Sterling was absolutely pathetic

Dominick Reyes said it best. I've seen people recover faster from actually being KOd.

Like it or not he IS your new king OP. Now bow!
aljamain-sterling-belt.jpg

Absolutely. What a bitch and a bitch move. Its so pathetic when fighters try and fail miserably to act. Reminded me of bitch Koschek back in the day, going for the bitch DQ win. Truly pathetic and the thinnest of paper champs there ever was.

lol how are you standing up if you're on one knee? That's the position you're in when you're told to take a knee. No one should continue to fight after being concussed like that by an illegal blow. And as others (including the commentary team) have said, that should've been an immediate DQ. Really stupid to make the fighter choose in that situation.

With that said, the downed knee rule is shit and needs to go.

Perfect example of an opponent skating on the edge and abusing the rules to not get nailed while in a vulnerable position.

Sterling was on both feet and clearly wasn’t in a downed position. The balls of his feet were on the mat even if he had a knee barely brushing the canvas.

This rule needs to be scrapped. I doubt Yan “intentionally” did this. Looks like he was waiting for the split second Sterlings knee came off the mat.

Love his style the first guy winning a title by getting KOed
Fucking pussy he’s getting cut after Petr will destroy him again in the rematch but this time aljos won’t be able to show his acting skills since he will be unconscious

They were both stupid imho : one for fighting with poor iq and emptying his gas tank with pathetic Td attempts and spinning shit, the other for not controlling his weapons in a fight he was getting the egde on. None of them deserves to be the champion.
Also, fuck Longo Serra with their shitty cornering : how in hell is it complicated to tell your fighter to pace himself and set the fuck up his td with strikes and stop playing ballerina?
Yeah both fighters made bizarre tactical decisions (Aljo throughout the fight and Yan, not to be outdone, spectacularly right at the end). Gf and I were sitting there confused as fuck lol

Lol 'clearly standing up'. Delusional.

I do agree Sterling was acting though. But who gives a fuck? Throwing a knee like that you 100% deserve to get DQ'd.

a rule like that that leads to the loser becoming champion is disgraceful

It's Yan's fault for throwing an irrefutably illegal strike.

Everyone knows Yan is an unquestionably superior fighter, now, but he also unquestionably earned his DQ. Stop whining.
Yup as much as I like Yan and dislike Sterling, it is what it is.

Jesus Sherdog fans are some whiny internet trolls. For people who watch such a manly sport there’s sure a bunch of estrogen.

a rule like that that leads to the loser becoming champion is disgraceful
Rules are rules. Do you prefer the champion to win in a disgraceful manner? Yan deserved to get disqualified.

Even if that's true, it was impossible to know that at the time. Right thing happened.

Frankly, I wouldn't be too mad if Yan was suspended for something like that. That shit was wild, and in a championship fight? Made the UFC look really bad.
Suspended? That seems harsh ..... Yan is a beast and needs to be fighting ASAP

Love his style the first guy winning a title by getting KOed
Fucking pussy he’s getting cut after Petr will destroy him again in the rematch but this time aljos won’t be able to show his acting skills since he will be unconscious
"Getting cut"
Lmfao wishful thinking hes on a 7 fight win streak after his rematch with Yan, UFC isn't cutting their batnamweight king and then after Dillishaw gets the belt back its a gaurentee that Yan will never be champion again, he will move down the rankings and get owned by garbrandt and be a one hit wonder its all down here for missing vowle boy now. WAR ALJAMIN

Sterling definitely had that spaced out concussed look in his eyes..thats life shortening damage

Yan forfeited his belt via stupidity

just imagine. 2021: aljomain sterling is a ufc champ and kamala harris is potus. and everyone better act like they achieved something or else.

That was a clear foul. An intentional one too.

I agree with stopping the fight but to crown Aljo as champ is pathetic

Back