Sterling was absolutely pathetic

Thought Sterling did well. He has next to zero power, but made Yan work and barely let him set anything up. He had Yan dogshit tired.

Hard to consider him a real Champ though.

He had a serious nervous energy to him. Falling over himself, not pacing himself properly, throwing wild flashy shit when he was already slowing down etc etc. He was very lucky that Yan gave him that out.
Yea he put a pace he couldn’t keep against a guy who doesn’t tire and was constantly off balance. He kneeds to go back to the drawing board.

Yes. Because in whatever way fans try to twist it they won it in the cage and wasn’t handed to them after being beaten from post to post. Same goes for any fluke or one off wins like.
Bisping?

Kind of reminds me of the Weidman vs Mousasi ending, I guess Serra Longo teach their fighters to milk the rules.

That move was dirty on Yan’s part, but I just don’t see why he didn’t keep one hand on his head and pummel him with hooks with the other. Aljo survived Yan’s power because he was moving with the shots, and in this position he had nowhere to go

Imagine for a second that was a legal strike. You don't take 10 minutes to decide the fight is over, bring in the doctor, all that silly shit. I think Mark Smith didn't want the responsibility of handing over the world title on a DQ. In reality, that should've been a DQ right away without putting so much of it on Sterling

Based on Sterling's mannerisms and the fact he was crying, I believe he thought he had lost and he was surprised when they put the belt on him

Got his fucking ass whooped, spent half the fight panic wrestling and throwing wild strikes. As soon as he found a way out because he was going to get killed in there he did some very bad acting saying that he's "dizzy" while he was just lying down panting on the canvas like a bitch. Absolutely pathetic and disgraceful and terrible decision of the UFC.

How is that even a downed strike? He was clearly standing up. Fucking stupid.
clearly standing up? Might want to get your eyes checked.

Maybe if Yan hadn't cheated none of this wouldn't have happened. Losing the title seems like a good punishment, clearly Aljo was rocked and if it continued he would have got KO'd.

So what, yan was destroying sterling prior to the knee. Who wants to see a rematch when they know sterling had absolutely nothing going against yan. Hes going to be a huge underdog coming into the rematch as the champ and if he loses again hes basically done.

Yes. Because in whatever way fans try to twist it they won it in the cage and wasn’t handed to them after being beaten from post to post. Same goes for any fluke or one off wins like.
Pillar to post? A bit revisionist given one judge had him ahead and the other 2 judges both gave him a round Yan was clearly winning but post to post seems excessive. GDR did her best work against Holm after the bell, twice, wasn't docked a point for blatant cheating and still won a highly controversial decision, add on top of that she took the fight with Holm knowing full well she was never going to fight Cyborg if she won. Only way Aljo can get into that convo is if he flat out refuses a rematch with Yan and either chases a money fight like TJ or Cejduo or changes weight class.

Lol 'clearly standing up'. Delusional.

I do agree Sterling was acting though. But who gives a fuck? Throwing a knee like that you 100% deserve to get DQ'd.

Was that a headbutt before?

So what, knees to a downed opponent should be legal now? Fuck that shit. Fighters get one free nut shot and one free eyepoke because of the stupid rules, now add a free knee to the face on a downed opponent. What's next? A free soccer kick? A free headbutt?

Yan screwed up. He paid for it. He absolutely didn't have to even think about attempting that knee. The ref should've called it off a minute after the knee. How is a fighter supposed to continue in such a case? 4th round, getting tired, eating a illegal knee - "Oh, there is a point reduction, let's continue".

Last edited:
Back