STEVEN SPIELBERG & JOHN WILLIAMS: Celebrating 50 Years of Collaboration

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

The Legacy of John Williams presents a special video tribute to the historic collaboration between director Steven Spielberg and composer John Williams, whom this year celebrate their 50th anniversary of friendship.

Since their first meeting in 1972, the duo has worked together on 29 feature films, including such beloved titles as JAWS, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL, JURASSIC PARK, SCHINDLER'S LIST, and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN. The diversity and variety of their work, in addition to its astounding volume and duration, make the partnership the longest and most successful collaboration between a film director and a composer in the history of cinema.

This tribute video features quotes from Spielberg and Williams taken from interviews over the years, footage from the scoring sessions and a few excerpts from every film they made together. It's a gift to all Steven Spielberg/John Williams fans and admirers and it's dedicated to both director and composer, whose artistry continues to enchant, captivate and inspire generations of film lovers around the world.

John Williams music was the best part of all the movies especially Return of the Jedi and the prequels.

great music, great films. Although, I prefer james Horner over John Williams
I like both a lot. Add Jerry Goldsmith to the list. He was an all time great too. And Silvestri. And Elfman. And Zimmer.

It's a bummer that certain directors never worked with certain composers. Like Spielberg + Goldsmith, Cameron + Williams, or any combination of Spielberg/Cameron/Scorsese/Fincher/Nolan w/ Williams/Goldsmith/Horner/Silvestri/Elfman/Zimmer (that haven't already worked together).

Williams is the best movie composer of all time for me.

Hans Zimmer is a second

Williams is an absolute legend.

It’s one epic score after another.

As many excellent ones as he has done for Steven’s films, I think my all-time favorite of his was the Richard Donner Superman. Classic.

It's too bad he's right at the end.

The Legacy of John Williams presents a special video tribute to the historic collaboration between director Steven Spielberg and composer John Williams, whom this year celebrate their 50th anniversary of friendship.

Since their first meeting in 1972, the duo has worked together on 29 feature films, including such beloved titles as JAWS, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL, JURASSIC PARK, SCHINDLER'S LIST, and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN. The diversity and variety of their work, in addition to its astounding volume and duration, make the partnership the longest and most successful collaboration between a film director and a composer in the history of cinema.

This tribute video features quotes from Spielberg and Williams taken from interviews over the years, footage from the scoring sessions and a few excerpts from every film they made together. It's a gift to all Steven Spielberg/John Williams fans and admirers and it's dedicated to both director and composer, whose artistry continues to enchant, captivate and inspire generations of film lovers around the world.

it is so bizarre that this mentions all those films but leaves out the most famous collaboration which was the first stars wars movies

Does Williams leak the ending of Indiana Jones 5 in that interview?

Back