fucking close. I was rooting for Cejudo but Aljo clearly won that. I feel like commentators are told to pretend it's close in case of a robbery

FvgHYWPXsAEU6qb

OZQWUD7.jpg

I just heard in the Cejudo press conference every single media member tell Cejudo that they thought he won vs Aljo, several said including the Schmo they felt Cejudo won 4 rounds to 1. What fuck? Are they just extremely dishonest?

I thought Aljo had done enough to get the nod. Not a clear victory like some are claiming on here, but enough.

What does surprise me is that Derek Cleary gave round 5 to Aljo. I thought that was the clearest CCC round of the whole fight.

Firstly, a fight that was this close is not a robbery. A robbery would be giving Gilbert Burns the fight against Belal.

Secondly, round 5 was the clearest round of the fight, which Cejudo won. Cleary obviously made a mistake, which is common with judging in UFC, but that doesn't mean you flip that and give it to Cejudo.

Finally, I thought Cejudo won, those striking statistics are complete BS and he seemed to have much more ground control. The problem is that the scoring is subjective, not objective, so it depends on the feelings of a set of judges, who we have established are not very good. That is the problem.

I just heard in the Cejudo press conference every single media member tell Cejudo that they thought he won vs Aljo, several said including the Schmo they felt Cejudo won 4 rounds to 1. What fuck? Are they just extremely dishonest?

Media dishonest? Mate, review everything you know about the world, because it is based on the creativity of the powerful, who own the media, and lie about almost everything.

I thought Aljo had done enough to get the nod. Not a clear victory like some are claiming on here, but enough.

What does surprise me is that Derek Cleary gave round 5 to Aljo. I thought that was the clearest CCC round of the whole fight.

This. Was the same judge who gave it to benavidez too.

It was fuckin close ya goober. 1 round decided it on 90% of the scorecards. The 5th round was the decider. Odd that the judge that gave him the 5th did not give him the 2nd. Cejudo would won with that flip

An idea that came to mewas if they add an extra point for the most dominant round as a tie breaker. score the first, score the 2nd and was it more dominant or equal to the first. 3rd then scored and was it more then 1 or 2? repeat for 4 & 5.

People whined about Hendricks vs GSP being a robbery. As a SD it could have gone either way. 2 rounds clear as day for each fighter and 1 round razor thin that could go to either one. Yet the most dominant round was GSP's. He outlanded Hendricks 31-15 in significant strikes in the 3rd. How is that equal to Hendricks 10-9 for the 2nd (30-28) or 4th (18-14)?

I find it interesting also to ask who were you rooting for to begin with? Cejudo landed no Impactful shots relative to Sterling who was landing some clearly impactful shots. Its very hard to watch a fight as a fan and also judge the fight. I don't see giving Cejudo more than the 2nd round in any convincing way.
Not a bad idea tbh couple that with open scoring you could be on to something. Tbh I didn't care who won as I'm not a fan of either I just wanted violence and a brutal finish, so was disappointed in general. Cejudo sounds like he's done and won't be missed and Aljo has about one last chance to make me a fan if he is in fact facing O'Malley next. If he starches him might start to change my opinion on him otherwise for the love of the Just Bleed Gods we can't have him and Belal on the same card in the main/co-main slots of a PPV ever again.

Back