Economy stonks v27: banks, the kings of vega

What should I buy with my spare cash?

LMT awared a $17 billion contract yesterday. Nice. For interceptors to guard the U.S. against an intercontinental ballistic missile attack.

I added a small amount of WGO today. Around $62. Sank from around $74 at the end of March. Higher interest rates are a headwind for them right now, but it's a very solid if unglamorous company.

My URI has dropped from around $730 at the start of April to under $640 currently. Took advantage of the discount and added a very small amount at $638.21 today.

Should of known RDDT was a great short after ARK bought +$50 and is now a bagholder.

Expecting markets to perhaps bounce soon here when things cool down.

My Kraken (KRKNF) is growing larger!

Signed a 6 million dollar deal yesterday, customer undisclosed and then post this kind of growth today-

Q4 2023 Financial Highlights
  • Consolidated revenue for Q4 2023 was $28.0 million compared to $8.8 million, an increase of 218% over the comparable quarter and marked the Company’s strongest quarter to date for both the product and service businesses. Revenue mix was 70% Product / 30% Service.
  • Product revenue in the quarter was $19.6 million, an increase of 287% over the comparable quarter. The increase was the result of continued delivery of subsea batteries, work with the Canadian Navy on its Remote Minehunting and Disposal Systems program, the production of our KATFISH™ product as well as the sale of Synthetic Aperture Sonar systems.
  • Service revenue in the quarter was $8.4 million, an increase of 124% over the comparable quarter due increased work with Sub-Bottom Imager™ and Acoustic Corer™ technologies.
  • Gross margin percentage(1) in Q4 2023 was 42% compared to 50% in Q4 2022 with the change related to revenue mix by project in the quarter when compared to the prior year.
  • Adjusted EBITDA(2) for the quarter was $5.7 million compared to an Adjusted EBITDA(2) of $0.9 million in the comparable quarter. Adjusted EBITDA margin(2) in the quarter was 20% compared to 11% in the year ago quarter.
  • Net income in the quarter was $2.6 million, compared to net loss of $1.3 million in Q4 2022.
Face it people we've raped the land and we're going to start raping the sea floor for the next generation plus geo political strife means more undersea defense work.

Thing sells for .73C right now......
Do your own due diligenc
invest in it at your own risk
only invest money you can afford to lose all of
never take financial advice from a drunken talking rabbit
you know the standard disclaimers, etc. and so forth

Bought more URI at $623 this week. Had another order in for $622, which the stock hit, but it didn't get filled, because Interactive Brokers sucks donkey dick. Oh well.

URI back up to $660 already.

Facebook missed earnings, stock slipped pretty badly

Chipotle had a good report, should have picked up more

BOOM! Up to $175. And they started a dividend.

Alphabet stock surged by double digits -- (NASDAQ:GOOG) +12%, (NASDAQ:GOOGL) +12% -- after its first-quarter earnings easily cleared analyst expectations as revenues jumped 15% with strong performance particularly at YouTube.

Revenues rose to $80.54B, easily topping consensus for $78.7B. Advertising revenue rose 13% to $61.7B.

Meanwhile, YouTube ads revenue -- previously an area of concern -- rose a full 21% to $8.09B. Subscriptions, platforms and devices revenue jumped 18%.

And the momentum in Cloud continued, with 28% revenue growth and operating income that more than quadrupled year-over-year.

Operating income jumped 46% year-over-year, to $25.47B. Earnings per share landed at $1.89 vs. $1.50 expected by Wall Street.

Operating margin also expanded, to 32% from a year-ago 25%.

“Our results in the first quarter reflect strong performance from Search, YouTube and Cloud," said CEO Sundar Pichai. "We are well under way with our Gemini era and there’s great momentum across the company."

Revenues by segment: Google search and other, $46.16B (up 14.4%); YouTube ads, $8.09B (up 20.9%); Google Network, $7.41B (down 1.1%); Google subscriptions, platforms and devices, $8.74B (up 17.9%); Google Cloud, $9.57B (up 28.4%); Other Bets, $495M (up 71.9%).

