Stipe Miocic plans to beat Jon Jones in 'Every aspect of the game' at UFC 295

Stipe unfortunately doesn't have great odds against Jon and that’s real. Stipe will have to fight perfect, jones will have to have an off night.

Stipe isn’t dangerous enough in any one area. I can’t imagine he’s got any faster, and I think that’s something you need to beat Jon.

Last edited:
Look, I want Stipe to win...I just don't see an avenue for it.
If he proves me wrong I'll absolutely love it because I hate Jon...but I just don't see an avenue for it sir.

I'm not sure how long you've been watching but winning championship level fights at 40 is like finding a girl with 2 pussies.....very rare.
Lol @ ‘I’m not sure how long you’ve been watching’

again, relax big guy

Look, I want Stipe to win...I just don't see an avenue for it.
If he proves me wrong I'll absolutely love it because I hate Jon...but I just don't see an avenue for it sir.

I'm not sure how long you've been watching but winning championship level fights at 40 is like finding a girl with 2 pussies.....very rare.
I’m with you my hearts out there for stipe but I do not expect anything at all other than getting mauled. Would way rather see pavlovich vs jones. Way higher chance of jones getting slept

Last edited:
I’m with you my hearts out there for stipe but I do not expect anything at all other than getting mailed. Would way rather see pavlovich vs jones. Way higher chance of jones getting slept

Exactly, I want him to win, but Im failing to see a way for it to happen.
Hoping for a KO seems a bit silly to me.

I would like to see Pav fighting, but I think he'd get the Gane treatment the second he went for a big punch tbh.

Yeah theres no question about that sir.
This however isn't a boxing match, nor is Jon just going to stand there and duke it out with Stipe.
You're right; he's not. But if Stipe can hold his own well enough in the clinch, to keep the fight mostly at boxing/dirty boxing range, it will get interesting. I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that Jones bullies Stipe the clinch, the way he did in his LHW fights.

You're right; he's not. But if Stipe can hold his own well enough in the clinch, to keep the fight mostly at boxing/dirty boxing range, it will get interesting. I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that Jones bullies Stipe the clinch, the way he did in his LHW fights.

The clinch is probably the most interesting aspect of this fight tbh.

Stipe in his prime would have made this a great and compelling fight. HW wrestling is terrible but Stipe is one of the extreme few with legit wrestling.

Old Stipe I'm afraid just isn't gonna cut it.

Jones's Fight IQ was never underrated, it was always touted as one of his most significant gifts and many pegged him on having the best or one of the best fight IQs in the game.

One thing I did admire about prime Stipe and his team was that they did seem to come up with good game planning and strategies for different opponents.

What do you think? Can Stipe make magic occur one last time and overcome Jones' multi-level skillset?

Jon also has underrated fight IQ, so I am interested to see if this will be a chessmatch, or a blowout.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023...beat-jon-jones-every-aspect-heavyweight-title
Unlike Sergei, Stipe actually has all the tools take out Jones. He very well could ko Jones. His footwork and jab are good enough to get inside Jon’s reach. His combination punching and his power also will put Jones and his long arms at a disadvantage should Stipe get on the inside. On paper he has the skills to get it done. This is all dependent on whether Stipe can deal with the leg kicks and knee attacks of Jones.

It’s a shame this fight didn’t happen in Stipe’s prime. Training part time several years after your career is really over is a terrible idea to come back against one of the best to ever do it who is way closer to his prime. Stipe is now old and plodding. Moneys a Helluva drug.

Let’s face it because of Jones out of the cage shenanigans he has taken way less damage than he would have fighting twice a year.

I would love to see it but it ain’t happening.

I don't see Jones taking Stipe down as easy as he did Gane. If Jones is as hittable as he was against Reyes and Santos, Stipe could put him out. He is a proven finisher, and that's one of the last things to go.

Explain sir.

Stipe has harder KO power, Wrestling, Much faster. Jones normal Advantages dont exist against big guys. Jones only chance of winning is to keep a distance and use point striking and hope Stipe doesn't go bananas on him. Stipe lands on Jones, its a KO!

Stipe has harder KO power, Wrestling, Much faster. Jones normal Advantages dont exist against big guys. Jones only chance of winning is to keep a distance and use point striking and hope Stipe doesn't go bananas on him. Stipe lands on Jones, its a KO!

Not happening. If anything, Jones will be on top of him bombarding Stipe.

Back