Steroid Use was RAMPANT in Pride FC | The HJR Experiment

Steriod use was rampant in the UFC while PRIDE existed too... queue juicy Mark Kerr and no neck Vitor Belfort

Dunno about his Pride days, but it’s definitely documented Rampage used TRT before the Bader fight when it was legal. Testosterone is a steroid, so yes Rampage used steroids at one point in his career.

Yeah, I love how all of these 30 year old people who fight for a living try and claim they're "low test" and need TRT. Well, you're probably low test because you've been doing steroids for years, guys. It was funny how when they all came over from Pride, a bunch of Americans just started getting TRT exemptions so they all could continue to use.

This is a shocking revelation

It's ridiculous to me that you can't juice in professional sports, especially one where the object is to seriously injure your opponent, as if feigning concern over health is a legitimate excuse. I want to see the longest homeruns in baseball and craziest jams in basketball. I want to see a 265 lb Brock Lesnar do flying knees with a 40 in + vertical.

The UFC was at its peak when USADA was implemented. It has never been the same since. People hate Jones for steroids while forgetting the entire sport before USADA looked like muscled action figures. The good ol days

it's funny how people pretend that the same shit isn't going on now. like steroid tests have remained exactly the same for 30+ years now. like chemical compounds can't be figured out, altered, and deceived on what is essentially the equivalent of a lie detector test. like there aren't scientists right now who understand the game, know people in the industry, and know how to actively beat these tests. yea these physiques are all completely normal for 30+ year olds, just ignore the occasional droopy tit. yea it's totally a clean sport now, these fighters just train 2-3 times a day, eat their chickens/vegetables/ take some whey protein concentrate and are good to go. you have the players who can afford the scientists, the teams in the industry, who know how to beat the industry approved tests, then you have the lower level guys who still get busted for SARMS like ostarine, MK677, and "TaInTeD SuPpPlEm3NtS" etc. to crap on Pride and think that Pride was this free for all of convicts and ignore the same time period UFC, and even modern day UFC is hilarious. You think Jon Jones is the only one? He has a whole team of support behind him. You think he's just reading shit on ironlife and figuring this out by himself? You think Nate Diaz really has no clue what Jake Shields / Giblert Mendelez was doing? When they train every day for hours at a time together? You think they part ways after the bell rings on the mat, never to speak or see each other again? the sport is still dirty, USADA is an acronym to get casual masses to believe, and one droopy tit is just normal. hmmmmmmmmmm.
Blaming Jones for all things steroid is problematic and stenches of a casual trying to fit in. Whomever your favorite 3 active fighters are rest assured there is a juicer 2 or 3 involved. Name your favorite 3 past fighters. Probably every last one just iced

Blaming Jones for all things steroid is problematic and stenches of a casual trying to fit in. Whomever your favorite 3 active fighters are rest assured there is a juicer 2 or 3 involved. Name your favorite 3 past fighters. Probably every last one just iced
i just assume they all are and then i realize its cage fighting and then i dont care

DC was innocent, even before USADA:
<WhatItIs>

UFC 182

If they see a deviation in the T/E ratio of greater than 30 percent, there is something up. That’s a red flag,” Conte explained. “If you look at Daniel [Cormier’s] two ratios, they were .42 and .47; that’s about an eight percent deviation. If you look at the numbers for Jon Jones, his was basically an 80 percent deviation. His is suspicious and Daniel Cormier’s is not. It’s not just that he’s got very low [testosterone] levels, much lower than Daniel. Daniel’s are normal, his are extremely low.”

Cormier’s T/E ratios were 0.40:1 and 0.48:1, while his testosterone levels were 50 ng/mL and 70 ng/mL.

“These are highly suspicious for Jon Jones, in my opinion,” Conte said. “This is the reason that sophisticated anti-doping officials do target testing. So based on what we see here, my opinion is Jon Jones should be on a very short leash and should be random tested here until they sort out why he has these anomalies.”

NSAC head Bob Bennett also stated "There's no problem with Daniel"

Too bad you don't know of what you're talking about : they were still tested by state athletic commissions.

Obviously, those controls are from being as stringent as those of USADA, but it's still better than nothing.

Meanwhile Pride was a complete circus show. No wonder Fedor got destroyed by average competition once out of Japan, even without having to deal with USADA <seedat>
Pride & UFC was a circus show at that time. You had Randy dropping down to LHW and beating top dogs, he wasn't clean either LOL. EVERYWHERE WAS THE CIRCUS. AND STILL IS.

It was not against the rules. So what's the problem? I care if fighters are cheating, they were not.

This! Case closed. It was a LEVEL playing field. Nobody was sleazing around USADA and juicing while their opponents tested clean. Nobody hid underneath anything for hours trying to avoid testers.

“B.. Bu.. But Fedor didn’t have testing in Japan!!” :rolleyes: Yep! And neither did his opponents either.

