Rumored Stipe Miocic: Jon Jones Fight WILL Happen In November At Madison Square Garden

Yeah we already knew this. They tried to get him to fight Aspinall at UFC 300 and Stipe was like "nah fuck that".

Also told everybody Jones wouldn't come back before the end of the year. I'm pretty sure he's actually getting enjoyment from purposely stalling the division and fucking everybody over. Dude is scum of the earth.

Stipe has basically been retired for 4 years, he's only accepting a fight that was offered him. This is on Jones and the UFC for enabling him.

I won't speak for anyone else but personally, I can't fucking wait for that HW unification bout in 2025. Only about another year to go!
And with that time frame, just leaves Jones ample time to fuck up in his personal life again and delay all fights with him indefinitely.

I have to wonder at this point HOW MANY BULLION TRUCKS the UFC has promised to deliver to Miocic and to Jones for this fight.

I feel it's prob 5 to 10million each guaranteed, plus a share of the PPV revenue.
I mean it's a massive payday and I think that's why they're both just chilling out and waiting til it happens.
And why? I honestly don't think this fight is a huge PPV mover at this point. I mean, I could be wrong about that but I just don't see it.

I won't speak for anyone else but personally, I can't fucking wait for that HW unification bout in 2025. Only about another year to go!
I don't see it ever happening. Jones beats Stipe and retires. He'll get the itch again a la GSP vs. Bisping if someone unexpectedly wins the belt who he views as a favorable match up.

Same with Gane <lol>
Yeah another current gen guy.

As sad as it is, casuals will respect Jones for beating Stipe more than Gane even if he's totally washed and hobbles his way to the octagon with a zimmer frame.

And why? I honestly don't think this fight is a huge PPV mover at this point. I mean, I could be wrong about that but I just don't see it.
I kinda agree that the world of UFC watching dudes has kinda moved on from the era of Jon Jones and Miocic.

I am sure it'll do "ok" PPV numbers but nothing crazy. A lot depends on who is on the rest of the card.

Last edited:
That's true, but I feel like Aspinall will have to beat one of them to get the respect of the greater fanbase.

Jones made his name beating the greats from the era before him, Shogun, Rampage, Vitor etc.

Miocic did the same at HW, beating Werdum, Overeem, JDS.

Aspinall just beating the current gen guys won't do much for him even if they are objectively better wins. People always think the eras of the past are better and look how quickly people forgot Pavlovich. He went from the most dangerous man in the sport to a nobody overnight on Sherdog.

this is why i don't like guys retiring undefeated, like Khabib. for me, as a fan, the sport is better when those guys pass the torch and it only happens if they fight the young guys. like i understand for Khabib it's the best thing to retire undefeated but for the sport and the fanbase it's better they pass the torch.

I kin da agree that the world of UFC watching dudes has kinda moved on from the era of Jon Jones and Miocic.

I am sure it'll do "ok" PPV numbers but nothing crazy. A lot depends on who is on the rest of the card.
Don't try to turn this shit into boxing where the sport is driven by past their prime names because the old ass dinosaur promoters are too lazy to build up new names knowing they'll be dead before they'll make any money off of them anyway.

So we have to wait ANOTHER seven goddamn months for this for FUCKS SAKE!

I don't even see why Stipe wants this fight. You still have your vision and presumably your knees. Why throw those in the trash to give a cheating piece of garbage like Jon a nice send off.

If they don't put a banger card together I got no problem skipping this shambola

I'll believe it when I see them both in the cage.

Even if it does happen in November 2024, it would've been 20 months since Jon won the title, and he'll be fighting a 42 year old guy that hasn't fought in 3 and half years
It's all so ridiculous. Anyone that argues this is a fool. Tom is the real champ and beats both.

I'd like a Bones fight to mean more for the division but business over merit I guess. I'll watch the fight but it will be like a filler fight imo. Unify that shit. It's ridiculous. I'm a Bones fan for a long ass time but stagnation annoys me.

Ah well, long as I enjoy the fight I guess that's all that matters. I've near given up on caring about how the divisions break down. Don't follow rankings much either anymore.

that will be almost 11 months of USADAless UFC, so ya it tracks.

I saw a reel Stipe posted on social media, and he's acting like Earnest, making weird faces and shit. I don't recall him ever doing shit like that before. Idk that he needs to fight again.

Back