Stipe looking to fight someone “that he has not beaten before;” Cormier responds

Stipe is being lame.

Cormier flatlined him the first fight and was dominating 95% of the second fight.

Stipe is not as good a fighter and this is a duck.

DC would have taken the Brock fight if he had the chance. Can't blame him for that.

But if Stipe can now make more fighting someone else he has earned the right to.

He also took that joke of a defense vs Beast as well.

daniel was given the LHW title, given a HW title shot, given the title despite his cheating and given an opportunity at brock, and then given a free title defense before he 'gave' stipe his rightful rematch

cormier doesnt deserve shit, he might get it next, he might have to wait. who cares. he doesnt deserve anything. most overrated career of all time
/THREAD

Stipe should fight Blaydes. Blaydes looks like a badass thats a good fight.

I find it odd that DC went for the eyepokes when he never attempted it beforehand.

we know you are a Jones boy but what if DC beats stipe again? what will be your excuse then?
im not a 'jones boy' if im a fan of anybody in this equation its stipe and the rest are whatever to me.

i hate PED abusers too

Stipe was such a whiney douchebag after the loss to dc he refused to fight anybody else for like a year even after getting finished. I hope the UFC forces him to rematch or strip him dude doesn't get to call the shots

so the passengers are already dead?

and any idea on what would be that "something" or "someone"? i'm really curious about this story

daniel was given the LHW title, given a HW title shot, given the title despite his cheating and given an opportunity at brock, and then given a free title defense before he 'gave' stipe his rightful rematch

cormier doesnt deserve shit, he might get it next, he might have to wait. who cares. he doesnt deserve anything. most overrated career of all time
based off of no clear number one contender that Stipe has not beat already along with the facts that A) Stipe got KTFO bad and quick in their first fight and B) was for sure losing that second fight until DC got stupid.....these reasons alone = rematch and Im not a huge fan of either dude and/or a fan of rematches unless warranted thru close fights or long reigns...this situation falls into the close fight category......they need to stop bickering over pointless shit...get this fight done and over as soon as Stipe can and then move on ...let DC move on with his out of cage life

This is not remotely true.

DC didn't give Stipe anything. He flat out said he didn't want the rematch and took a completely pointless gimmie fight with Derrick Lewis of all people. He then sat on the shelf waiting for Brock Lesnar - a guy who was coming off a no-contest PEDS suspension and years of inactivity.

Stipe was only granted a rematch because the Brock fight fell through.

DC egregiously poked Stipe in the eye in BOTH fights, this last one requiring surgery. He got over taken and systematically broken down to a TKO, this isn't a fight that requires a rematch. Stipe doesn't owe DC anything, and I'm a big fan of DC.
Stipe only HAD to be "Granted" a TS because he refused to fight anyone for a year until they granted it to him...had he KO'd a fool or two or got a little momentum behind him ....they wouldnt have been able to deny him that TS, he would have come off better to the fanbase and he just may have not been as rusty as he was and performed better in the rematch ((Despite obviously winning in the end))

in the end ....Cormier is on the step of retirement, Stipe was given the rematch.....if DC walks away and doesnt come back then no trilogy ever, I understand the distate the eye pokes must have left Stipe with concerning the injury he has been working thru since the rematch but ....its pretty much now or never and neither of the first fights were boring...in fact exactly the opposite ....so as a fan of fights I want to see them do it again and establish the tie breaker....

as it is now ....Stipe looks like one of those people that won something and now refuses to ever risk losing it ((to that same opponent)) by declining the challenge......they are 1 fight apiece, he should want to clear this up ....he should be chomping at the bit .......is that not how it is for all of you when competing in some form of contest(s) that result in 1match/win apiece for each contestant? tie breakers are needed.....things must be decided......there can be only one

Stipe can duck DC but he can't duck Francis after he beats Rozenstruijk.

Francis will this time KO that chinny so called HW goat :D

Fresh matchups my ass

DC Bless
Ngannou Bless
Khabib Bless

Sherdog is so full of sensitive snowflakes that they actually hate an All American good family man like Daniel Cormier.
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Those CRIMINAL eye surgeries - it is not even an eye poke anymore, he made it to evolve -, DEFINITELY, say otherwise. He is not only a "good family man" as you said, once he is "a little more" dirty than that.

Last edited:
DC dirty as fuck with those nasty ass fingers of his. Wash your hands and ball up your fists son. He's short, bald, and fat but sure as hell aint no Curly.

I totally hear what you’re saying. And don’t disagree. But I do feel like with Daniels relationship with Dana and all he does for the ufc, combined with the rift that stipe had with the promotion prior to signing his latest contract, that the ufc is going to strong arm him into taking the Cormier rematch. I could be wrong, but I see the ufc forcing stipes hand.