Don't "bring back IVs" to guys can "rehydrate properly". Have day-of weigh-ins. That's actually more healthy for the fighter and once implemented would drastically decrease weight-cutting issues, ailments, and last-minute pull-outs. Professional athletes with their bank check on the line wouldn't be "dying" on the day-of to make it to a weight-class that they can only maintain for a couple of minutes/hours before needing to IV re-hydrate or gain back 10, 15, or 20+ lbs of lost water in a 24-hour period.

fair point

If PEDS are legalized the camps with the best medical staff would dominate. The less informed fighters with little money would not stand a chance. Fighters with money would have a huge advantage, PED regiments are expensive. Of course PEDS do not guarantee success but they make a huge difference. Many Sherdoggers have no idea the difference PEDS make in nearly every aspect of MMA. See Ben Johnson (speed), Lance Armstrong, (endurance/strength), Barry Bonds (Power) ....this list goes on and on.

Imagine your kid or brother getting called up to the UFC only to get hurt badly by an opponent on a full PED regiment.

Having your favorite older fighters fighting on TRT exemptions just increases their chance of CRT.

fair points. Then there should be PED studies guslusm. The UFC should provide everyone with an equal supply of peds and test for anything that exceeds those limits.

Do you appreciate these apples?

Old news. Common knowledge. But let’s be real, it’s not cheating if everyone’s using.

that said, I miss when guys used PED’s. At least TRT. I mean, props to guys who wanted to prove a point by fighting clean, but idk why you wouldn’t want to max out your physical potential before combat.

bring back IV’s so guys can rehydrate fully. That reduces the likelihood of traumatic brain injuries and concussions. Let the old guys get their TRT exemptions so they can give us a few more great fights. Let the young guys get by with tainted creatine.

We got robbed of TRT Vitor’s best years. And I think Anderson would’ve done a bit better in his last few fights.

Maybe I’m just being selfish. Maybe I’m just in favor of the older guys because they have all the knowledge and skill….it just sucks that their bodies can’t keep up.

in the end, I wanna see guys maxed out. Steroids aren’t even a guarantee. They’re just an enhancer. Conor juices (allegedly…please no yellows). Conor still couldn’t beat Dustin.

Trt vitor lost to Silva. Marquardt lost to Silva. Giant Silva lost to hunt.

PED’s don’t guarantee success. So why not just regulate the use instead of banning it altogether? Let the old guys extend their careers. Let the young guys max out.

sheesh. What a ridiculous rant. Still gonna post it. Lmao

To be fair that wasn't TRT Vitor against Silva, he got on it after that and Anderson got busted for steroids himself.

Vitor looked pretty natural weighing in Vs Anderson

vitor-belfort-5.jpg

Compared to TRT Vitor.
belfort_TRT_crop_north.jpg

If PEDS are legalized the camps with the best medical staff would dominate. The less informed fighters with little money would not stand a chance. Fighters with money would have a huge advantage, PED regiments are expensive. Of course PEDS do not guarantee success but they make a huge difference. Many Sherdoggers have no idea the difference PEDS make in nearly every aspect of MMA. See Ben Johnson (speed), Lance Armstrong, (endurance/strength), Barry Bonds (Power) ....this list goes on and on.

Imagine your kid or brother getting called up to the UFC only to get hurt badly by an opponent on a full PED regiment.

Having your favorite older fighters fighting on TRT exemptions just increases their chance of CRT.
Right, and not only that, but when it is illegal, those with money can also afford a team of doctors and medical facilities to properly cycle and not get caught (like Lance Armstong).

I wonder with Reem- he was not on the amount of roids like when he was Ubereem, but he was still on roids the whole time. Why else would he suddenly shrink when he retired? He must have had medical help to get away with it for that long.

Funny case with Reem because he was skinny in Pride; he didn't roid out and get huge until later. And he wasn't that good of a LHW in Pride- which really shows the difference in roids when he did fairly well competing in the UFC as a HW.

Some people think Fedor was natural because he is not looking like a terminator

DC was innocent, even before USADA:
<WhatItIs>

UFC 182

If they see a deviation in the T/E ratio of greater than 30 percent, there is something up. That’s a red flag,” Conte explained. “If you look at Daniel [Cormier’s] two ratios, they were .42 and .47; that’s about an eight percent deviation. If you look at the numbers for Jon Jones, his was basically an 80 percent deviation. His is suspicious and Daniel Cormier’s is not. It’s not just that he’s got very low [testosterone] levels, much lower than Daniel. Daniel’s are normal, his are extremely low.”

Cormier’s T/E ratios were 0.40:1 and 0.48:1, while his testosterone levels were 50 ng/mL and 70 ng/mL.

“These are highly suspicious for Jon Jones, in my opinion,” Conte said. “This is the reason that sophisticated anti-doping officials do target testing. So based on what we see here, my opinion is Jon Jones should be on a very short leash and should be random tested here until they sort out why he has these anomalies.”

NSAC head Bob Bennett also stated "There's no problem with Daniel"
What the hell does that mean in regards to what I said whatsoever lol?

Back