Operating income by segment: Google Services, $27.9B (up 28.3%); Google Cloud, $900M (up 371%); Other Bets, -$1.02B (vs. year-ago -$1.23B); Alphabet-level activities, -$2.3B (vs. year-ago -$3.3B).

The company also authorized the buyback of up to an additional $70B worth of shares, and declared a cash dividend of $0.20 per share.

Ohh baby. Solid earnings from URI and UNP too. Both up about 5%. Nice to see the new CEO right the ship at UNP after the last guy messing stuff up.

BOOM! Up to $175. And they started a dividend.

Alphabet stock surged by double digits -- (NASDAQ:GOOG) +12%, (NASDAQ:GOOGL) +12% -- after its first-quarter earnings easily cleared analyst expectations as revenues jumped 15% with strong performance particularly at YouTube.

Revenues rose to $80.54B, easily topping consensus for $78.7B. Advertising revenue rose 13% to $61.7B.

Meanwhile, YouTube ads revenue -- previously an area of concern -- rose a full 21% to $8.09B. Subscriptions, platforms and devices revenue jumped 18%.

And the momentum in Cloud continued, with 28% revenue growth and operating income that more than quadrupled year-over-year.

Operating income jumped 46% year-over-year, to $25.47B. Earnings per share landed at $1.89 vs. $1.50 expected by Wall Street.

Operating margin also expanded, to 32% from a year-ago 25%.

“Our results in the first quarter reflect strong performance from Search, YouTube and Cloud," said CEO Sundar Pichai. "We are well under way with our Gemini era and there’s great momentum across the company."

Revenues by segment: Google search and other, $46.16B (up 14.4%); YouTube ads, $8.09B (up 20.9%); Google Network, $7.41B (down 1.1%); Google subscriptions, platforms and devices, $8.74B (up 17.9%); Google Cloud, $9.57B (up 28.4%); Other Bets, $495M (up 71.9%).

Operating income by segment: Google Services, $27.9B (up 28.3%); Google Cloud, $900M (up 371%); Other Bets, -$1.02B (vs. year-ago -$1.23B); Alphabet-level activities, -$2.3B (vs. year-ago -$3.3B).

The company also authorized the buyback of up to an additional $70B worth of shares, and declared a cash dividend of $0.20 per share.

Google really delivered a great earnings report here. They proved they aren't falling off as some suggested and are still very much relevant.

I'm just annoyed I didn't load the freaking truck as I've been thinking this entire time it was easily the better buy of megacap tech.

Earnings have been fairly decent so far for tech or Mag 7.

Tesla earnings were truly awful, the balance sheet has eroded significantly across the board, it's really bad.. I am surprised investors have yet again lapped it all up as Musk claims Tesla is not a car company lol.

Google really delivered a great earnings report here. They proved they aren't falling off as some suggested and are still very much relevant.

I'm just annoyed I didn't load the freaking truck as I've been thinking this entire time it was easily the better buy of megacap tech.

Yeah, we're in an era where so many quality companies are trading at 30x + earnings. But GOOGL was available recently below 20. Seemed like a pretty obvious buy. The reasons people gave for being pessimistic about them weren't very convincing. Alphabet is just a money making behemoth.
Tesla earnings were truly awful, the balance sheet has eroded significantly across the board, it's really bad.. I am surprised investors have yet again lapped it all up as Musk claims Tesla is not a car company lol.
You might get some dead cat bounces, but I only see Musk's self-immolation continuing, as he continues to turn potential customers off with his shenanigans. He's only a headwind for the company at this point. The board should be considering removing him, not gifting him $56 billion.

He promised more variety of vehicles and the fan boys went nuts, but forgot the promises he made for that god awful Cyber Truck.
Also he is pissing off his biggest core set of buyers. Most smug liberals are the ones that buy Telsa's. I got a long Put on Tesla, after the earnings pop, lets see how it plays out. . Mine are not do until after next earnings, which I dont think will be good either.

Back