Stipe is actually a bad matchup for Jones

Don't know how Stipe will handle the leg kicks or wrestling. Sure Jones chin could be tested, but Jones will probably have better cardio. Also they are both basically similar sized, Stipe is a smaller HW. Also you guys aren't mentioning how Stipe has turned into less of a KO artist and more for points and attrition. I think Jones is better and younger in all areas besides power and his chin is better than people give him credit for.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLX
Don't know how Stipe will handle the leg kicks or wrestling. Sure Jones chin could be tested, but Jones will probably have better cardio. Also they are both basically similar sized, Stipe is a smaller HW.
I'd like to see how Jones cardio holds up as a heavyweight in his first fight though. Gonna be crazy to see Jones do his spinning back kick

I always thought Stipe was a bad matchup for Jones, especially back in 2017/2018 where he was in his prime.
Now though? Idk how he's gonna look when he comes back.
Stipe has been KO'd twice since then(DC and Ngannou), gone through two hard fights with DC, past his prime with a ton mileage, hasn't been active and is turning 40 in a few months.

Jones hasn't looked that great either in his last few fights and is past his prime IMO.
He's also been inactive and we've never seen him at heavyweight.

This is a very difficult fight to predict due to all the variables, that being said I think I'll pick Stipe by decision or late TKO.

Not to mention Jones will also have to grapple a hw, which is more exhausting in and of itself.
His height helped out a lot in grappling in 205, especially against the likes of DC because how tall he is. Can't wait to see him at heavyweight

So crazy that this fight is happening. Jones said he was moving up when Stipe beat DC for the third time. When Ngannou became the champ, he was suddenly "show me the money". "15 million or no fight".

Now that the original fight with Stipe came back (who is now 40 years old), Jones is suddenly happy to fight again. And the money thing? Nah. He doesn't want that much money anymore. He fights because of his love for the sport now!!

Hard for Jones for those reasons.
Jones will likely hit and run and clinch when he's cornered.
Don't know what kind of power hw Jones has but he can volume a decision.

I think Jon might be able to win in the clinch and do some fucking judo throws or some bullshit like that to get stipe down

You all are crazy. I can’t stand Jones, but he’s going to handle Stipe with little problem. I’ll gladly eat my words if I’m wrong. In fact, I’ll be the happiest guy on the planet if I’m wrong. Jones is too versatile and has very good defense. Stipe will not outland him on the feet, mark my words.

Jones plateaued years ago but with Sipe's milage and inactivity, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones continue his Benson Henderson era of barely scraping by on volume of strikes and failed takedowns to win by controversial decision.

Back