• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Economy stonks v14, brokergate

I wonder if this is true

hzgt0p0kvke61.png

Unlike 2008 where the entire credit market froze and there was a real risk of trucks not being able to deliver food the next day, I don't see how government forces the people to bail out 72Point/Citadel/Melvin capital. How what that go over.

FWIW - IMHO I think this is the biggest story since the Berlin Wall coming down.

it's probably true, but you also probably are getting this all wrong.

it wasn't a big deal for tradezero because they're tiny/insignificant, and they kind of suck. after glancing at their fee structures, they seem to be geared to people who want to buy pink sheets/OTC stocks. they're objectively much worse than any of the major brokers, as far as rates/fees/interest/etc go.

which is why they were basically unaffected. they didn't have a ton of users buying up high volatility stocks.

it's probably true, but you also probably are getting this all wrong.

it wasn't a big deal for tradezero because they're tiny/insignificant, and they kind of suck. after glancing at their fee structures, they seem to be geared to people who want to buy pink sheets/OTC stocks. they're objectively much worse than any of the major brokers, as far as rates/fees/interest/etc go.

which is why they were basically unaffected. they didn't have a ton of users buying up high volatility stocks.
Bingo.

Everyone is pissed at robhinhood like it's their fault every retard clogged up robinhood with absurd trades with absurd financial expectations.
It's like 1000 people towing boat and RVs for the first time ever getting caught on some 2 lane highway with a bunch of accidents and going "FUUUUUUUCK THIS HIGHWAY" and not blaming the other drivers or their inexperience towing and then thinking that if all the same cars and accidents happened on a different 2 lane highway that things would be different.

@brackis1 @rob mafia
You two obviously have more experience the everyone in here so my question, what are you guys doing in reference to gme?
I got in With around 2000$ and bought 38 shares at 52.20 when I saw what was happening on Reddit (Jan 19th). I have obviously made A great return on this so far...I was thinking about putting in a limit buy at 165 for 10 shares right now and Capitalizing on the dip tomorrow at opening or lunch then holding on everything till 700 (I know ,I’m a pussy).

be brutally honest,what do you think about this.

re: me and gme... basically nothing.

i sold far otm puts (1/29 [expired] and 2/5). might sell more puts tomorrow, since the iv/premiums will likely still be the most absurd i've ever seen.

aside from this, the only way i'd even touch the long side is if the call-side premiums look as/more insane. regardless, i'm not touching shares with a 1000 foot pole.

it could go uppies bigly and it's certainly a high profile target to day trade, but the risk associated with it right now is ridonculous.

as for brutal honesty - i think 90% of you are useful idiots and being played pretty hard.

Last edited:
Bingo.

Everyone is pissed at robhinhood like it's their fault every retard clogged up robinhood with absurd trades with absurd financial expectations.
It's like 1000 people towing boat and RVs for the first time ever getting caught on some 2 lane highway with a bunch of accidents and going "FUUUUUUUCK THIS HIGHWAY" and not blaming the other drivers or their inexperience towing and then thinking that if all the same cars and accidents happened on a different 2 lane highway that things would be different.

this is a good analogy. and yeah, it should be comical that the horde don't realize that their own trades/strategy are the problem. i mean... they know about the short squeeze and that they're driving up volatility... it's odd for them to then rage about instituted risk management based off the volatility spikes they just created.

also, i just checked rh and while they still have some restrictions, it's not that bad. regardless, it's not terrifying like friday.

Symbol Shares Options contracts
GME 1 5
KOSS 2 N/A
AMC 10 10
EXPR 20 20
NAKD 600 N/A
GNUS 600 600
BB 700 700
NOK 2000 1000

the top 4 are the only ones especially egregious, and there's still time for them to change that. i still find it weird that options are less restricted than shares on rh, when ibkr/others cut options off immediately.

Bingo.

While I do believe there is some fuckery going on behind the scenes you’re absolutely right about a lot of the RH hatred being due to pure ignorance. As long as those towing stay their ass in the right lane we should be all good. That analogy is on point and gives me flashbacks lol.

I pulled what little money I had with Robinhood. I have a feeling they might not survive this.
I just got Schwab and M1 now.

<Fedor23>

isn't m1 pretty bad?

and i have a feeling rh will be fine. a few days of bad press and etc, and once the horde is on other brokers/realize that most brokers did the same/similar... the irony is that less people buying up gme/amc/etc right now on rh is actually better for rh... short-term, at least.

<Fedor23>

isn't m1 pretty bad?

and i have a feeling rh will be fine. a few days of bad press and etc, and once the horde is on other brokers/realize that most brokers did the same/similar... the irony is that less people buying up gme/amc/etc right now on rh is actually better for rh... short-term, at least.

For investing long term no. You can't trade .
I just buy reits and some speculative stocks for the long term on it.

this is a good analogy. and yeah, it should be comical that the horde don't realize that their own trades/strategy are the problem. i mean... they know about the short squeeze and that they're driving up volatility... it's odd for them to then rage about instituted risk management based off the volatility spikes they just created.

also, i just checked rh and while they still have some restrictions, it's not that bad. regardless, it's not terrifying like friday.

