Stop the knee cut using the "de la Stamp" VERY simple trick

Invisible Jiu Jitsu

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Continuing the theme of actually maintaining the de la Riva guard, as opposed to attacking, we come to stopping our opponent dominating our leg and hitting a knee cut. I (David Morcegao, de la Riva 1st degree BB) use a very simple trick that I call the de la Stamp (you'll see why when you watch the video). If you like the video, please LIKE, SUBSCRIBE then SHARE on your social media of choice :)

Next goal, get to 200 subscribers!

You can follow my youtube by clicking subscribe at this link. I'll be updating with videos regularly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdKK3hnGjebQkR5f66TaKzg?sub_confirmation=1

You can also follow my facebook page which will feature both my content as well as other high level players' vids:

https://www.facebook.com/invisiblejiujitsu

Good stuff. Keep them coming. I subcrisbe to your channel by the way.

Continuing the theme of actually maintaining the de la Riva guard, as opposed to attacking, we come to stopping our opponent dominating our leg and hitting a knee cut. I (David Morcegao, de la Riva 1st degree BB) use a very simple trick that I call the de la Stamp (you'll see why when you watch the video).

The video doesn't really reveal the purpose of the stamp before you insert the foot as a hook. is it to put your knuckles into his grip?

i don't understand what you mean, sorry

Maybe my questions will be answered when I play around with it. In the video you say to use it when the opponent is strong/heavy and stuffing your foot, but as I watch the video I can't figure out what advantage the stamp creates that is different from just going to RLDR as soon as he stuffs you.

I guess what I'm wondering is, what effect am I trying to create with the stamp?

P.S. Hopefully I don't come off as argumentative, I really like the two DLR vids you've put up. If you're taking suggestions, I'd love to see some no-gi DLR stuff along the same lines as these two.

Maybe my questions will be answered when I play around with it. In the video you say to use it when the opponent is strong/heavy and stuffing your foot, but as I watch the video I can't figure out what advantage the stamp creates that is different from just going to RLDR as soon as he stuffs you.

I guess what I'm wondering is, what effect am I trying to create with the stamp?

P.S. Hopefully I don't come off as argumentative, I really like the two DLR vids you've put up. If you're taking suggestions, I'd love to see some no-gi DLR stuff along the same lines as these two.

no you don't come off as argumentative, don't worry. basically when they dominate a pant grip and stuff that leg to cut they will try and stuff it all the way through and down which makes going straight to RDLR difficult or impossible. stamping the ground blocks your leg in place with a good bend at the knee so you're in a strong position. From there you can go to RDLR or use the power from the floor to elevate your hips and add power to your DLR hook taking the guy over you and off balance (this leads nicely to single leg stuff). Hope that clears it up?

no you don't come off as argumentative, don't worry. basically when they dominate a pant grip and stuff that leg to cut they will try and stuff it all the way through and down which makes going straight to RDLR difficult or impossible. stamping the ground blocks your leg in place with a good bend at the knee so you're in a strong position. From there you can go to RDLR or use the power from the floor to elevate your hips and add power to your DLR hook taking the guy over you and off balance (this leads nicely to single leg stuff). Hope that clears it up?

awesome! thank you!

Good to see you back. I was subscribed to your old page but the videos got taken down. You were the first I saw that showed that ankle lock leg position.

Good videos. That mat looks like a giant birds shit though.

Great details on the position and how to maintain and secure it. Thank you for posting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back