Stipe absorbed 162 significant strikes to the head, DC 86.

Dc has such a annoying striking where instead of using head movement n speed to get inside, he plays hand grabbing to land a punch n in most cases ends up on the receiving end of other guys punches

i was surprised how much stipe was getting hit, thought that any second now hes going down. literally no head moving,shitty footwork ,got hit from every angle so easy
Yeah there were a couple of moments in the fight that looked like DC had Stipe pretty rocked, and one or two more strong follow up shots would have put him down. However Stipe weathered the storm, but damn was he getting pieced up by a short fat old guy.

I feel like that Marrera could have a chance against this Stipe.

lol @ people downplaying Stipe's performance by calling DC an old fat guy, and the likes. This "old fat guy" was in serious contention for GOAT hw a day ago.

No shit Stipe had his difficulties.

Stipe wasnt concerned with DC's power. He stood infront of him pretty much flat footed looking for an opening to land something big. DC was good at moving away from his strikes so he targetted the largest part of DC's body to set it up.

Doubt Stipe would fight anyone else as badly defensively as he did last night.

Only the results matter, all the holes that were exposed/exploited don't matter. Just the result. Anderson Silva doesn't have a problem with wrestlers, he submitted Chael. It doesnt matter that he got taken down and beaten up, out grappled, outstruck. He won so thats all that matters.

The only person to beat him by wrestling really is Cormier so you are correct.

The only person to beat him by wrestling really is Cormier so you are correct.

You don't actually train any combat sports, do you?

That, or this is a pathetic attempt at grasping straws for saying something so stupid.

You don't actually train any combat sports, do you?

That, or this is a pathetic attempt at grasping straws for saying something so stupid.

I sure don't. Doesn't change that Anderson worked on his weakness in that area and never really lost by wrestling except up a weight. Oh and he had knee surgeries after the Sonnen fight so perhaps that played a role.

In terms of the Stipe fight all I'm saying is he recognized he was losing and adapted and found something that worked. That's fighting for you. If you can hang in there and are dangerous like Stipe always is you got a chance.

I sure don't. Doesn't change that Anderson worked on his weakness in that area and never really lost by wrestling except up a weight. Oh and he had knee surgeries after the Sonnen fight so perhaps that played a role.

In terms of the Stipe fight all I'm saying is he recognized he was losing and adapted and found something that worked. That's fighting for you. If you can hang in there and are dangerous like Stipe always is you got a chance.

I stopped reading after the first sentence. You can look to pick up the pieces of your painfully stupid statement all you want. You're one of those "i know mma so well because i watch it on tv" guys.

If what you originally said was true, than the sport of MMA wouldn't have evolved into what it is today. Same for almost any combat sport. Basically it wouldn't exist because it completely contradicts the sport. Cringing hard

Ehh... congrats for Stipe for pulling it off. Lets see if he can do what DC has done later in his career.

I stopped reading after the first sentence. You can look to pick up the pieces of your painfully stupid statement all you want. You're one of those "i know mma so well because i watch it on tv" guys.

If what you originally said was true, than the sport of MMA wouldn't have evolved into what it is today. Same for almost any combat sport. Basically it wouldn't exist because it completely contradicts the sport. Cringing hard

Lol okay Mr. Badass weekend gym warrior. You ain't shit and nobody has or will have ever heard of you.

Ofc it can matter, depending what you are talking about. For example, had Stipe dominated DC 4 rounds before KOing him, he would be a massive favorite in a possible third fight. But since the fight went like it did, the lines in the third fight will probably be close to even. So it does matter and therefore is worth talking about, don't be so simple minded.

Sarcasm. Dont be so simple minded

Lol okay Mr. Badass weekend gym warrior. You ain't shit and nobody has or will have ever heard of you.

Impressive thing to say anonymously on the internet.

So this is you accepting what you said is stupid as hell? I thought you'd embarress yourself alot less. You just let me know when you want to reply to what i said.

lol @ people downplaying Stipe's performance by calling DC an old fat guy, and the likes. This "old fat guy" was in serious contention for GOAT hw a day ago.

No shit Stipe had his difficulties.

Agreed, DC was elite at multiple weight classes. There are other dangerous fighters at HW, but there's not another DC.

Dc has such a annoying striking where instead of using head movement n speed to get inside, he plays hand grabbing to land a punch n in most cases ends up on the receiving end of other guys punches
In the fight I saw, DC had to hand fight. Stipe is long. 8" reach advantage. This is the same game He played against Jon and Gus.

Idk who’s crying more dc fans or dc in his post fight interview

Cheater got what he deserved

War stipe

Back