Symbol Shares Options contracts
GME 1 5
KOSS 2 N/A
AMC 10 10
EXPR 20 20
NAKD 600 N/A
GNUS 600 600
BB 700 700
NOK 2000 1000

the top 4 are the only ones especially egregious, and there's still time for them to change that. i still find it weird that options are less restricted than shares on rh, when ibkr/others cut options off immediately.

I wonder how it would work if you try to exercise a option if the have such low limits.

Last edited:
For investing long term no. You can't trade .
I just buy reits and some speculative stocks for the long term on it.

well, that was a double-entendre joke, referencing m1 global/vadim... and fedor's contract.

I wonder how it would work if you try to exercise a option if the have suck low limits.

exactly. i tried to buy 0dte bb contracts on friday, but they were pulled from the options chains on rh. but 2/5s and already-existing 1/29s were able to be exercised, effectively as a work-around for the share restrictions. which is why i find it odd that they restricted shares harder than options, given that one contract essentially = 100 shares.

of course, it also just meant that i shifted from cc's to vertical spreads.

I wonder how it would work if you try to exercise a option if the have suck low limits.
I could exercise gme options just fine on Thursday and Friday on RH

It was more profitable for me to exercise some of my deep itm options ($16 expiring in April) and sell the shares instead of trying to sell the options directly (0 volume)

Still hodling plenty of shares

re: me and gme... basically nothing.

i sold far otm puts (1/29 [expired] and 2/5). might sell more puts tomorrow, since the iv/premiums will likely still be the most absurd i've ever seen.

aside from this, the only way i'd even touch the long side is if the call-side premiums look as/more insane. regardless, i'm not touching shares with a 1000 foot pole.

it could go uppies bigly and it's certainly a high profile target to day trade, but the risk associated with it right now is ridonculous.

as for brutal honesty - i think 90% of you are useful idiots and being played pretty hard.
Lol, I feel what your saying actually. I don’t usually get into any of this world(just have my humble retirement/investment accounts) but did a quick yolo.its paid off but I’m not holding ,just my quick snipe and outro

well, that was a double-entendre joke, referencing m1 global/vadim... and fedor's contract.

exactly. i tried to buy 0dte bb contracts on friday, but they were pulled from the options chains on rh. but 2/5s and already-existing 1/29s were able to be exercised, effectively as a work-around for the share restrictions. which is why i find it odd that they restricted shares harder than options, given that one contract essentially = 100 shares.

of course, it also just meant that i shifted from cc's to vertical spreads.

I'm disappointed in myself that the M1 joke went over my head. Especially being such a big fan of Fedor.

<Deported1>
For me

Nothing.
It's retarded and the risk weighting is completely outside the realm of what I would to to sensibly accrue more wealth over time and I find no pleasure sending people with less experience and more of their "rent money" on the line than me to get fucked over whenever it stops.

I like your posts and you seem to know things. So out of curiosity, what stocks are in your portfolio?

I don’t know if this has been posted but Cramer had me laughing my ass off in this clip. His mannerisms are ridiculous.

<Huh2>

i mean, if you're going to be this obvious about it... it's not really even worth the

<AckbarTrap>

Huh? I don't know even know what you're saying. I'm just saying if someone talks and seems to know something... if you talk the talk then walk the walk. If you can say GME is good or bad and back it up with seemingly smart responses then what good or bad stock does that person actually own themselves? It's not really fair to say, "Don't buy GME. It's a worthless scheme." But not disclose stocks they have in their portfolio to show the contrast of GME = bad but look at these stocks = good.

Huh? I don't know even know what you're saying. I'm just saying if someone talks and seems to know something... if you talk the talk then walk the walk. If you can say GME is good or bad and back it up with seemingly smart responses then what good or bad stock does that person actually own themselves? It's not really fair to say, "Don't buy GME. It's a worthless scheme." But not disclose stocks they have in their portfolio to show the contrast of GME = bad but look at these stocks = good.
<LikeReally5>

So i am new(ish) to stocks etc.. i have about 20 shares of gamestop i got in around 40 and bought some more at 70.... whats the optimal endgame for the stock??
are we holding for like 1000 a share or do you think we can hold this till like 5k a share?

No one but yourself is responsible for your exit strategy.

Figure out what you want out of the play, and try to make that happen. If you get stuck with the bag, you get stuck with the bag. If you make bank, you make bank.

i mean... just throwing this out there.

I don’t always agree with Cramer but both of those interviews help explain what is happening perfectly. Crazy to think that video is from 2006. He’s absolutely right about hedge funds fomenting and it being illegal but the SEC is shit at their job and would rather twiddle their thumbs than do anything about it.

A remark that really stuck out to me was when Cramer stated, “a hedge fund that's not up a lot, really has to do a lot to save itself”. From there he goes on to state that it’s blatantly illegal but when your backs against the wall it’s important to foment.

Lastly he states that it’s extremely important to get that false impression on CNBC to almost validate it. We saw that all of last week. It’s definitely interesting watching this play out but I’m left wondering what the hell is going to be the end result from all of this.

Back