Stipe ate about 15 of that same right hand that knocked him out in the first fight

That's because the first fight was a fluke and we know that without question now.

It wasn’t a fluke that a hard punch that DC hit Stipe over and over for 10 rounds ago knocked him out once. Stipe’s Defense is terrible.

giphy.gif

STFU
The irony is if he had thrown a jab he could have connected with the right as well.. Cormier leans forward because of the eyepoke.

Stipe took the first fight too fast after the Nganuu fight, his chin was compromised after he rested he was fine.

It wasn’t a fluke that a hard punch that DC hit Stipe over and over for 10 rounds ago knocked him out once. Stipe’s Defense is terrible.

I know right?

He somehow hit with him with it many more times without any effect, but it wasn't a fluke a the first time....

I refuse to believe anyone is the dumb....

just has a good chin. the dude wouldnt be champ without it. his defense is horrible.
No it isn’t, it’s really good. Ask any other striker he’s fought. He has flaws like anyone else

He saw it coming this time and made them glance off or braced for it. They didn’t land flush this time.

Cormier didnt tear Stipe's cornea while Stipe did.It should be even IMO
Stipe’s injury was far worse, it was retinal and required surgery. A corneal abrasion can happen from a punch so there’s no telling if the poke caused that injury, especially considering Cormier’s eye was already clearly damaged after the end of the second round when he was nearly finished, before the poke.

In conclusion, Cormier’s pokes were larger in number, caused more physical damage and more significantly effected fights than Stipe’s.

When it's not meant to be it's not meant to be.
It's the damage he took from Francis, his head wasn't healthy the 1st fight. By the 2nd and 3rd fight he can eat dc shots all day.
Jones could find himself heavyweight champion in a similar situation if Stipe vs ngannou 2 he gets touched but wins, then turns around too fast for jon.

There's two ways to beat Stipe. Hit his button like Struve and DC1 which seems to be very hard to find. Or go to absolute war and grind out a victory like JDS1 which i don't think any of the current HW's can do, including JDS.

Last edited:
They say the strike you don't see/know is coming are the most dangerous. He sure got peppered that night

Back