Why is stipe such a crybaby ? DC gave him a rematch after knocking him out in the 1st... Francis And Jaerzinho are fighting for the contender spot, there is no other fight out there.

I totally hear what you’re saying. And don’t disagree. But I do feel like with Daniels relationship with Dana and all he does for the ufc, combined with the rift that stipe had with the promotion prior to signing his latest contract, that the ufc is going to strong arm him into taking the Cormier rematch. I could be wrong, but I see the ufc forcing stipes hand.
Not unlikely and I really don’t care. As long as the referee takes care to watch for eye pokes it doesn’t matter to me. DC has a case, winner of francis/rozenstruik has a case, hell id even listen to Blaydes make his case.

I just want defenses

I used to think Stipe was a down to earth guy when he first came to UFC, but the more and more I saw of his personality.. I saw that he is such a whiner and complainer, its very hard to understand what he is saying, but dig deep into the mumbling and babbling and its just whine after whine . Bored of it.

It's only fair to give DC the rubber match, and make it a trilogy. If there was ever a fight that deserved a trilogy, it's this one. Do the right thing, Stipe, and give the man his rematch.

In the step of retirement, Stipe was given the rematch..

This is a distortion of the truth.

He was flatly denied a rematch despite being the clear candidate.

based off of no clear number one contender that Stipe has not beat already along with the facts that A) Stipe got KTFO bad and quick in their first fight and B) was for sure losing that second fight until DC got stupid.....these reasons alone = rematch and Im not a huge fan of either dude and/or a fan of rematches unless warranted thru close fights or long reigns...this situation falls into the close fight category......they need to stop bickering over pointless shit...get this fight done and over as soon as Stipe can and then move on ...let DC move on with his out of cage life

Stipe only HAD to be "Granted" a TS because he refused to fight anyone for a year until they granted it to him...had he KO'd a fool or two or got a little momentum behind him ....they wouldnt have been able to deny him that TS, he would have come off better to the fanbase and he just may have not been as rusty as he was and performed better in the rematch ((Despite obviously winning in the end))

in the end ....Cormier is on the step of retirement, Stipe was given the rematch.....if DC walks away and doesnt come back then no trilogy ever, I understand the distate the eye pokes must have left Stipe with concerning the injury he has been working thru since the rematch but ....its pretty much now or never and neither of the first fights were boring...in fact exactly the opposite ....so as a fan of fights I want to see them do it again and establish the tie breaker....

as it is now ....Stipe looks like one of those people that won something and now refuses to ever risk losing it ((to that same opponent)) by declining the challenge......they are 1 fight apiece, he should want to clear this up ....he should be chomping at the bit .......is that not how it is for all of you when competing in some form of contest(s) that result in 1match/win apiece for each contestant? tie breakers are needed.....things must be decided......there can be only one
So much for saying DC was winning till he got stupid and thats why he deserves a rematch.
Well how about i say Stipe was stupid to not go to body in both fights way earlier?
See how stupid that sounds?, you're clearly a biased DC fan and theres no way around it.
"Oh DC should win because the only times he lost was because he got stupid"
Well no one forced him to fight stupid it was his choice.

This is not remotely true.

DC didn't give Stipe anything. He flat out said he didn't want the rematch and took a completely pointless gimmie fight with Derrick Lewis of all people. He then sat on the shelf waiting for Brock Lesnar - a guy who was coming off a no-contest PEDS suspension and years of inactivity.

Stipe was only granted a rematch because the Brock fight fell through.

DC egregiously poked Stipe in the eye in BOTH fights, this last one requiring surgery. He got over taken and systematically broken down to a TKO, this isn't a fight that requires a rematch. Stipe doesn't owe DC anything, and I'm a big fan of DC.
Stipe Miocic did not want to fight DC at UFC 230. The Lewis vs Cormier fight was made on short notice because Dustin Poirier pulled out of his fight with Nate Diaz and there were rumblings that an injury would force Luke Rockhold to withdraw from his rematch with Chris Weidman. The UFC originally wanted to move Valentina Shevchenko vs Joanna Jędrzejczyk for the vacant flyweight championship from UFC 231 to serve as the new headliner for 230. Joanna balked at the idea so the 230 main event, for a short time, became Valentina vs Sijara Eubanks for the 125 lb strap. Realizing that wouldn't cut it for an event at Madison Square Garden, the UFC needed a better headliner. Yes DC was waiting for a fight with Brock Lesnar, but the UFC needed a fight, he stepped up, and Derrick Lewis was the best opponent willing to take the fight on short notice. DC vs Lewis may have been a gimmie, but it wasn't pointless.

Back